another single pivot/fsr thread- Mtbr.com
    eci

another single pivot/fsr thread

can someone please map me the wheel path of a foes mono and a sinister r9

http://www.foesracing.com/products/i...m?product=mono
    http://www.sinisterbikes.com/r9.htm

im supposed to get foes mono but i ordered it aug 20th and i still havent gotten it so im thinkin about a sinister with an avy ti rear

thanks

i should be working
    well the sinister kinda looks like an FSR rear and the Mono is a single pivot.

i dont know the FSR wheel path but a single pivot is circular. but its all about how the shock is linked up with single pivots. i mean you can have tons of leverage ratios and changing leverage ratios. example, RM7 and bullit. both single pivots, very different leverage ratios.

i'd like to know why you feel the wheel path is important? just curious.

edit: i didnt read the thread title or forgot while typing, i guess you knew the sinister is an FSR rear. anyway guess i'm not much help on this one.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by rpl3000
    well the sinister kinda looks like an FSR rear and the Mono is a single pivot.

i dont know the FSR wheel path but a single pivot is circular. but its all about how the shock is linked up with single pivots. i mean you can have tons of leverage ratios and changing leverage ratios. example, RM7 and bullit. both single pivots, very different leverage ratios.

i'd like to know why you feel the wheel path is important? just curious.

edit: i didnt read the thread title or forgot while typing, i guess you knew the sinister is an FSR rear. anyway guess i'm not much help on this one.
    the mono is an awesome feeling bike. the curnutt shock rocks. from what i can figure inthe first 3 inches of travel the wheel moves rearward then swings back around and at the end of the travel the wheel comes real close to back of the bike. im hoping that the sinister r9 has more of a rearward angle throughout its travel. i know zedro and a couple other mtbr members have used some program to show the wheel path and i was hoping they would do the same for me

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    R9 ain't no FSR

/dev/null
    The R9 is a single pivot just like the Foes. The linkage simply actuates the shock.

If you don't know whether or not the R9 is a single pivot, why are you interested in the axle path? What information do you think you can derive from it?

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    The R9 is a single pivot just like the Foes. The linkage simply actuates the shock.

If you don't know whether or not the R9 is a single pivot, why are you interested in the axle path? What information do you think you can derive from it?
    im interested in what the curvature looks like at the end of the wheel path.

the r9 has 4 pivot points just like an fsr, how is it not an fsr? is the wheel path different than an fsr? and if it is different could you please map it thanks.

/dev/null
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    im interested in what the curvature looks like at the end of the wheel path.

the r9 has 4 pivot points just like an fsr, how is it not an fsr? is the wheel path different than an fsr? and if it is different could you please map it thanks.
    An FSR has a pivot on the chainstay. The R9 has its pivot on the seatstay - it is a solid member connecting the wheel to the frame. Therefore, it's wheelpath is that of a single pivot. Both frames will provide a constant arc. The Foes pivot is much higher and more forward. That has some different characteristics in regards to pedalling, but they will both provide a constant radius arc for a wheel path.

Pro Crastinator
    you will be sacrificing a great deal of stiffness if you go with the sinister.....
    and without a floater you will also be sacrificing a great deal of active suspension......

www.derbyrims.com
    the mono is an awesome feeling bike. the curnutt shock rocks. from what i can figure inthe first 3 inches of travel the wheel moves rearward then swings back around and at the end of the travel the wheel comes real close to back of the bike. im hoping that the sinister r9 has more of a rearward angle throughout its travel. i know zedro and a couple other mtbr members have used some program to show the wheel path and i was hoping they would do the same for me
    I have question for you. Which end of the path are you interested in, top end or bottom end? And what do you want the path to do for DH/Freeride?

(Curious path geek

- ray

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by derby
    I have question for you. Which end of the path are you interested in, top end or bottom end? And what do you want the path to do for DH/Freeride?

(Curious path geek

- ray
    top end. the mono is awesome on the bottom end but feels kinda squat on the top end. prolly because of the way the pivot point is placed in front of the bottom bracket. and i though the r9 was an fsr but now as i see and look closer its just a single pivot that actuates the shock with linkages

Cynical Bystander
    top end. the mono is awesome on the bottom end but feels kinda squat on the top end. prolly because of the way the pivot point is placed in front of the bottom bracket. and i though the r9 was an fsr but now as i see and look closer its just a single pivot that actuates the shock with linkages
    For trivial information the Azonic Eliminator is not an FSR either......
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.