8 inch rotors and QR axles = pickles and ice cream, or peanut butter and jelly?- Mtbr.com
    DOWNHILL MAFIA

8 inch rotors and QR axles = pickles and ice cream, or peanut butter and jelly?

Ive heard from many many people not to use 8 inch brake rotors with 9mm QR axles.
    YET....... I believe I have seen just as many bikes come stock from the manufacturer equipped with the same combination. (Kona, Marin, Norco etc.)
    What gives???

Fox Forx says not to use anything bigger than a 185mm rotor with QRs.

How many people are currently stopping their QR's with 8 inchers? (front or rear)
    i want to post more but i can't stop riding!

banned
    STOOPID if you ask me. but I actually go fast. poseurs probably could get away with 8" rotors on a wheel held on by zip ties, though.

serious answer: I think it's kinda reckless. I am running 185mm on a QR fork and I can feel it when I reef on the brake on steeps. I would not want to try 200mm. and I weigh only 160-165.

gnar, brah
    I do. But the brake in question is the Hayes MX-2 mechanical, which, they tell me, does not have enough power to cause a problem. If it was any decent hydro, I would have either gone to a 20mm or stayed at 6". No problems so far, but then again this an urban/jumping bike that doesn't have to undergo a whole lot of braking for extended periods of time, like a downhill bike.
    Trestle Bike Park

high school loser
    scab rider rides a hydro on qr with an 8inch and i dont think hes had probs, ask him.
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

aka Jesse Palmer
    I ride with 8" rotor and QR and I know two other people who do with no problems.

Former Noob Herder
    the problem is if the riding you're doing really uses that much braking power to its fullest, you are probably over-extending little 9mm axle/dropouts anyways. So no using 8" rotors isnt inherantly bad (i did it for awhile even), but you are using a qr fork with a little axle and qr which has its limitations anyways. And chances are if you really need that 8" rotor, you may be exceeding those limitations. Remember that disk brakes want to seperate your wheel from the fork
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Zedro, do you think the bike companies that sell bikes with this combination of brake/axle might have been thinking that the people who would buy and ride these bikes are incapable of exceeding the limitations that would cause a problem??

soviet pride
    ya i roll the 8" on my POS manitou black, its held up although the shock is blown out and i need one. But i dont beleive its because of the 8" rotor. I was warned by the bike shop mechanics not to use the 8" rotor in the front of my HT because the fork wouldnt handle it but i went for it anyways and dont regret it. Gives me the qualiy stopping power i need.
    im all about midget drops

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    I just don't understand how bike companies are selling this brake/axle combo when I have heard from many people that it is not a good idea.

gnar, brah
    Quote Originally Posted by JSUN
    I just don't understand how bike companies are selling this brake/axle combo when I have heard from many people that it is not a good idea.
    It sells. That's as good a reason as any.
    Trestle Bike Park

soviet pride
    i actually havnt seen any bikes being sold stock with 8" rotors. But what i could suggest is that those 8" in rotors may or may not be coming on like techtro brakes which truthfully dont have the piston power to stop that well. But i can only suggest this because i dont know what bakes these stock bikes are comin with

I know that most stock bikes in the shops iv seen go cheap on you and give u like the worst disc brakes available

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikepinktights
    ya i roll the 8" on my POS manitou black, its held up although the shock is blown out and i need one. But i dont beleive its because of the 8" rotor. I was warned by the bike shop mechanics not to use the 8" rotor in the front of my HT because the fork wouldnt handle it but i went for it anyways and dont regret it. Gives me the qualiy stopping power i need.
    WOW that goes to show how intelligent you are. Whats it like to ride a blown fork? I bet the bike shop guys get a kick out of you.

You should have never said anything about my hair, Ilikepinktights. You will always get a hard time from me...

Especially if you keep posting on MY threads.

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikepinkbikes
    i actually havnt seen any bikes being sold stock with 8" rotors. But what i could suggest is that those 8" in rotors may or may not be coming on like techtro brakes which truthfully dont have the piston power to stop that well. But i can only suggest this because i dont know what bakes these stock bikes are comin with

I know that most stock bikes in the shops iv seen go cheap on you and give u like the worst disc brakes available
    DONT QUESTION ME.....

Now, GTFOOH, figure it out.

Meh.
    Only forks that I've had a problem running a 8 inch rotor with a QR axle are the Fox Vanilla 125 Rs. Supposedly you can run a 8 inch combo with the fork this year. *shrug* The disc mounts cracked on it when I tried running an 8 inch. I don't have the adaptor to run 8 inch rotors with my Manitou Sherman Firefly yet, but I do plan to. And it's a QR fork as well.

"i actually havnt seen any bikes being sold stock with 8" rotors. But what i could suggest is that those 8" in rotors may or may not be coming on like techtro brakes which truthfully dont have the piston power to stop that well. But i can only suggest this because i dont know what bakes these stock bikes are comin with

I know that most stock bikes in the shops iv seen go cheap on you and give u like the worst disc brakes available"

Alright... Lets look at an affordable hardtail that is specced with 8 inch rotors up front... Haro Escape 8.2, is specced with 8 inch rotor and Hayes HMX discs. Given that they aren't the most powerful brakes, it's still a bike that's specced with 8 inch rotors AND 9 mm QR.

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    I will be back to show you several bikes sold with this sh;t already damnit.
    Why question me? Im not friggin stupid. But since you need proof to have a discussion then wait. Sheesh.

Glad to Be Alive
    I switched my axle to a DJ axle...I was bending the QR anyway(didn't feel safe)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Two so far...
    Need more??
    Sure why not.
    Be right back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I switched my axle to a DJ axle...I was bending the QR anyway(didn't feel safe)
    Your front axle?

Slowest Rider

QR with 8" Saint Discs on my Heckler

I've had no problems running 8" Saint disc brakes front and rear on my Heckler with a Marzocchi All Mountain 1 fork using standard QR. Marzocchi engineers explicitly rates their AM1 for 8" rotors in their manuals, even though they conservatively only rate it for small drops. They only rate leg diameters 32 mm and larger (like the AM1) for the 8" rotor due to leg twisting issues.

This issue came up in the Shock(?) forum around October, when I was building up my new ride. I had my LBS check this out thoroughly. They even called up Marzocchi to make sure there wasn't a typo in their manual. I did the same via email. No mistake. Marz rates their QR for 8" rotors. Note the beefy dropout has massive structural support (see below).I can't even turn the skewer handle because of the beefy support forming a recess. Same beefy support with the Heckler rear drop out.

From more reading and talking with others on MTBR and elsewhere, the issue with the standard QR is leg twist, prevented by the stiffer large leg of the AM1, along with improper skewers such as Ti (that could stretch) or lower quality and improper skewer tightening. The feeling from others was that a good quailty Shimano XT or Salsa skewer tightened properly would not be a problem.

Note I use 8" Saint rotors more for moderate XC (under 2' drops) than technical DH. My need for 8" is more thermal related than for big forces and stresses. I use big rotors because of fade in long steep 2000' descents at my 330 lbs (me+gear+bike). My 6" Hayes rotors were turning colors and then fading COMPLETELY on long descents. I could slide my bike like no brakes at all with the levers pulled to the bar. They'd recover to "normal" after a few minutes of cooling and pumping. My 8" Saints work super with no fade whatsoever.

Marzocchi's engineers formally approve 8" rotors on their QR. My LBS and other shops say it's OK. Others on MTBR have not had trouble with proper QR skewers used correctly. My wife says it's OK (as long as I keep the life insurance high ). So I'm using them. No problems so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

aka Jesse Palmer

Man, you sound so stupid it isn't even funny. Just stop talking ok?

The 04 coiler came with 8" Hayes HFX-9 brakes on a QR drop-off. The 04 enduros came with Shimano M-965 XTR hydraulic 8" discs on a Fox Float RLC TALAS.

DOWNHILL MAFIA

Listen!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLarry
    I'm guessing it is specific as to what fork and hub you are using with hydraulic 8 inch brakes.
    You for instance, have all '05 parts. Hub, Brakes, Fork. .
    A pre 2005 QR Fox Fork Does Not recommend using 8 inch rotors, because like the guy earlier said, it would rip the brake bosses right off the fork.
    Whereas say a 2003 Formula disc hub with standard qr axles also Does Not recommend using 8inch rotors because it would propbably break the skewer or damage the hub.

What I'm trying to get at is......
    If there were any question about mechanical failure in the first place , why would ANY bike companies sell bikes with 8 inch rotor hydraulic disc brakes and 9mm quick release axles, front or rear??????

T.Dot Represent
    i had an 03 DJ 3 and when ridin on a DH trail i had to brake very suddenly and my front wheel shifted from the force... i really dont recomend running 8 inchers becuase that is too much power for the axle to handle.

i wouldnt recommend ridin qr period unless it was on an XC bike...
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

pwn3rator
    i have hydros/8 inch rotor with qr, it sucks, if teh qr is not uber tight teh whole thing flexes over to one side...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Don't skid
    Quote Originally Posted by jp3d

The 04 coiler came with 8" Hayes HFX-9 brakes on a QR drop-off.
    Uh, no it didn't. It came with a 6" rotor, or at least mine did. I have a 8" rotor on right now with the stock brakes and forks and haven't noticed any problems but then again the front end is so flexy on rough stuff I'm not sure if I would notice anything.

mtbr member
    If you gotta use QR AND 8in, you better go with a solid non-QR axle.

I've seen QR bolts snap before, it's NOT a pretty sight, esp. if it snaps right before a jump. A buddy of mine face planted HARD when his wheel fell out of the fork in mid air.

Having a wheel fall out of the fork is bad on disc brakes, but not quite as bad on V-brakes, due to the Vbrake preventing the wheel from coming out of the dropouts.

For heavy/hard riding, 20mm up front is required IMO, also adds confidence. On the other hand, QR rear hubs are just fine for any bike, never seen one of those snap. Even if the rear wheel fell out, it wouldn't be a super spectacular crash like losing a front wheel. I had the whole rear end of one of my old bikes completely sheer off the bike at full speed. All it did was cause my crank to tear into the ground and I came to a stop still standing up on the bike. Sucked ass carrying my bike for 4 miles though!!!

T.Dot Represent
    it realy is worth payin extra and getting a 20mm axle set up and wiht the introduction of the maxle system its not exactly rocket science to get the wheel off if need be
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

aka Jesse Palmer
    Quote Originally Posted by KONA_in_SB
    Uh, no it didn't. It came with a 6" rotor, or at least mine did. I have a 8" rotor on right now with the stock brakes and forks and haven't noticed any problems but then again the front end is so flexy on rough stuff I'm not sure if I would notice anything.
    Oh ya, you're are right. I think my friend had his switched to a 8" before he bought it thats why I thought that.

soviet pride
    WOW that goes to show how intelligent you are. Whats it like to ride a blown fork? I bet the bike shop guys get a kick out of you.

You should have never said anything about my hair, Ilikepinktights. You will always get a hard time from me...

Especially if you keep posting on MY threads.
    ur a cock, the frok wasnt blown due to the 8". The fork was an '02 BLACK that came stock so i rode the **** out of it. And it sucks riding a blown fork but i dont have the money right now to afford a new one, ill be getting one in a few weeks hopefully. Not all of our mommy's buy our sh!t.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroHuck
    I've seen QR bolts snap before, it's NOT a pretty sight, esp. if it snaps right before a jump.
    I did on my Stinky. Not fun, not fun at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    I did on my Stinky. Not fun, not fun at all...
    No kidding! Was it the DOT fork?

I like Marzocchi, but some of thier OEM stuff is just down right JUNK and dangerous!!! The MZ comp fork is a perfect example! I've seen "freeride" bikes stocked with it.

I give Manitou props for at least making better OEM stuff. A lot of cheap low end FR bikes at least come with the 20mm shermans, which I would take over a crappy Zoke any day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroHuck
    No kidding! Was it the DOT fork?

I like Marzocchi, but some of thier OEM stuff is just down right JUNK and dangerous!!! The MZ comp fork is a perfect example! I've seen "freeride" bikes stocked with it.

I give Manitou props for at least making better OEM stuff. A lot of cheap low end FR bikes at least come with the 20mm shermans, which I would take over a crappy Zoke any day.
    Yah, and i snapped/tweaked my lowers...

But now im on to bigger and better things, can you say 40?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

wannabee
    Rock On Jsun!!! :d

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    ur a cock, the frok wasnt blown due to the 8". The fork was an '02 BLACK that came stock so i rode the **** out of it. And it sucks riding a blown fork but i dont have the money right now to afford a new one, ill be getting one in a few weeks hopefully. Not all of our mommy's buy our sh!t.
    Read again dork.
    I never said that your brake broke your stupid fork. I dont care anyway, its the fact that you're stupid enough to ride a blown fork.
    My mom passed away 7 years ago buddy, she hasn't bought me sh;t for a while.... I work and pay for my own sheit.
    BIATCH

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    Yah, and i snapped/tweaked my lowers...

But now im on to bigger and better things, can you say 40?
    hehe,...

Can I afford to say, 40? no.

650 yay area
    Read again dork.
    I never said that your brake broke your stupid fork. I dont care anyway, its the fact that you're stupid enough to ride a blown fork.
    My mom passed away 7 years ago buddy, she hasn't bought me sh;t for a while.... I work and pay for my own sheit.
    BIATCH
    straight up owned, i like pink bikes should bow down to his new master

keep rocking the long hair bro

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kadvang
    straight up owned, i like pink bikes should bow down to his new master

keep rocking the long hair bro
    [email protected]

soviet pride
    Read again dork.
    BIATCH
    im stupid enough to ride a blown fork? what the fuq am i gonna do instead, i cant just whip out a new fork and install it right of the bat, i have to ride what i have for now untill i can save up enough money. I would get a job but i dont have a car and without a car i cant get to the job, so I'm in what is known as a catch-22.

650 yay area
    strait up word

Doesnt ride Banshees
    Zedro, do you think the bike companies that sell bikes with this combination of brake/axle might have been thinking that the people who would buy and ride these bikes are incapable of exceeding the limitations that would cause a problem??
    They put 8in rotors on those bikes because they look cool and the kids will ask mom to buy them.

If your riding agressive enough that you NEED and 8in rotor then you should already have a 20mm thru axel fork anyways. Just my two cents on this whole thread, which i must say is probably the ghayest thing i've read in quite a while. Later kids.

A Midwesterner in Europe
    Sep 2004
    Ive heard from many many people not to use 8 inch brake rotors with 9mm QR axles.
    YET....... I believe I have seen just as many bikes come stock from the manufacturer equipped with the same combination. (Kona, Marin, Norco etc.)
    What gives???

Fox Forx says not to use anything bigger than a 185mm rotor with QRs.

How many people are currently stopping their QR's with 8 inchers? (front or rear)

What if I were to say that I've had a wheel pull out from the dropout of my fork with a 6" rotor?

Even worse yet, what if I told everyone that it was with a mechanical disc brake?

If you do a bit of research you'll find out the truth. From your original post you're already half way there. It might involve some long distance phone calls depending on where you live though.

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    im stupid enough to ride a blown fork? what the fuq am i gonna do instead, i cant just whip out a new fork and install it right of the bat, i have to ride what i have for now untill i can save up enough money. I would get a job but i dont have a car and without a car i cant get to the job, so I'm in what is known as a catch-22.
    Sell your bike and buy some rollerblades or something...

People should DESERVE to ride, and you shouldn't be one of them.
    Sorry, but that's my honest opinion.

Nice excuses for not having a job... I dont have a car either..
    And if my fork were blown I would simply NOT RIDE MY BIKE!!

Go sell lemonade or something. There are no excuses for not making money. You are proving to us all that you are a wothless, resource-devouring-leech-of-a-human-being, taking up precious space, air and water, and completely wasting my time.

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    It almost looks like there is an equal amount of people who have and havent had problems so far.

So if 8 in rotors are known to break little qr's, WHY THE HELL are bikes coming stock like that!!

Are the bike co's just like fugit or whut?

soviet pride
    Sell your bike and buy some rollerblades or something...

People should DESERVE to ride, and you shouldn't be one of them.
    Sorry, but that's my honest opinion.

Nice excuses for not having a job... I dont have a car either..
    And if my fork were blown I would simply NOT RIDE MY BIKE!!

Go sell lemonade or something. There are no excuses for not making money. You are proving to us all that you are a wothless, resource-devouring-leech-of-a-human-being, taking up precious space, air and water, and completely wasting my time.
    well maybe ur the one who should invest in a nice pair of rollerblades if u dont want to ride a bike if the fork is out. I mean ya i will get a new fork in a bit but i dont want to just have my bike sit there in my garage. Granted my frok is down to about 2" of travel, ill still ride it even though its shitty. Im not just gonna let my bike collect dust in my garage like u might. U really need to reconsider which one of us should be getting those rollerblades

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee Rider
    They put 8in rotors on those bikes because they look cool and the kids will ask mom to buy them.

If your riding agressive enough that you NEED and 8in rotor then you should already have a 20mm thru axel fork anyways. Just my two cents on this whole thread, which i must say is probably the ghayest thing i've read in quite a while. Later kids.
    No Sheit...
    Thats what I'm trying to say smart guy.

..about your signature:

You know you love how we do it in KILLA CALI.
    Whe dont even know where maine is, let alone care how you fools do thangs...
    What is maine anyway, is that a state?
    Maine.

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    well maybe ur the one who should invest in a nice pair of rollerblades if u dont want to ride a bike if the fork is out. I mean ya i will get a new fork in a bit but i dont want to just have my bike sit there in my garage. Granted my frok is down to about 2" of travel, ill still ride it even though its shitty. Im not just gonna let my bike collect dust in my garage like u might. U really need to reconsider which one of us should be getting those rollerblades
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA you make me laugh..
    If my fork was blown..
    My bike would sit for a day or too, then..
    I would buy a new fork, because I have a job, and therefore, I deserve to ride...

Now what size rollerblades do you want me to buy you?

...SInce I own you.....

soviet pride
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA you make me laugh..
    If my fork was blown..
    My bike would sit for a day or too, then..
    I would buy a new fork, because I have a job, and therefore, I deserve to ride...

Now what size rollerblades do you want me to buy you?

...SInce I own you.....
    ur an awefully smart man...so basically those of us who cant afford to get a new fork right away just shouldnt ride bikes?

just reread what u write before u send it, maybe then ull realize what ur writing. On a second note, dont bother cause this argument is going nowhere fast so im just gonna call it a day and we can part ways.

Doesnt ride Banshees
    No Sheit...
    Thats what I'm trying to say smart guy.

..about your signature:

You know you love how we do it in KILLA CALI.
    Whe dont even know where maine is, let alone care how you fools do thangs...
    What is maine anyway, is that a state?
    Maine.
    Well you obviously didnt stress your point hard enough, it must have been me getting distracted by your sissy eFight with ilikepinkbike

Pretty cool of you to actually make a comment on my signature. I take it your the tough guy member of the wannabe zachdank norcal crew right? Alot of people with an education know where maine is. Alot of people who know where some of the best riding on the east coast know where maine is too. Maine is the highest state in new england. Yes new england is in the US, its not to be mistake with england, which is an island in europe. Its all tech riding (yup, there are roots and rocks) that from judging by your pictures, would straight up hand you your ass in more than 10 ways. I've said it before and i'll say it again, i dont like you, your a f*cking toolbox. This sites gone to the sh*tter over the past year. Its no wonder i dont post here much.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    I'd do (i've done) 8" front rotors with a BMX axle (and axle nuts) in a front hub. Shimano hubs can be converted in this manner.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Yo Jsun, you probably know this, but if you are using it as a urban/dj bike, I wouldn't recommend using 8" rotors in the first place... For dj'ing you just don't need em, and for urban they get in the way if you are planning or grinding on the left-side of your bike. Good luck man.

Rollin' a fatty Moderator
    8" on a Minute 3, plenty of power to stop a Giant VT with a 200lbs rider using standard QR hubs.

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Quote Originally Posted by skitrev33
    Yo Jsun, you probably know this, but if you are using it as a urban/dj bike, I wouldn't recommend using 8" rotors in the first place... For dj'ing you just don't need em, and for urban they get in the way if you are planning or grinding on the left-side of your bike. Good luck man.
    I dont know why everyone thinks that I would want to put this combo on MY bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never said that!!!

I just want to know why bike companies dont care about the safety of people who just might push those brakes and axles to the limit. If they did, they wouldnt sell them like that.

For the record:
    I dont want to put 8 inch rotors on my bike!!!

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee Rider
    Well you obviously didnt stress your point hard enough, it must have been me getting distracted by your sissy eFight with ilikepinkbike

Pretty cool of you to actually make a comment on my signature. I take it your the tough guy member of the wannabe zachdank norcal crew right? Alot of people with an education know where maine is. Alot of people who know where some of the best riding on the east coast know where maine is too. Maine is the highest state in new england. Yes new england is in the US, its not to be mistake with england, which is an island in europe. Its all tech riding (yup, there are roots and rocks) that from judging by your pictures, would straight up hand you your ass in more than 10 ways. I've said it before and i'll say it again, i dont like you, your a f*cking toolbox. This sites gone to the sh*tter over the past year. Its no wonder i dont post here much.
    Whatever
    FUCCK MAINE
    this is SOCAL...
    we talk **** in person, not online.....
    If you lived in SOCAL, I'd personally slap you for thinking you're the sh:t...
    Now, dont come back.... you're not welcome here.

mtbr member
    Whatever
    FUCCK MAINE
    this is SOCAL...
    Wow. we can type that big? cool!

Gotta love E-fights!

soviet pride
    Whatever
    FUCCK MAINE
    this is SOCAL...
    hey thats kinda cool....

i live in socal and i persoannly dont talk ****, i dont know whats goin down where u live but i think uv got socal all wrong.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    What I'm trying to get at is......
    If there were any question about mechanical failure in the first place , why would ANY bike companies sell bikes with 8 inch rotor hydraulic disc brakes and 9mm quick release axles, front or rear??????
    The fact that there is a "question" about something is really irrelevant. If engineers and or designers were concerned about "questions" then space travel, many of our new materials, and techniques for extracting natural resources would never exist. From a liability standpoint, if a mfg. says "no 8" rotors on my fork", then the idiot who put an 8-incher on and took a dirt nap is at fault. (unless the action was foreseeable use, blah blah blah...)

Engineers and designers use data, calculations, and professional judgment when evaluating decisions.

That being said, these brake / rotor combinations must have been checked by someone. Does that mean some crummy state-schooled fraternity brother moron engineer made a mistake? Maybe. More likely, the application was evaluated, and a decision made based on facts.

Take Big Larry's advice - call the manufacturer before installing an 8-incher on a standard QR fork that was not OEM equipment. It can't hurt.

banned
    simple answer:

the world is full of PinkBike poseurs. it's more important to have a bike that looks sickter gnarcore than it is to be able to ride that bike to its limits.

the times I notice my 7" (185mm) rotors stressing a 9mm QR axle junction are when I am riding stuff that most folks walk. steep and full of stoppers. the number of people who buy MTBs that actually ride such stuff is maybe 3%. you think that's true danger? I say the danger is in the rider's choice of terrain to ride, or tricks/stunts to try. it's not the bike, at least not in the types of bikes that would come spec'd with 8" hydro disc and 9mm QR axle.

NOBODY is promoting danger. the choice remains up to the consumer. what, are you trolling for litigious plaintiff's personal injury lawyer arsewhypes, JSUN?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kadvang
    strait up word
    you 12-year-olds riding bikes that mommy and daddy bought you are so cool, I wanna be like you.

jeezus, grow the phoque up already. what a fargin' wigger.

Members who have read this thread: 0