66RC travel upgrade kit?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

66RC travel upgrade kit?

hey does any one know how mych the travel upgrade kit cost for a Marz 66RC? i am in the market for one in 170mm, but every place i have looked is sold out of them but has them in 150mm. and the RC2X cost to much so i figure i will just get one in 150mm and then get the travel upgrade. so do any one know how much they cost?

thanks, Sombrio

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrio69
    hey does any one know how mych the travel upgrade kit cost for a Marz 66RC? i am in the market for one in 170mm, but every place i have looked is sold out of them but has them in 150mm. and the RC2X cost to much so i figure i will just get one in 150mm and then get the travel upgrade. so do any one know how much they cost?

thanks, Sombrio
    To "upgrade" the travel you'll have to buy two new cartridges. This will probably run $350-400. You're basically replacing all of the innards.

You can't upgrade an 05 66 to use the 06 cartridges. The 06 66 has shorter lowers and a shorter crown, for a shorter axle to crown. This means that the carts inside of it are built to different dimentions.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

banned
    So you're basically screwed.

Save and get the RC2X

In FTF We Trust
    I'd drop an e-mail to Marzocchi. I'm pretty sure they can change the travel setting from 150mm to 170 mm for way less than $300-$400. If you want the adjustability of the RC or thr RC2X then buy that; if you want the difference in travel, contact Marz.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    if you're talking about "upgrading" a '05 RC from 150mm to 170mm, no kit is required... there are spacers in the fork and all you have to do is switch them... top to bottom or bottom to top... opposite to what the 150mm is at presently (can't remember which is what for each travel setting).

now if you're talking about an '06, it's new cartridges.

banned
    This is for a 2005 66RC

I never realized that retard didn't specify what year. Learn something new everyday Patrick.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    ok, so for the 2005 66RC all i have to do is switch a spacer? this doesnt make sense to me because the Marz web site said that u have to get a kit for this.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrio69
    ok, so for the 2005 66RC all i have to do is switch a spacer? this doesnt make sense to me because the Marz web site said that u have to get a kit for this.
    no you dont,, let me find the link....

edit

http://www.windwave.co.uk/documents/...adjustment.pdf
    Last edited by fiddy_ryder; 03-13-2006 at 03:07 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    it says right here, 05 forks travel change kits http://marzocchi.com/spa/mtb/product...K&Sito=usa-mtb

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Listen!

fiddy is right.. no kit required.. al you need to do is switch the spacers... you can do it yourself, or if you don't know how to, any tech that knows forks, should be able to do it for cheap..
    i just did the opposite with my 05 6RC, changed travel from 170 to 150 because it was way too tall...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    ok, thanks. guess ill go w/ the 150mm RC for 490 insted of the 170mm RC for 600. but then what is that kit that Marzocchi is selling?

banned
    Uhh... there isn't a kit for the 66RC as far as I'm aware... except maybe an 06 one.

The 2005... all you do is move a spacer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    can I apply this same theory to an '05 66r?? but just on the rebound side? what about the air leg?
    has anyone attempted this?

Members who have read this thread: 0