Any experience out there w/ Super Moto DH- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Any experience out there w/ Super Moto DH

This appears to be a killer bike but actual rider experience on it seems almost non existent. Decline recently gave a strong review to the FR model but they seem to pretty much like almost everything they review. Probably because they get to check out all the nicest stuff out there. I have heard this bike described as a lighter, stronger M1. One concern is with the 23.6" top tube as I am 6' 5". I have mainly been considering a large Gemini 3000 due to it's 25" top tube. I'm afraid I'll be too cramped on anything smaller. I come from a XC background not BMX so I am more comfortable being a little stretched out. These are pretty much my only two choices as I can get a good deal on them and I'm not really even sure about the deal part w/ regard to the Super Moto.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    i have the xts moto and im 5-7 and i got the small and its a big bike the large should fit u nice its and awsome bike. It can take anything u can throw at it. Also i hope your talking about the '05 model its got more travel they put icgs tabs on it. hope that helps

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Durka Durka Jihad Mohammed Durka Durka

Titus's DH bike is called the Super Moto so is Diamondbacks top drawer Freeride bike, don't get cofused.

Meh.
    I was just about to say that. Which bike are you referring to? The Titus or the Diamondback? I'm assuming the Titus since you can't find any information on it.

not really a noob
    i wish!
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

mtbr member
    Hey I am 6 foot and have just put together a small. It fits me fairly good. It is more cramped than the LG DHR I had, but I just got bach from a TUNNEL run on the bike today and it feels really good. If you get a large I would imagine that it would fit you fine. Let me know if you have any q's on the bike maybe I can help.

JFR
    mtbr member
    Yeah. The Titus tt is a little short. My XL '04 Quasi Moto has a 24.0''. I'm 6'3. I've had my Quasi only a few months. I ride Norcal xc/enduro, and I race Sport DH at Northstar on it. I'm pretty sure my current setup is an 85 x 25 stem with a 1' inch riser bar, and 15mm of spacers under the stem. For DH type riding this set up works pretty good. I'm railing on it and it jumps very naturally.

I'm an old FSR guy and had a 24'' tt on my previous bike, an XL '99 Max Backbone. So I may be used to the shorter tt, and frame design in general. I've previously owned a single pivot and spent several weekends on a L Gemini loaner while I was between bikes. I don't know the tt of the Gemini, but it felt very short (again, it was a L, not an XL). While it may not be all that noticable to some, brake jack and pedal kick back are real. Riding the Gemini reminded me of that.

Like you, I'm a little concerned about the SuperMoto's 23.6 tt for you at 6'5. I wouldn't be worried if you were 2 inches shorter and only 6'3 like me. I'm not saying it won't work for you, because it might. But I think your concern is warrented. I would also steer you away from single pivot bikes if I could (unless, I suppose, it had a floating rear brake and stable platform shock).

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhippie
    This appears to be a killer bike but actual rider experience on it seems almost non existent. Decline recently gave a strong review to the FR model but they seem to pretty much like almost everything they review. Probably because they get to check out all the nicest stuff out there. I have heard this bike described as a lighter, stronger M1. One concern is with the 23.6" top tube as I am 6' 5". I have mainly been considering a large Gemini 3000 due to it's 25" top tube. I'm afraid I'll be too cramped on anything smaller. I come from a XC background not BMX so I am more comfortable being a little stretched out. These are pretty much my only two choices as I can get a good deal on them and I'm not really even sure about the deal part w/ regard to the Super Moto.