ALMOST! maybe?- Mtbr.com

Thread: ALMOST! maybe?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

ALMOST! maybe?

tried these stairs on campus, was originally just riding my beginner ass down, but tried bunnyhopping (still working on that) down 4 or so and hitting the rest, didn't work out so great. any tips on bunnyhopping with FS? I can't seem to get far enough back with the pull to actually get any air, suspension always sucks up and shoots me back forward! I can do the "suspension compress both tires leave air at the same time clipped-in hop," but no real flowy HT style bunny hop. at least the picture turned out alright.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory
    any tips on bunnyhopping with FS? I can't seem to get .... ....any air,
    Great here we go again.
    i want to post more but i can't stop riding!

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    here.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=772 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=leftaccent vAlign=top width=750 bgColor=#d6d6d6 height=350><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=right><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext vAlign=top>[ Trials Techniques - Bunnyhopping ]

Bunnyhopping is the simplest method to get up some vertical distance, either up onto something or over something. The limitation of bunnyhopping is that it requires a decent amount of speed, and therefore a larger amount of space to build up that speed.

Bunnyhopping, in its simplest terms, is just weight shifting. The techniques used to bunnyhop are the same, whether you go five inches or five feet. You just exaggerate more and more to go higher.

The best way to learn is to start small; try it on a curb or a 2x4 set on your driveway. Don't try to get up the neighborhood two foot high wall on your first attempt. Roll towards the object at a good pace (for a small object try a quick walking speed). Right before you get to the object, you will want to shift your weight back, unweighting the front wheel. When the front has risen high enough to clear the object, quickly shift your weight forward, while pushing forward with your arms. This will have the effect of leveling the bike out in the air, allowing the rear wheel to clear the object. Try to land relatively flat, with the rear wheel hitting first. It's much better to land with the rear first, landing front first will only lead to uncomfortable situations and unwanted endos.

If the object is too large to completely clear, your approach will be slightly different, but the techniques used will be the same. Instead of trying to get all the way over, you need to get high enough that you can land on your bashguard or bashring. Once you hit the object, try to regain your balance with a smll hop or two, and plant your pedal or bashguard to give yourself a break.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=12 background=images/page_rightedge.gif> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Soon, you can do this..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad to Be Alive
    at least he takes nice pictures......speed is your friend
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Kill that $hit!
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    at least he takes nice pictures......speed is your friend
    dude, your new avatar is just plain wrong man.........

VIA
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphineAddict
    dude, your new avatar is just plain wrong man.........
    No man... is plain funny..>>> http://www.evinrude.com/EvinrudePub...0_XBOJ-5320.mov

Is actualy SMT in the avatar...right SMT...?

Kill that $hit!
    Quote Originally Posted by VIA
    No man... is plain funny..>>> http://www.evinrude.com/EvinrudePub...0_XBOJ-5320.mov

Is actualy SMT in the avatar...right SMT...?
    Awe crap, I forgot to watch that yesterday. The firewall @ my work wouldn't let me check it so I was gunna check it at home. /\ That link's not workin btw.. /\
    II II

VIA
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphineAddict
    Awe crap, I forgot to watch that yesterday. The firewall @ my work wouldn't let me check it so I was gunna check it at home. /\ That link's not workin btw.. /\
    II II

http://www.evinrude.com/EvinrudePubl..._XBOJ-5320.mov

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    that'll work....sweet website, thanks for the link!

Members who have read this thread: 0