Another Saint Brake Question (adaptors?)- Mtbr.com
    Canadian Invasion

Another Saint Brake Question (adaptors?)

Does anyone know if there are adaptors that convert the saint rotors to work on regular 6 bolt hubs? I'm pretty sure you can get 6 bolt saint rotors, but my shop has a set on sale...and I don't have saint hubs (hadleys, yo!)

notabouttoseeyourlight
    I don't think so... I'm pretty sure there are adapters that go the other way. Just get a set of regular shimano 6 bolt rotors, or hayes, or avid, or galfer, or anything other than that stupid centerlock crap!
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

Canadian Invasion
    Hmmmm, but don't u need saint rotors for the saint calipers?

Meh.
    There are no adapters to convert centerlock rotors to IS standard (oversized or normal). There are no adapters to convert Saint centerlock hubs to IS either.

You can use any rotor with the Saint calipers, but I would not use the Shimano rotors with Hayes or Avid calipers due to the width of the braking path.

mtbr member
    Why do you talk to me this way. When you know that I will kill you for this?

Canadian Invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    There are no adapters to convert centerlock rotors to IS standard (oversized or normal).
    Actually there are many different brands that make converters for regular shimano centerlock to 6 bolt standard. I just haven't found a Saint one. But thanks, I had no idea I could use my hayes rotors on saint calipers....I have tons of them.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi.Design
    Actually there are many different brands that make converters for regular shimano centerlock to 6 bolt standard. I just haven't found a Saint one. But thanks, I had no idea I could use my hayes rotors on saint calipers....I have tons of them.
    Those are to convert centerlock hubs to use IS 6 bolt rotors. They don't work the other way around.

Is flexy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryebread

nope, not it
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

Canadian Invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Those are to convert centerlock hubs to use IS 6 bolt rotors. They don't work the other way around.
    ahhh.

Glad to Be Alive
    look and ask around....when you buy Saint calipers they come with both the 6 point rotors and the Saint center locks

Just find someone not using the the 6 points and trade them for your center locks......I did that with someone
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    B- I am not so sure this is always the case... Seems like most places make you pick one type or the other. But I just bought two Saint calipers for $55 each and they came with both types of rotors and both types of pads! I win! Check it: http://www.ebikestop.com/Items/004-br8055? I dont' have a boxxer, but I don't need the adapters anyway. Can't beat the price.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    look and ask around....when you buy Saint calipers they come with both the 6 point rotors and the Saint center lock
    Last edited by JMH; 02-15-2007 at 08:01 PM.

Canadian Invasion
    Thanks for the link JMH. Is $158 a good price for the levers too?

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I think that lever price is about average. But a caliper price of 55-65 is below some distributor's wholesale price. I bought them even though I don't really need them just to get the extra rotors and brake pads!

By the way, you can run any shimano levers with these, so if you can pick up a pair of XTs on eBay or something, you will be dialed. You will still need to buy a hose kit, and you might need adaptors to fit your frame... so consider that extra expense.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by Phi.Design
    Thanks for the link JMH. Is $158 a good price for the levers too?

Members who have read this thread: 0