7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.- Mtbr.com
    No Fear

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.

From the day I sat on my gravity rig .I havnt tried multi day suburban back country rides .
    This was an opportunity to go through the experience once more. And feel all the expressions which I used to extract from them.
    Facing new people ‘ new thoughts ‘ new ideas ‘ new life types ‘ social bonds ‘ different levels of thinking and life expectations.

And after around 3 years of gravity ridding and only gravity ridding . going around with downhillers and freeriders after coming back from the trip I realized the true difference in social individual characteristics between XC ers and the gravity gang. And remembered that I formerly used to belong . that was why gapping and talking with them took me back in the era. !
    Found I like downhill in a special specific POV . Out of the impoliteness and rudeness most of the gravity junk have.

Never mind lets have a pictorial story through our trip .
    All our fellows had packed up in a nearby city Karadj ( 40Km’s from Tehran ) . only me and another one were supposed to get onboard in Tehran.
    I was the last one to put my bike on the roof at 8:00 AM. Drove for a couple of hours to reach the tributary road and offload the XC rigs .
    We had 6 shinnies who were hammering the road up .Full of scattered small bush like trees and some pines among too. ( Pic 1 ).

Then after having lunch on the river side a local police pick up came along and asked who we where and where we had came from and questioned us about our organization
    And notified us about our clothing !! The officer told us wearing shorts and colorful dresses is somewhat illegal and socially unaccepted by the religious local community !!!
    Then after all they pointed to our girls ( two girls were with us) and asked us whoe they were and what relations we have with them !! Do any of us were their husbands or brothers ? !! at last recorded our vehicles cards also our supervisors identification documents and mentioned to came back to the town in the main road tomorrow to take back our documents. ( Pic 2 )
    But after five minutes of ridding they came back and told you have to come with us to the base police command station to be interrogated !!!!
    We were at the station till 10:00 PM till they asked all kinds of questions from all of us then took signatures and fingerprints from us under a paper stated that we had broken social laws and promising not to do it again .And we shall leave the town immediately !!!

The whole mess was set up be two f***face politic religious guys who had saw us ridding with cycling jerseys and girls ! they were the town police commander and the local army commander.
    Well maybe it was the first time they had saw riders !! and after all its Iran !!!!

Out of the station we had dinner and thought what to do .As my dad had came over there that night for some sight seeing having good time the girls got on our car so they weren’t with us any more .Then we drove up they road we planned to ride and slept in a friends house .

The morning after the XC ers rode and we downhillers drove up the rest of the way which was a gravel road ascending and turning over the ridges .as we went up the trees disappeared and the air got cool. ( 3 )

Till we reached the peak point at 2500 meters of elevation with an ocean of cloads under us coming from the Caspian sea backing behind the barrier of Alborz Mts . Clouds rose upon the slopes and vanished in the cool mountain air (4)

From here me and 3 other dowhhillers put our bikes down and got ready for a full boar downhill ride through the clouds (5)

The only one who hammered and descended all the way with one bike .Who rode an all mountain Merida changed clothes and gear for the downhill section. (6)

Then in the forests (7)

And through it (8)

By this point as you see elevation in the background we had boiling fluids in the brakes !! Also there were parts which the fire road wasn’t as smooth and pleasant like this but super pleasant for our full suspensions. (9)

I just kept roaring down the trail passing others then as by brakes cooled I took time for shooting (10)

As we came down we faced several side ways that we should wait for our XC supervisor to see which way to go…In this pic me and one XC rider went a wrong way and had to pedal 15 minutes back .And it was killing for me with a Travis Triple 203 on the front and 36 t chain ring .The hot moist air gathered a lot of flies and mosquitoes flying round my mouth and nose while sweating like hell. (11)

Dusty ‘exhausted ‘ smelly end .Elevation 200 M (12)

Found New friends while rigs were loaded (13)

And others were cooling their brains out of heat (14)

And this was at 2:00AM on the way back when the driver felt he couldn’t drive any more……….(15)

But the trip had one bad thing for me....i hadnt time to shoot pix out of my self !.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-1.jpg  

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-2.jpg  

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-3.jpg  

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-4.jpg  

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-5.jpg  

Last edited by Iranian-Mechanic; 05-30-2010 at 09:11 AM.

Capricious youth...
    Dang, man. I just can't imagine what it's like to be in a place where social "laws" are more serious than laws that protect people and their safety. But I'm glad that you guys didn't get into any trouble.

Looks like you had an awesome ride!
    Meh.

No Fear
    Pix
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-6.jpg  

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-7.jpg  

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-8.jpg  

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-9.jpg  

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-10.jpg  

No Fear
    And more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-11.jpg  

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-12.jpg  

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-13.jpg  

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-14.jpg  

7500 Vertical feet in IRAN.-15.jpg  

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    Dang, man. I just can't imagine what it's like to be in a place where social "laws" are more serious than laws that protect people and their safety. But I'm glad that you guys didn't get into any trouble.

Looks like you had an awesome ride!
    Ever been to extreme N Arizona or S Utah? There are social laws there that are more serious than the laws that protect people or prevent abuse. I'm just glad people are out and riding in most parts of the world and that we can truely have something in common.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    salaam saber,

awesome pics, sounds like a really cool trip. where do you guys get parts/frames etc for your bikes? i figure that you might be able to get some stuff in dubai, but still sounds like if something breaks or need a repacement part, might take some time.
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Yeah I think I'll stick to riding in countries that don't have laws and views from the stone age.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by noparking
    Yeah I think I'll stick to riding in countries that don't have laws and views from the stone age.
    Lemme know when you find that.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    yeah, its unfortunate that back in 53, iran had its first liberal, progressive and democratically elected prime minister (mossadegh) knocked over in a cia led coup, mainly because the guy wouldnt sign concessions to US and english oil companies. its funny how **** like that works

Quote Originally Posted by noparking
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

Glad to Be Alive
    man that
    sucks about you being a criminal wearing fancy shorts and flashy cothes.....

sorry to here they tried to spoil your ride
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

No Fear
    We buy parts from LBS ! but for high end gravity parts some people do the job as a spare time job . Like my self.

And please dont make a politic thread out of this one . I like you to focus on the ride and terrain.

Members who have read this thread: 0