888 measurements- Mtbr.com
    not really a noob

888 measurements

does anyone have the legnth (in inches) from the bottom of the headtube to the center of the rear axle on a new 888. i am thinking of gettin one for me Gemini and i dont want to snap the headtube off and die.
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

not really a noob
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcore newbie
    does anyone have the legnth (in inches) from the bottom of the headtube to the center of the rear axle on a new 888. i am thinking of gettin one for me Gemini and i dont want to snap the headtube off and die.

please say its 21 inches...

and i want to get a dhx 5.0 tooo

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    its 21 3/4 from the center of the front axle to the bottom of the steerer tube in its lowest position its not mounted so i cant give head tube meas

mtbr member
    the 200mm 06 888 is about 575mm in AC length - I might be out by 5mm, but should be pretty close to bang on.

575mm is 22.64"

21 inches is the approx. AC length of 150mm travel forks.

Cheers!
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    dude just get a super t. I love my super t.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by bamxbam
    its 21 3/4 from the center of the front axle to the bottom of the steerer tube in its lowest position its not mounted so i cant give head tube meas
    you can measure???? who calls who a drunkard
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com
    the 200mm 06 888 is about 575mm in AC length - I might be out by 5mm, but should be pretty close to bang on.

575mm is 22.64"

21 inches is the approx. AC length of 150mm travel forks.

Cheers!
    Noel are the '06 888's shorter than '05's? I was told by Marz that the 05's were 592.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

N* Bomber Crew
    It possibly might be too long....I would reccomend buying a Junior T from Go-Ride and having the Go-Ride squad toss in a HSCV cartridge to make it a Super T. Thats the only Dual Crown fork I would buy.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Noel are the '06 888's shorter than '05's? I was told by Marz that the 05's were 592.
    Hey Don!

Yes, WAY shorter. I've been told by as much as 30mm (!) for the same length of travel. the 575-580mm AC measurement is one that I made of an '06 888 a few months ago.

There are no 170mm 888's being imported this year as far as I know, because the 200 mm forks have the same AC length as last year's 170mm 888s.

Same with the 66's as well, hence why I've heard that there are no 150mm 66's available. As always, that's just what I've heard - I'm sure the boys from Marzocchi can set all this straight!

Noel
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com
    Hey Don!

Yes, WAY shorter. I've been told by as much as 30mm (!) for the same length of travel. the 575-580mm AC measurement is one that I made of an '06 888 a few months ago.

There are no 170mm 888's being imported this year as far as I know, because the 200 mm forks have the same AC length as last year's 170mm 888s.

Same with the 66's as well, hence why I've heard that there are no 150mm 66's available. As always, that's just what I've heard - I'm sure the boys from Marzocchi can set all this straight!

Noel
    Thanks Noel. I knew the 66s were shorter, didn't know the had 88's followed suit.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

not really a noob
    its for a 170 888

not really a noob
    i also like the Dorado's but their high matinance and expensive, Shives are too much for me i think (im 150 and not doing 30 footers yet), so that leaves it a a Fox 40, Marz 888, or Manitou travis 180. And what do you think the best rear shock for a gemini is?

Members who have read this thread: 0