888 RC2X VS Boxxer Team- Mtbr.com

Poll: Better Fork All around

I heart the drops

888 RC2X VS Boxxer Team

I want this to be a decision to be about what is the best fork all around for freeride and downhill

Reliability
    Function
    Ease of use
    Quality of workmanship

Cannondale17
    Apr 2006
    well idk if maybe i just got a lemon or whatever but two rides at deer valley on ncs and what not pretty much blew my boxxer to pieces and i hated the feel honestly. Now i have the 07 888 rc2x va and honestly couldn't be happier super great reliablity and feels better in every way imo

I heart the drops
    this is eaxactly what I want to know what is good and bad about each of them

Meh.
    Wow... You're so mature.

It was never even an argument about which fork is better. It was just that you constantly spewed out crap as proof for one thing or another.

I'll bet that you've never even ridden a Boxxer that was properly set up for YOU, You're just spewing out crap and following the masses.

Again this goes back to statistics. It's obvious that the poller is biased. It's also quite obvious that you aren't reaching the entire population of folks that are riding Boxxers or 888s. More specifically, it should be about the population that has ridden or owned BOTH forks. And of course voter apathy comes into play. If you want, I can keep going.

Let's also throw in the gigantic price gap between the two to top it all off and hit the big points.

StraightOuttaCompton
    888 rc2x all the way
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

I heart the drops
    I have ridden both and its about you spewing facts so i wanted to lay this one to rest by putting 2 comparable models against each other so you can rest assure how good your boxxers really are in the freeride downhill community
    listen to the riders

Meh.
    I've worked as a mechanic. I've seen problems with both. And as I said earlier in the other thread, most problems originate from improper use or care. Read again what I said about a Boxxer that was properly set up for you. By the way... riding it around the parking lot isn't a test or accurate gauge of the fork's performance...

Comparable models? Is that why there's a gigantic price gap between the two?

Let's also go back to statistics...

You're the one that keeps coming up with some half-assed logic. I guess that's what you get when you deal with somebody that has no idea what they're talking about.

Best way to settle it is with cold hard numbers. Throw two forks on a series of machines that each test different aspects. Take the human factor out of it.

I heart the drops
    This is not my first rodeo I test on the dirt so if you think I am your curb hopping 12yr old your wrong
    I test these on the trails as do most of the riders who post on this web site and I would hope you realize that your not the only mechanic who is on here

Comparable by features High/Low speed compression, rebound I did not say anything about price

yes I do believe your right by most failures are caused by human error but which fork can withstand the most abuse

Meh.
    Congratulations, you're an idiot and you're the first person to ever make my ignore list.

I'm aware there are other mechanics on these forums. But the majority of these people don't even know how to fix a flat or adjust a derailleur. I had the opportunity to be a shop manager at both a bike shop and a garage. I'm very familiar with bikes and tools... And most of these people just follow all the other sheep. For instance, many of the Manitou bashers have never even ridden a Manitou. It's just because of what they've read on the forums.

Okay... Compare a Corolla to a Evo. They're both 4 bangers, have wheels and tires and all that. They're comparable, right?

Bum Buzzer
    Totem

Glad to Be Alive
    Reliability...Marz
    Function depends
    Ease of use depends
    Quality of workmanship Both are good

My vote Marz
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    XSL Will brings up a good point, there's so many of these polls and they're completely useless. They are only a gauge of what's "popular" on MTBR, and by no means related to the real world performance of either fork.

The new '08 Marzocchi 888s sure do look nice by the way.

I CAN ALWAYS GO BIGGER
    Both forks are great. Rock Shox warranty and customer service is second to none. Besides that, it is preference and word of mouth,

Equal opportunity meanie
    Spent two separate seasons on a Boxxer WC and 888's. Will never EVER go back to a Boxxer. Delicate, flexy, inconsistent piece of....

If you get to a lot of races and can get RS to give you 4 new forks in a year and can deal with setting them up all the time and like having your fork deflect when **** really gets hairy and a really high bar height from the integrated stems and sticky travel, then a Boxxer may be for you.

mtbr member
    I ride boxxer race. best all round fork I've ever owned! Had marzocchis but wanted to shed some weight as I don't have lifts.

Either way, if you look after them you'll be happy.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    Spent two separate seasons on a Boxxer WC and 888's. Will never EVER go back to a Boxxer. Delicate, flexy, inconsistent piece of....

If you get to a lot of races and can get RS to give you 4 new forks in a year and can deal with setting them up all the time and like having your fork deflect when **** really gets hairy and a really high bar height from the integrated stems and sticky travel, then a Boxxer may be for you.
    Hey, Im not sure that I understand how you really feel.

ginger ninja
    2cents worth!

Had both forks!

Ride on 888 VA. (Variable Air? VARIABLE AIR? You mean i dont have to pump! yay)

Nuff said

Gert Steamin DH Badger

Members who have read this thread: 0