Anybody ridin' an 04 Sherman Slider +??- Mtbr.com
    Some Assembly Required

Anybody ridin' an 04 Sherman Slider +??

Gettin' a Bullit w/a Sherman & I was wonderin' if aynyone is riding one or knows of anyone ridin' one??? Must Have FEED BACK!!!!!

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand
    Gettin' a Bullit w/a Sherman & I was wonderin' if aynyone is riding one or knows of anyone ridin' one??? Must Have FEED BACK!!!!!

Thanks.
    I ride a Breakout Plus, it's basically the same fork, only 1.5" steerer and SC.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand

Thanks.

I have one on my D-back which i just got yesterday. So far its totally badass. After i get some more riding time ill get back to ya.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

mtbr member

I ride a breakout too..

still pretty much the same thing except SC. I love mine its totally badass. SOOOO buttery smooth and very stiff. Youll love the slider you might want to consider the single crwn version though cause u get the same travel just more turning and better tricking. I guess its not as stiff but I haven't felt and flex whatsoever on mine. Ive been hitting 6-7-8 fters on mine and it takes them like nothing.

mtbr member
    I totally agree. Some say the extra inch over the normal Sherman Breakout causes less overlap on the bushings and thus a flexier fork. Well, if this fork is flexy then I'm the pope (which I'm not obviously, I don't drool when I'm awake).

I must say that the travel adjustment is a joke. It can only be used for climbing and should be truned off immediately when not needed. The other day I was trying (emphasis on trying) to wheelie and every time I pulled up on the handlebar I heard a strange noise. I turned out the RTA was on and caused this sound. The fork also gets very very rigid when the RTA is on. More like a rigid fork then something with 130mm of travel. This rigidness can be use to your advantage though. Switch on RTA when starting to climb, compress the fork and then immediately switch RTA off. The fork will only extend if a big enough bump disengages the RTA completely, which is unlikely to happen while you are climbing. But when the trail again levels out or descends, the RTA will automatically be switched off as speed and bumps increase. Perfect!

Hmm, after all this rambling about the RTA I realized that not many people will be using this fork in a bike that will see much climbs (mine does however).

When going downhill, this fork amazed me. On a trail our group visits regularly there is a downhill trail infested with small ruts that kriss-cross the trail and fist-sized rocks (as well as some really big rocks). On my other bike (Rocky Element) I have a Fox Float Forx which I thought was very good, however, I was still picking lines and avoiding the large rocks. I also had to brake quite a lot to avoid whiping-out. The Sherman blows the Fox away in every respect. I no longer have to look for lines, just point and it goes there as well as soaks up all the rocks/ruts. I found myself looking for the most difficult lines the second time down this hill, jumping over the larger rocks with ease. I never thougth a fork could make this much difference (although the new FR frame contributes a lot too).

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

... and if we just ... slider plus

This is an awsome fork as said above. The spv really makes a difference. It is very linear, but tunable to get it more progressive. Buy one, I have had mine for 2 month now and it has seen dirt jumps, hucks, and downhill, and is awesome.
    Ryan