7Point sizing.....- Mtbr.com
    a'buh?

7Point sizing.....

I found a good deal on an Iron Horse 7Point3, but it's a 19" frame. This seems a little big, as I am only about 5'8" (though I'll probably grow 2 or 3 more inches). I ride an 18" coiler, and I looked up the sizing online, and the Iron Horse is really not that much bigger (about 0.5" most places)

Can anyone help me out? Anyone who owns a 7Point, do they feel pretty small? They seem like they would have a lot of standover.... anyway, thanks
    "Don't just huck yourself: be skilled, be trained, be ready, be prepared, then give 'er." -Dylan Tremblay

Just another FOCer
    I'm just under 5'11" and have 31" inseam. I ride a large 7Point7. The 7Point frame has generous stand over clearance.

Close call.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwalrus
    I found a good deal on an Iron Horse 7Point3, but it's a 19" frame. This seems a little big, as I am only about 5'8" (though I'll probably grow 2 or 3 more inches). I ride an 18" coiler, and I looked up the sizing online, and the Iron Horse is really not that much bigger (about 0.5" most places)

Can anyone help me out? Anyone who owns a 7Point, do they feel pretty small? They seem like they would have a lot of standover.... anyway, thanks
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I'm about 5"11 and ride a Medium (30-31in inseam)

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    The 7points have fantastic standover, so that won't be a problem. I think you should just ride the bike arround a bit, see how you like the feel of the cockpit (my 7point7 flys ) and the length of the top tube, which i think will have the most impact on this feel. Also, try out the bike with the seat all the way down. If it feels like it will be fine to bomb down hills (which you inevitably will), and you like the feel of the cockpit, your good to go.

mtbr member
    I ride a medium 7.7. I stand about 5"10". On the 7.7 I would recommend getting your size. Even if you do get your 2 extra inches over nite. The 7.7 has a very low standover, but the cock pit is what really counts on this bike. I just came off a med stinky and the cock pit is much larger on the 7.7. I would even venture to say that a 6' guy would feel comfortable on a med. For you the best size would be the med.
    Bikeless Rider