7005 Easton Tubing: FS RAD SL vs FS RAD DH- Mtbr.com

Jan 2005

7005 Easton Tubing: FS RAD SL vs FS RAD DH

Any genius's know the difference between Easton 7005 FS RAD SL Taperwall and 7005 FS RAD DH Taperwall? Rocky Mountain shaved 0.4lbs off of the regular Switch to create the Switch SL by using the FS RAD SL tubing in 2005 and I got one of these frames as a warrentee replacement for my 2003. I'm trying to figure out if I should be concerned about it's strength. Anyone know the diff?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dandurston
    Any genius's know the difference between Easton 7005 FS RAD SL Taperwall and 7005 FS RAD DH Taperwall? Rocky Mountain shaved 0.4lbs off of the regular Switch to create the Switch SL by using the FS RAD SL tubing in 2005 and I got one of these frames as a warrentee replacement for my 2003. I'm trying to figure out if I should be concerned about it's strength. Anyone know the diff?

Looks like the 2003 RAD DH tube set was the orignal Easton Rad tube set , Now this tube set is called the FS RAD sl , new marketing term for basically the same tube , outer shape, and wall thickness might be slightly differnt between versions of said tube
    but in the end it's just a newer lighter version .

Here's the link to Easton 7005 Rad FS tube line .
    http://www.eastonbike.com/PRODUCTS/T...b_7005_FS.html
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Jan 2005
    I just visited RMs site and for the 2006 RMX and Switch they are listing the tubing as the DH version and the Slayer has FS RAD Custom tubing which is odd because when you visit Eastons site they don't make any mention of any DH or SL versions.

I imagine you're right that it's basically the same stuff with slight variatons in wall thickness. I might try to give Easton call.

Jan 2005
    I just sent an email to Easton as I was unable to find a phone number. Hopefully they come through.

Members who have read this thread: 0