another recomend me a frame :)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

another recomend me a frame :)

Hey guys, I 'freeride' on a 08 GT Sanction 1.0, DH wheelset, coil, bigger brakes, few tweaks. I'm looking to get myselt a hardtail though... thatwill do everything the GT does and more. I've read about some frames and have kinda narrowed it to the Ragley Troof
    Troof Ragley Bikes : never crazy - just Ragley

looks very nice, specced up for 150 to 170mm of front travel which is very nice.
    My basic idea is to throw a 36 160mm fox van or talas on then, dh wheelset and bomb trails as hard as I can.

my question is, think the frame will hold up? you think there are some better options out there?

Thanks heaps for taking the time

Bean

Picture Unrelated
    You can't get any useful information if you don't provide any details. Some people's definition of freeride would be someone else's easy trail ride. The Ragley is pretty tough, are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into by deciding to "freeride" a hardtail? What exactly are you planning on doing?
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum View Post
    You can't get any useful information if you don't provide any details. Some people's definition of freeride would be someone else's easy trail ride. The Ragley is pretty tough, are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into by deciding to "freeride" a hardtail? What exactly are you planning on doing?
    Thanks for the prod, umm, so my definition would be portes du soleil, I live in Switzerland and mostly catch the lift up. I enjoy steep technical tracks, generally large rock gardens.
    As I've been using a 'lighter on' bike I've become accustomed to dodging large rocks. I would think I would do much the same with the HT. I'm not 100% sure what I'm getting myself into no, but I'm pretty sure I want to do it if worst comes to worst, I swap out a few bits and make it into a nice single trail bike.

hardtail downhill in whistler - YouTube

This is the kinda stuff that has got me inspired. PDS offers tracks that semi resemble that.
    Sorry my information providing is a bit crappy, if you need anymore abuse me

Bean

Picture Unrelated
    Quote Originally Posted by B34N View Post
    This is the kinda stuff that has got me inspired. PDS offers tracks that semi resemble that.
    Sorry my information providing is a bit crappy, if you need anymore abuse me

Bean
    Well then, it seems like you do, in fact, know what you're getting yourself into. And the Ragley is tough. I don't think that you will find many better option out there than that bike for what you're looking to do. There's a few threads about them floating around, you might want to give them a read and see what the people are saying about them.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum View Post
    Well then, it seems like you do, in fact, know what you're getting yourself into. And the Ragley is tough. I don't think that you will find many better option out there than that bike for what you're looking to do. There's a few threads about them floating around, you might want to give them a read and see what the people are saying about them.
    Thanks for the feedback If anyone else has some input, abuse, suggestions, open to anything.. I think the troof is my best option for a really hard hitting hardtail. just have to wait on stock till I can buy one

Bean