any body riding with sombrio shorts?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

any body riding with sombrio shorts?

im curious if anyone is riding with either the sombrio pinner or badass shorts. im lookign for new shorts as i have lost abotu 2" in my waist so now my old shorts no longer fit. to me the pinner looks liek a very logn short and i actually have fairly short legs a technical 31" inseem. the bad ass looks cool but a bit pricey but im wondering if anyone has any info on durability of these shorts or the brand in general.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I recommend the Wildcard shorts. They have the best fit compared to the other models IMO. I just got some Pinners and they fit O.K. but I haven't had any pedal time lately to try them. Sombrio is a great brand and I haven't had any quality issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

not a forum admin
    my have split their seem and had to sow them back up (the seem just below the zipper) and mine also smell pretty bad after each ride - even if I wash them - after 1 ride they have weird smell that none of my other shorts have.

other than that - they are super bad ass and have worked great - and they are long - not short like TLDs and others.

rr
    I don't do PC
    I found some of the badass shorts on sale last year and picked up a couple pair, most comfy baggies I've tried and have held up nicely, might want to size up if you do buy, I usually wear L size shorts but had to send em back for the XL's

mtbr member
    thanks for the replys guys. i did look into sizing and it does seem as they run small i usually wear a xl in shorts but with the recent weight loss and their sizing it looks liek i will still be in the xl range in stead of the large range as in most other popular brands.

My Bike is Bigger
    Mar 2006
    They definitely run small, so a size up is highly recommended. Both are a great pair of shorts, they look good and the quality is on par if not above most out there. They do run a little long. The pinner and badass have the same cut, the wildcard is a little baggier. I would say the cut/size of Dickies shorts are a little bigger than the pinner/badass and about the same as the wildcard. Check out pricepoint, they have some good prices.
    We're not getting down, we're getting high!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The Badasses run pretty small. I wear a 36 in most shorts/pants, and picked up an XL, and it's a bit tight.

mtbr member
    yea i have lurked price point and they have awesome prices but not the colors i want in the size i need. bummer. but another thign is has anyone actually seen or own the wildcard? it says its a simulated denim but does it look like jean shorts? if so im not down for jean shorts. right now im riding with soem rockgardn freeride shorts and some dickies depending on how im feeling.

Glad to Be Alive
    Idiot ....support your local company....Azonic
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

N* Bomber Crew
    My favorite bike outfit is from Sombrio.

I have the Badass shorts you are looking at and they're really good. The best part is that they have a small zipper pocket for your car keys. The material isn't as bomb proof as some of the other shorts that I have, but they are way more comfortable. Take a normal pair of shorts you own, mix it with DH shorts, and you have the badass. Really good shorts, I got mine for $30 bucks.

I also have a Disciple 3/4ths Sleeve Jersey. Really nice and light, cool style, yeah...
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Idiot ....support your local company....Azonic
    yea i probably should look at their stuff. i really want plain shorts nothign really flashy you knwo but still somethign with a riders comfort in mind.

UNDEAD
    As mentioned before, they run SMALLLL
    Otherwise they are a great pair of shorts that hold up very well.
    Just don't order online unless you know the size FITS you....

SamIAm
    i just got a pair of the wildcard shorts and they are awsome. they come in 2 types of "denim" but its not really denim at all, it slightly resembles it. but it looks way cooler. they do run small tho. i have a 33 waist and had to get the xl to fit right. they are really big and baggy and the material looks tough. they are comfy and have a cool cellphone pocket

i say buy any of them.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by bigEhit
    yea i probably should look at their stuff. i really want plain shorts nothign really flashy you knwo but still somethign with a riders comfort in mind.
    Just a word of advice, all Azonic DH Shorts are basically "Shells" if you know what I mean. They're just designed to protect your upper legs.

Actually, with any DH Shorts they're ultimately just simple outer laying shells. I know this belongs in the XC Forum, but I highly recommend Lycra shorts underneath any DH Short for the nads support...really...you'll thank me later.

mtbr member

you guys should check out spectrum techwear

They are based out of Bellingham and the owner rides like a mammerjammer.

I like the Wilson short for riding trail. It has an inner liner w/o a pad and an adjustable waste. They come in long for the big boys too. I also dig the Greasemonkey for dirt jump sessions. You can't go wrong with either..

http://www.spectrumtechwear.com/index.htm

Check out the gallery section for some piccccccccccccccccssssssssssssss
    Act like I'm hate of the Haitian from Hateville

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    bigEhit, I have pinner mediums and wildcard smalls. I would order medium in the future. im technically a 30 waist, or so, but 31 or 32 is more comfortable. both shorts fit overall about the same despite the different sizes. Pinners are tighter around the thighs, and weird elastic nylon fabric or something.. pretty nice, but annoying fit. I like the wildcards much better, more roomy. And they don't look like blue denim, its more like faded black (mostly waterproof) jeans with a corase texture. they feel so great inside and out, too bad i have a spot of major rugburn on the ass when i sat on the tire landing a drop.

mtbr member
    I liked what I saw until I saw the prices. 145 for the pinner shorts. wtf?

EastBaySteez
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    but I highly recommend Lycra shorts underneath any DH Short for the nads support...really...you'll thank me later.
    I always knew there was something wrong with you.
    Now I know.

Dont deny it, you wear the lycra so you can whip off the $100 baggy shorts and hop on your roadie

Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    I always knew there was something wrong with you.
    Now I know.

Dont deny it, you wear the lycra so you can whip off the $100 baggy shorts and hop on your roadie

I wear em so I don't twist my nutsack and require surgery like one of my good friends.

mtbr member
    roku thanks that is some of the info i really need to know. due to my build finding gear that fits right is tough. i have short but huge legs. im 5'11" 230lbs and built fairlywell. i have a 36 aist but prefer to wear 38 pantsbelted. but the last time i measure my thighs came in at about 27" so i would prefer something with a little room in the thigh.

mtbr member
    I'm 5'10" and weigh 187 lbs. and my waist size is 33-34". The shorts I use are the Oakley Remix and Descent in size medium and have the Troy Lee Sprint shorts in the 34 inch size. Those shorts fit me well but the Sombrio Pinner's I got are a class above the others. I got the mediums and they do fit tight so I'm going with a larger size. Even being a size too small you can still feel the difference compared to other shorts.

MafiaRacing.com

speaking of shorts... www.jettmtb.com !?

speaking of shorts... we ran into these dudes... www.jettmtb.com Anybody know when JETT is going to start selling there line?? It says product launch on there website.... but i wonder if it'll be in stores this spring?? I would check out there shorts.... pretty rad it looks...
    www.mafiaracing.com

LIFE.LOYALTY.LIBERATION

mtbr member
    man those jett shorts look pretty bad but i have still not bought a new set of shorts. still rolling the rockgardns. which are nice shorts i just want something that doesnt have huge logos are graphics. sometimes i feel like i am wearing to much "gear" and not so free feeling. and by that i mean the rockgardns are super nice fitting but are very stiff and thick so i feel like im wearing 5 pairs of shorts. so i would prefer something with a little more flow.

Members who have read this thread: 0