Any News on the '07 FOX 40?- Mtbr.com
    New School

Any News on the '07 FOX 40?

Has anyone heard any news info on the 07 40? I cac get one, I just have no idea what had changed.
    ALGIO E OLIO!

Giant STP 06
    The graphics and it has a lot more bottoming out resistance I believe.

-> SickLines.com <-
    "# Titanium coil spring
    # Updated graphics
    # Lightest 8 inch travel fork on the market
    # 1 1/8 inch steerer
    # Stepped 20mm thru-axle
    # Integrated disc brake guide
    # Travel is internally adjustable to 6 inches, in half inch increments

The 40 comes in two models, the R and super-adjustable RC2, and is available in 7 and 8 inch travel models. The RC2 has externally adjustable high and low speed compression damping, and both models feature Fox's new FIT cartridge."

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

nsmb website article...

Cut and past from nsmb website. Here is the link if you want to read the whole thing:
    http://www.nsmb.com/gear/fox07_04_06.php

40 Forks
    FOX’s light, supple downhill fork remains unchanged for 2007 except:

Bottom-out control.
    Same as the 36. It engages in the last 1.5 – 2 inches of travel, and the contact point is adjustable. This will improve the 40 for big-hit riding.

New graphics.
    Sick!

Bottom-out control.
    If there was any critique of 2006 36s and 40s it was that they were hungry for full travel. They’d just gobble it up every time they got a chance. Near the end of their travel a small piston would ride into a cylinder, which theoretically increased oil pressure and controlled bottom-outs. But the fit between the piston and cylinder was too loose, and those high oil pressures never happened. Weak sauce.

The new bottom-out control rocks the strong sauce. First, the cylinder is cone-shaped. Second, the piston has an “interference fit,” which means it actually touches the inside of the cone. Third, the cone has four sets of holes along its height. When the piston first hits the cone, oil flows through all four ports. Then it squeezes oil through three ports, then two, then just one. The oil pressure builds up gradually, and it builds big.

The old bottom setup generated 80 pounds of bottom-out resistance. The new one generates 600 pounds. HUGE DIFFERENCE! The resistance starts around 1 1/4 inches from the bottom of the stroke and builds smoothly from there. And one more adjustment: The little piston can be moved up or down to engage the cone sooner or later.

Innovate or die!
    yeah that bottom out thing is interesting

i have an 05 40 and i use all the travel a good amount of the (sensible) time, have 1.9 inches of sag, and hardly ever have hard bottoms. I tend to go pretty big too, although i am a lighter and very smooth rider.

60 lbs resistance to 600----? excessive methinks, fox is moving into marzocchi realm........
    170mm profile crankset, silver king headset barely used, new blackspire chainguide, old version hope mini brakes---- all for sale at i-wanna-get-rid-of-it prices. I'm gone all of july after the 10th, other than that PM me if interested.

mtbr member
    For those of you who want a cheap forty, speedgoat has the 06's on closeout. like $1100.

The Gnarchitect Sketch.
    Do the new graphics say "marzocchi" on the side?
    Dirty Bird DH Bitches!!! Aug 22-23 Hawksnest- Seven Devils, NC.

mtbr member
    Sounds alot like the valving kits that were all the rage in MX in like mid to late 90'S????? Mainly for front forks!

Members who have read this thread: 0