Any full leg wrap knee/shin guards?- Mtbr.com
    dnt b a clwn thro it down

Any full leg wrap knee/shin guards?

Are there any other full leg wrap knee/shin guards besides the Roach Rally DH? I want to get some but the Rally DH ones I can't find in any of my LBS around here.

Thanks

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    Are there any other full leg wrap knee/shin guards besides the Roach Rally DH? I want to get some but the Rally DH ones I can't find in any of my LBS around here.

Thanks
    there are the dainese, but i am still waiting for a saftey jacket that i ordered in nov., so good luck trying to find those. check out the 661's

Glad to Be Alive

Thanks
    order online
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    order online
    Where? I might have seen them at go-ride.com. but I don't think its them.

Glad to Be Alive
    Where? I might have seen them at go-ride.com. but I don't think its them.
    wheel world will order them for you
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Ya I tried calling them today but they closed at 4 so I am trying them tomorrow. That was the last place I was gonna call before switching to a different set of pads...

Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    there are the dainese, but i am still waiting for a saftey jacket that i ordered in nov., so good luck trying to find those. check out the 661's
    You could get the Race Face DH, or Rock Garden has some new ones out that are full wrap. If you want ultra bulky go for the hoots.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Swoop, here's what I know...The Roach and RaceFace brand armors are identical in every respect except for the name printed on the elastic band. If there's no brand loyalty, get what you can or whats cheaper; they stock both at Jenson. The DH version does wrap around the calf, but material used is a nylon mesh net... not enough to slow down the pins that I run in my pedals. I'm on my second set of 661 4x4's, mainly because the other brands make my calves bleed. As far as frontal protection, The 4x4's provide poor rock deflection and tend to tear. Still love em though...

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    there is allways the SIXSIXONE 4x4s...

i had a pair for a while...they dont have the hardest impact plastic in them...but i never noticed the feel of any blow when i used them...and for some people the straps at the back were prone to tearing...but i never experience it but could have seen why it may have happened...but that was 2 years ago...since then id expect they should have been improved pretty dramatically as when i had some they were very early after being released...

a good all round guard that should be considered...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    the azonic neoprene ones work well http://www.azonicusa.com/catalog/pro...products_id=60

mtbr member

You can find them at...

jensonusa.com, I bought my 2 weeks ago.

The Gnarchitect Sketch.
    Mec makes calf guards that attach to pre-existing armor. They're like 10 bucks, CAN.

www.mec.ca
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Archdukeferdinand
    Mec makes calf guards that attach to pre-existing armor. They're like 10 bucks, CAN.

www.mec.ca
    That's a cool little thing there. I tried Jenson but they are out of stock on that stuff accourding to their website (atleast for the Roach Rally DH)

mtbr member

try this

That's a cool little thing there. I tried Jenson but they are out of stock on that stuff accourding to their website (atleast for the Roach Rally DH)
    http://www.beyondbikes.com/bb/Items....ge=2&CC=BA-KNE

Ya right here http://www.beyondbikes.com/BB/Pop/Pi...lly-dh-leg.jpg
    I also found them on another site last night. I will definately need to get a pair.

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by manwithgun
    ...The Roach and RaceFace brand armors are identical in every respect except for the name printed on the elastic band. If there's no brand loyalty, get what you can or whats cheaper;
    RaceFace owns the Roach brand (thats why they're identical), so even the price should be the same (i think the RF logos were used mostly for the canadian market). I bet they'll send you either depending on what they have in stock.

Mace (by Norco) also makes a similar product, but i've only been so-so satisfied with them (for what i want, better design than the 661/RG/Dainese stuff, but the Roach/RF looks more to my liking).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

yeah, uh............bikes
    I have a pair of FOX north shore knee/shin guards on the way, the wrap around the calf looks pretty thick. They look pretty good, but having never worn them I don't know how they will hold up. \

If anyone has tried them, I'd be interested to know how well they fit and how hot they are.

mtbr member

By the way...

Ya right here http://www.beyondbikes.com/BB/Pop/Pi...lly-dh-leg.jpg
    I also found them on another site last night. I will definately need to get a pair.
    If you have a skiny legs, the M fill too big.

Quote Originally Posted by nintense
    If you have a skiny legs, the M fill too big.
    But does the small have enoug length?

ride hard take risks
    EVS all the way! There is no othe protective gear, damn they back Travis Pastrana. Enough said buy EVS, ride hard.

Glad to Be Alive
    get meds...swoop

mtbr member
    I had the Azonic neoprenes - tough (and hot) as hell, but they were NEVER where they were supposed to be when I needed them. On the positive, you could jump off a building and land on your knees with those (if you knew for certain they would actually be there). I even played pickup hockey with them a couple of times.

Now I've got the new Kona wrap-arounds, which I haven't seen any of on the trail other than mine. Not as much protection as the Azonics or Rally DH and they are a bit fiddly to get on until you get used to them, but they fit very securely - they haven't slipped once. They are also suprisingly comfortable to pedal in.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz
    I had the Azonic neoprenes - tough (and hot) as hell, but they were NEVER where they were supposed to be when I needed them. On the positive, you could jump off a building and land on your knees with those (if you knew for certain they would actually be there). I even played pickup hockey with them a couple of times.

Now I've got the new Kona wrap-arounds, which I haven't seen any of on the trail other than mine. Not as much protection as the Azonics or Rally DH and they are a bit fiddly to get on until you get used to them, but they fit very securely - they haven't slipped once. They are also suprisingly comfortable to pedal in.
    I have actually wore the Azonics (broke the knee cone and they wear fast), the konas (very nice but the velcro wears fast and the old style rivets for the knee cone ripped my knee cap up pretty bad. There was skin in the rivets after I crashed. I like the roach/raceface the best. Comfortable with a lot of ventilation.