Any summer jobs at resorts? Prefer east coast- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Any summer jobs at resorts? Prefer east coast

I am an Atlanta native, so naturally there is not that much terrain down here. Just wondering if there are any jobs out there that I could hopefully move to the mountain for the summer. I applied at Diablo and Highland so we will see how that goes, but if any one has any experience doing this or any advice that would help. I have to get out of this damn city and be in the mountains! One of my best buds is living at his grandparents up in Warren, VT. The same town as Sugarbush mountain, I have given them a call as well. Thanks guys

gnar, brah
    You can get an entry job as a lifty, and ride all day on your days off. Be persistent, as a lifties are often transient, and there might be openings mid-season.

Or head out west.
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for the quick response. I thought the most accessible job would be a lifty, I have friends out west that do it during the winter months. Are they transient in the respect that they normally leave shortly after getting the job, or does the resort only employ them for a short period of time? I'll keep this thread updated as I hear news.

May The Force Be With You
    you can also look into food services if there are any restaurants at the resorts, hotel work, grounds keeping...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'16 Balance
    '11 Jedi
    '08 Toyota FJ Cruiser / Facebook: NyNomadFJC

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Ya I saw the resort in Sugarbush is looking for servers, and they also have a nice golf course that I wouldn't be opposed to working at. If you are coming from out of town to work at a resort, are you solely responsible for finding your own living arrangements? I thought I heard somewhere that some places give you a place to live or possibly a discount of sorts. Any truth to this?

May The Force Be With You
    I've heard of it being true but i think the best time to ask would be at the interview
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'16 Balance
    '11 Jedi
    '08 Toyota FJ Cruiser / Facebook: NyNomadFJC

gnar, brah
    Well, at least at Winter Park, there are at least a few new openings throughout the summer. I assume other resorts are similar.
    Trestle Bike Park

Members who have read this thread: 0