anybody use sponsorhouse.com- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

anybody use sponsorhouse.com

anybody on here use sponsorhouse.com? if so has it worked for you? i was thinking about signin up, 50 for a whole year doesnt sound to bad...

oh yeah if u do use it leave yur user name so i can check out yur profile and see wut should go into mine...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebikedoctor33
    anybody on here use sponsorhouse.com? if so has it worked for you? i was thinking about signin up, 50 for a whole year doesnt sound to bad...

oh yeah if u do use it leave yur user name so i can check out yur profile and see wut should go into mine...
    Biker3 and the Sherpa do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebikedoctor33

i was going to and i signed up and they called me lookin for money and i dont really want to pay for that stuff maybe i can get my dad to get me some money but it seems like a good idea.

mtbr member
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    what were is gnarcal

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    I recommend it strongly. Great way for struggling riders like me and pros alike to get deals and get there resumes out to companies.
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    whats the exposure like for non-racers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mtbr member
    yeah anybody use it for freeride?

pwn3rator
    my friend who races mx uses it... he's gotten ove 30 sponsors in a year...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotgobig
    yeah anybody use it for freeride?
    from wut i gather u can just post pics and stuff to try for get sponsors who want freeriders

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    I recommend it strongly. Great way for struggling riders like me and pros alike to get deals and get there resumes out to companies.
    Does anyone know how many riders have gotten sponsorship deals from them?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Well 1st off you don't need sponsorhouse.com its just the middle man trying to make money. Deals help yes, but remeber you have to think of the future as well. Working hard promoting your sponsor in the best way you can in a professional manner is probably the best thing you can do on the side when your not on the hill. Try writing letters and resume's with race results and what you plan for your race season to some companies. Tell them a little about your self and your backround helps rather than reading somthing off the internet when you can read someones trouble of putting together a portfolio and mailing it. For those just starting out I would probably recommend that internet tool. I hope that helps, good luck in the future.

www.CortinaCycles.com

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_winner1
    Well 1st off you don't need sponsorhouse.com its just the middle man trying to make money. Deals help yes, but remeber you have to think of the future as well. Working hard promoting your sponsor in the best way you can in a professional manner is probably the best thing you can do on the side when your not on the hill. Try writing letters and resume's with race results and what you plan for your race season to some companies. Tell them a little about your self and your backround helps rather than reading somthing off the internet when you can read someones trouble of putting together a portfolio and mailing it. For those just starting out I would probably recommend that internet tool. I hope that helps, good luck in the future.

www.CortinaCycles.com
    I agree with Max. While I think the concept of Spnsorhouse is pretty cool, I don't think too many riders have been picked up by sponsors through them. If there are riders who have been picked up using Sponsorhouse I would like to hear about it...

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by WWT
    I agree with Max. While I think the concept of Spnsorhouse is pretty cool, I don't think too many riders have been picked up by sponsors through them. If there are riders who have been picked up using Sponsorhouse I would like to hear about it...
    Well average people aren't gonna get picked up by a factory team or anything, it's just a way for smaller dudes to get there name out there sort of and pick up some sponsors, I guess there are some pros on there too.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by WWT
    Umm, theres been alot. Some companies don't even accept resumes, and you have to use sponsorhouse.
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

V10 Freerider
    I used sponsorhouse

Quite a few companies will only accept sponsorship requests from a clearinghouse like sponsorhouse.com. Mostly what you will find is discount programs for sponsored riders. The discounts vary but unless you are at the expert level or above and have a decent race resume as well as some community involvement/connection the discounts can be negligable. Most discounts can be matched by online retailers such as jenson, cambria, pricepoint etc. It is a good way to get your feet wet in the sponsorship arena but don't expect the factory race team to send you a new rig and race kit since you won the regional DH series beginner class.

Sponsors are looking for EXPOSURE. The more positive exposure you can offer that will increase name recognition and potential sales, the better your chances of obtaining sponsorships.

Very few sponsors are just going to send you free gear.

Another thing to consider is the agreements you are asked to sign.
    Most companies want exclusive rights. This means if you sign with Azonic and use Fox shinguards and a 661 preasure suit you are violating the agreement. I had offers from several different companies that had competing products. Some I could not accept some that I could.
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I use it and have had really good luck with it. I think it's the wave of the future, just like very few companies out there want people to mail them job resumes. It makes life easier on both sides, plus it's an easy way for them to get out contact into, who wanted a couple hundred riders calling asking about sponsorship. I think the fact that companies like Foes, Chumba Wumba, Turner, and IH are using it show it has promise. It's well worth the money in my opinion.

However like anyting you have to put effort into it or it won't work for ya.

Members who have read this thread: 0