Am I Freaking Out or....- Mtbr.com
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004

Am I Freaking Out or....

do i have a legit need? on my dirtbag i run a sherman slider.... i think it has a 68.5-69 degree head angle. it handles fine but i have a suspicion (sp?) that it would handle better with a slacker headtube....it rips around switch backs like no ones biz and it feels fine thru technical areas and off drops....would a new fork be kool? or should i keep my slider?
    thanx
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    keep the slider, what about a drop crown? could lower the stanctions a bit that way and slacken the headangle

/dev/null
    If it ain't broke...

What's this for anyway???
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    do i have a legit need? on my dirtbag i run a sherman slider.... i think it has a 68.5-69 degree head angle. it handles fine but i have a suspicion (sp?) that it would handle better with a slacker headtube....it rips around switch backs like no ones biz and it feels fine thru technical areas and off drops....would a new fork be kool? or should i keep my slider?
    thanx
    So you're saying it feels fine off drops and through corners, and has no handling problems at all.... So what exactly is the reason you want to change the forks? I changed my forks because I wasn't happy with their performance or because they weren't what I needed at the time. If you've got the money to spend, spend it on something on your bike that is worn out and needs replacing like tyres or drivetrain or something.

<b>---Matt---</b>

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    I'd upgrade those wheels or brakes before replacing the slider, especially if you are digging the bike how it is...

two things a slacker head angle will do is slow down the steering and make it less friendly cornering

it will make the steeps more friendly..... Looks lke you got a dope set up, I'd work on the brakes and wheels......

Cynical Bystander
    If you're happy with it now keep it. Like others have said, i'd look at upgrading your wheels and brakes before a new fork if youre happy with its performance.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    I think your freaking out! but...... I'd be happy to trade my Marz. 03 mint condition Z1 fr qr20 for you slider and that would solve your head angle prob. :P

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004

that would make the head angle steeper....

Quote Originally Posted by Felpur
    I think your freaking out! but...... I'd be happy to trade my Marz. 03 mint condition Z1 fr qr20 for you slider and that would solve your head angle prob. :P
    but thanks for the offer. i did get a new front wheel when the hub seized on me in fruita (a wtb dual duty rim with laser disc DH hub) and i got a new single track rim recently...

100% Cheesy Goodness

just got mine

I think it feels totally great with the slider. I got the slider+ on the front and the dangerboy plates. I think it is just about dialed as is. I got on the bike and the first ride i was nailing a nice little road gap and busted abunch of 8foot drops to crappy tranny and the thing felt just fine. It was kinda loose muddy cond but i think with a slacker HT it would just feel weird. It might help on long fast dh sections but for general FR riding, i would leave it alone. Its a pretty dialed feeling bike.
    word

dave
    Blaaah blaaah blaaah