661 Evo Carbon vs THE One Comp vs Troy Lee D2- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

661 Evo Carbon vs THE One Comp vs Troy Lee D2

Im thinking of buying one of these three helmets. I know the most logical answer would be to get the one that fits but no stores in my area carry these helmets and whichever one I choose would have to be ordered in for me. And no, I cant order all three of them! From a price and a performance standpoint which helmet is the winner? I really like the D2 but kinda get the idea that its a bit more of a status thing and isnt worth the extra dough. I want something light and breathable (dont we all?) but just want to make sure i getting the most from my monayy, ya dig?

mtbr member
    The fit of these 3 helmets is quite different. I wish that the TLD lids fit my head. Mostly due to the status thing. The best fit that I got was with the THE and it is a great helmet. All three are great helmets as long as the one you get fits properly.

mtbr member
    I own the D2 and love it still after 3 seasons, but for next year it will be replaced by either a Kali Oslo or the POC cortex DH($300-350 out of Ebay).

Tried the Kali Oslo at Highland and it is super well made, comfy, light and hot looking. On the other hand, I read a review on the POC Cortex DH out in a Decline mag and it is supposed to be THE helmet to own.
    Do you feel lucky? do you, punk?- Dirty Harry

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    everyone rates tld for a reason, because they are one of the best. what do most of the pro's wear, and why. ok some wear tld due to sponsership, but alot of them choose to wear tld as they are so good.
    i was looking for my first full facer last year and asked the same question as you. and was told tld was the way to go.
    i was all set to buy the d2 crow carbon, then i saw the new d3 was due to be released, and wanted one.
    i needed the helmet for september as i was heading out to whistler, but the d3 didnt go onsale to late october, so i ended up getting a 661 evolution carbon from my lbs at a very good price.
    i am very impressed with it. it's very light, fits nice and snug and vents quite well. i am going to stick with this helmet for a while as i am liking it.
    also my brother has a the helmet and a few of my mates who guide for bearbackbiking in whistler all wear the and they all love them to.
    as most people say it all comes down to fit. you would be well advised to try them all on to find exactly which size you require. and which make fits you best.

外国人
    Jun 2007
    +1 for the THE One helmet on the fit. i had a d2 before and was a bit annoyed that the edges of the top part of my head as a bit "chaffed" because of the fit.
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

Members who have read this thread: 0