66 Rc- Mtbr.com

Thread: 66 Rc

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

66 Rc

After watching NWD 5 It seems as if many riders are opting to ride the single crown 66 over double crowns. Correct if I am wrong that is just what I saw. Not every person had them but many did. Are they really that good? Also which would be better and 04 Super T or an 05 66 RC?

go big or go home
    Quote Originally Posted by MX 887
    After watching NWD 5 It seems as if many riders are opting to ride the single crown 66 over double crowns. Correct if I am wrong that is just what I saw. Not every person had them but many did. Are they really that good? Also which would be better and 04 Super T or an 05 66 RC?
    ya i dont get why the 66s are so popular all of the sudden, i think i missed something...

Yo Paseo El Scream
    well it's a good fork, and to mx 887, what riding will you be doing, also what bike?
    Banshee Bikes
    Honorary Member Of The 200 Club
    Sponsers
    SixSixOne
    Soul Cycles
    Kenda Tires

Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    ..."if i can jump it on my feet whilst running as fast as i can, then it aint worth jumping on a bike"...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Well I have an 04 Big Hit Comp. Would a 170 mm work on it. I do mainly fast downhill and some freeriding.

Yo Paseo El Scream
    i would go w/ super t, just because i have it, and i like dc better, but i think that the 66 would be actually really kool on a big hit, you should try it.
    P.S. 170 mm would definitly work, it's a big hit
    Banshee Bikes
    Sponsers
    SixSixOne
    Soul Cycles
    Kenda Tires

..."if i can jump it on my feet whilst running as fast as i can, then it aint worth jumping on a bike"...

mtbr member
    I'm getting a bullit with the 66rc 170mm, should be a real winner, only thing it seems to be missing for a single crown is adjustable travel. I might prefer a Fox 36, but weight isn't that big a deal. Not to mention the 36 is a hard to get item.

mtbr member
    People are opting for SC because they open more options. Such as barspins, X-ups etc. In having a SC they have a much bigger bag of tricks. As for you, it is personal preferance on which you would rather have, i have personally never ridden a 66 so i am not sure if it is as stiff as a DC but if it is i dont know why you wouldent got for it, same dampening ( 66= hscv and Super T= ssv+ hscv ) just more options like i said in the SC, your choice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Well I do not do tricks like that so that is not a factor. I want a fork that will handle fast runs and some big drops.

Yo Paseo El Scream
    Then i would definitly go with super t.
    Banshee Bikes
    Sponsers
    SixSixOne
    Soul Cycles
    Kenda Tires

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    90% of all riders who have dc donīt need them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MX 887

I've had a pair of 66 rc's for about a month now. They are simply oresome! They scream strength and make some DC's look like girlie men (to quote Arnie). Coupled with my Fox DHX 5.0 on the rear and I'm smiling like a crazy man all the way down.

Air-Time
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If you want a single-crown fork with 7" of travel that sits about 0.25" lower (axle-to-crown) than the 8" 888, then the 66 will be perfect for you.

I think the 6" version makes sense, or if you specifically want to do huge x-ups on a DH bike I suppose the 7" is a good call. I'd go Super T.

www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

James - why Super T over 7 inch 66?

I'm in the market for a 7 inch fork to put on my hardtail Banshee. From what I've seen people apparently feel the 35mm stanchions on the 66 more than compensate for the single crown/steerer, as opposed to the 32mm stanchions & double crown on the SuperT. I'm about 230lbs, and am looking to replace my '02 Z1 so I can start going bigger, particularly urban, and for those 5-8 trips to plattekill in the summer. Will the SuperT be stiffer (the old Z1 is kind of noodly on landings, which I think is a bad thing)? Thanks - Kelly

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontgothere
    I'm in the market for a 7 inch fork to put on my hardtail Banshee. From what I've seen people apparently feel the 35mm stanchions on the 66 more than compensate for the single crown/steerer, as opposed to the 32mm stanchions & double crown on the SuperT. I'm about 230lbs, and am looking to replace my '02 Z1 so I can start going bigger, particularly urban, and for those 5-8 trips to plattekill in the summer. Will the SuperT be stiffer (the old Z1 is kind of noodly on landings, which I think is a bad thing)? Thanks - Kelly
    Ride height, my man. The 7" 66 is very tall, as I mentioned above it's almost as tall as the 8" 888 with stock crowns. The Super T is much more reasonable, so for your Morphine you're looking at about 66 - 67' with the Super T ('04) vs 64 - 65' with the 170mm 66.

www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334