anti-bike theft- Mtbr.com

Thread: anti-bike theft

mtbr member

anti-bike theft

people should start a program the leaves a nice bike with a crappy lock on it, do something like unlink the chain in the derailleur so they don't get far... and watch it... when they take it, give them the beat down of a life time... is this legal? if you did it like once a month not only would you feel better but word would get around and less bikes would be stolen... right?
    M. D. LEMONS

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lemons
    people should start a program the leaves a nice bike with a crappy lock on it, do something like unlink the chain in the derailleur so they don't get far... and watch it... when they take it, give them the beat down of a life time... is this legal? if you did it like once a month not only would you feel better but word would get around and less bikes would be stolen... right?
    What do you think?
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    What do you think?
    it should be... they stole a locked bike... and we are protecting our valuable property
    M. D. LEMONS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    What do you think?
    you tell um Jackyboi

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lemons
    it should be... they stole a locked bike... and we are protecting our valuable property
    assault is still illegal, no matter what the circumstances.....

izumusx988
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    you tell um Jackyboi
    I hide small shmee heads in my seat and they attack when someone comes near my bike, but otherwise I would shmee toss the person who stole my bike...
    -Rob

Northeast Sovereign racing - Morewood bikes-maxxis-hayes-e13

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    assault is still illegal, no matter what the circumstances.....
    YOU Ass SHIAT U make me sick you Bike Thief lover. When I find U stealing that little girls pink bike your sure are getting the beats. Who gives a damn if he's a human he's a bike thief he needs to learn not too do it again! 1st time or the 2nd he's gonna learn the 1st time with a black eye and a nice smily to his face on the CURB!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_winner1
    YOU Ass SHIAT U make me sick you Bike Thief lover. When I find U stealing that little girls pink bike your sure are getting the beats. Who gives a damn if he's a human he's a bike thief he needs to learn not too do it again! 1st time or the 2nd he's gonna learn the 1st time with a black eye and a nice smily to his face on the CURB!
    damn dog, you sound ultra hard. I'de hate to cross your path in teh streets playa.

Pro Crastinator
    well Max_wiener1, just because assault is illegal, i would gladly still whoop the dogsh!t out of someone dumb enought to try to steal my bike. i am just not ignorant enough to think it would be ok, but that is a risk i am still willing to take.......

ps - i would pee on your head if i ever met you.....

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    well Max_wiener1, just because assault is illegal, i would gladly still whoop the dogsh!t out of someone dumb enought to try to steal my bike. i am just not ignorant enough to think it would be ok, but that is a risk i am still willing to take.......

ps - i would pee on your head if i ever met you.....
    Hahaha. Awesome.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    No you get a car battery and some jumper cables connect them to the frame where you cant see them and and wait for the theif to touch it because obviously electricity would be running through the frame and he would get a heck of a shock. Maybe it would knock him out and you could put him in your trunk and drive like a hundred miles away and drop him off but make sure you take his wallet,money and shoes.

have fun
    Opportunity awaits those that are worthy....
    Photamagrapher---http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=244688

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by free-rider_down-hiller
    No you get a car battery and some jumper cables connect them to the frame where you cant see them and and wait for the theif to touch it because obviously electricity would be running through the frame and he would get a heck of a shock. Maybe it would knock him out and you could put him in your trunk and drive like a hundred miles away and drop him off but make sure you take his wallet,money and shoes.

have fun
    if we're gonna knock him out lets wrap his a$$ in duct tape and weight his feet and leave him in a boat
    M. D. LEMONS

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    thats what we call attempted homicide my idea is perfect if the theif doesnt ever see you your idea the authoritys would probaly search for finger prints or hair samples mine they would just think the theif was insane when he went mummbling on about how he was trying to steal a bike(confession) and all of a sudden lightning struck him or somthing and off to the loony bin.

just some suggestions

mtbr member

have fun

yes, bc 12V will really shock someone..... try toughing the terminals of a car battery sometime. it will not do anything to you. assuming that 12v were enough to do anything, you would still have to find out some way to ground both the battery and the thief....

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    leave the technical stuff for the experiment

fine as soon as he touches it jump out of were your hiding and dump a bucket of water on him

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    you know what's cool...acting tough on the internet. It is way way cool.
    Bart with $10,000 we'd be millionares. We could buy all sorts of valuable things...like love.

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    you betch ya if that comment was directed to me i just really hate theifs i had my quad stolen while we were on vacation last year and we never found the person who did it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I can masterbate and write poetry at the same time.
    Bart with $10,000 we'd be millionares. We could buy all sorts of valuable things...like love.

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    um...........................ok

tlg
    (enter witty phrase here)
    leave the technical stuff for the experiment

fine as soon as he touches it jump out of were your hiding and dump a bucket of water on him
    A bucket of water and 12v battery will merely make your thief wet. He won't be electrocuted.

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    this is an interesting thread

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_winner1

yeah fuc mike.....good one....I think I will steal his bike when I get home
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    this is an interesting thread
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Super Fly
    ill just beat the crap out of him. then run him over with the bike. Got may bike stolen when i was little. Too bad I was too small to do **** to the punk that took my bike. Oh well, Karma will do its job.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

anti- theft "devices"

It is not a guaranteed technique, but we will just barely loop the chain off of the front ring on our bmx bikes (single speed), and flip them over. We figure that a guy would be less likely to steal a bike that they have to flip over to pedal away rather than just hop on.... the chain will, in theory, slip off as they are pedalling away frantically and they will get a big stem to the N*ts... A lock is always the best choice-- but you may have to make compromises sometimes.... this won't work with gears as they will just jam up and there won't be any damage to the A$$HOLE thiefs n*tsac!
    raindog

mtbr member

have fun
    That's a great idea as long as it's a steel frame.
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo13
    That's a great idea as long as it's a steel frame.
    yes, true. aluminum will not conduct electricity.

genius....

Members who have read this thread: 0