? about the new ROACH knee/shin pads(did a search)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

? about the new ROACH knee/shin pads(did a search)

I did a search but no answer. How far down the shin does the pad come? I wear AXO Descends(high top). Would the pads interfere with the tops of my shoes? The reason I ask is that they look to be fairly long.

Thanks for any help

dirTrat
    THERE IS NO TURNING BACK, NOW THAT YOU'VE WOKEN UP THE DEMON, IN ME!

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    I have the new roach fr, they are pretty long, but not quite to the shoes. I am really short though.

mtbr member

love my new pads

and from what I was told in the store, the only difference in sizes is the length to the ankle.
    I wear skater shoes and find the padding pretty well nudges the top of the tongue under the laces. I'm 5'11" and got the large.

Got a few buds who've bought them as well, it's weird to get used to the fact that they never need adjusting (used to have Dianese)

You Are What You Is
    I wear the XL and they pretty much go to my shoe tops just about.

north bush biker

yes

im 5' 9" and i wear the medium ones they come to the top of my sk8 shoes. i like them they don't move and are super comfy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm 5'10" and I have the XL. The soft pad come just under the tongue of my shoes. I don't even know it's there. There's is a difference in length between L and XL but there is also a difference in the strap lengths.(I had the two out side by side) I needed the extra strap length.

They are the best pads I've ever owned. I crash alot, and they absolutely never move whether it be crashing or pedaling. The knee cup wraps around the knee, protecting from side impact as well. My first crash left a gouge in the plastic on the side of the knee cup. My Dainese wouldn't have protected me even if they miraculously did stay in place when crashing.(which never happened in the time that I owned them.)
    Last edited by davet; 05-04-2004 at 05:10 PM.

There's no app for this.

short legs - 31" inseam, LG Roach FR pads

and they sit on top of my hiking boots. Which I like. No movement, best pads I've had, ditched Dainese and Hoots, both moved around exposing flesh and bone.

Jim

Hella Olde
    Yep, they don't really interfere w/ Vans hightops, although the ONE complaint I have with them is that area....why couldn't they have 'finished' the lower plastic by sewing around the bottom instead of leaving it 'hacked-off' looking. While I'm at it, I also kind of dislike
    the extra material 'flap' beneath said area. I may alter it and re-hem it. Or not...they are the best I've used too....love em. I see Race Face re-badges(probably makes 'em) them now too, since they own Roach. I like the bug!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirTrat
    I did a search but no answer. How far down the shin does the pad come? I wear AXO Descends(high top). Would the pads interfere with the tops of my shoes? The reason I ask is that they look to be fairly long.

Thanks for any help

dirTrat
    I have the pads and your shoes. Unfortunately, I had to stop wearing my Descends because you'll have to pry my Roaches from my cold dead hands before I get rid of them!

They pads go down to my ankles, but then so did my 661's. I would always feel the pad or top of the shoe jamming into my shin

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I was afraid of that....

damn , I love my Descends. But, sounds like the ROACH pads are too good to pass up.

Thanks everyone for the help and info!!

dirTrat
    THERE IS NO TURNING BACK, NOW THAT YOU'VE WOKEN UP THE DEMON, IN ME!