4 you Bay Area folks- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

4 you Bay Area folks

How do I get to the Crack, 911, Boy Scouts from the E. Bay?

Thanks,
    Mike

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by dyogim
    How do I get to the Crack, 911, Boy Scouts from the E. Bay?

Thanks,
    Mike
    an automobile would be the easiest way..

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    an automobile would be the easiest way..
    LOL!!! I was thinking Bart, then take public transportation to Pacifica.

mtbr member

Smile Kinda long trip but...

LOL!!! I was thinking Bart, then take public transportation to Pacifica.
    Best you can do is take BART to Colma. You need to get to the Sam trans # 294 to Pacifica/Montara. From the beach, it's a street ride to Montara.

Plan on it being an all day adventure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ...

- 80 West over the Bay Bridge
    - Merge onto 280 South
    - Merge onto Highway 1 South
    - When you get to Linda Mar (beach on your right, along with Taco Bell), make a left onto Linda Mar Blvd at the light (there will be a Denny's on the corner).
    - Make a right onto Adobe
    - To get to the old road entrance, you would make a left on Higgins, then go to the end of the street. HOWEVER, please park on Adobe somewhere, or make a right on Higgins and park there in order to keep the peace with the residents.

Have fun

Mar 2004
    Thanks for all the info! I will most likely head out there this sunday with a couple of friends to check it out.

Mike

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Have fun!

Thanks for all the info! I will most likely head out there this sunday with a couple of friends to check it out.

Mike

Sick place to ride. Has everything. Go up the paved road all the way to the powerlines. Then get on the dirt and hike a bike up Crack. Rip down that and stay on the single track along the ridge. Hike up the rocky grade staying to your left. Stop at the last peak and go to singletrack to your right. This is The Mile. Nice rocky, gully filled fast descent. Finish at the paved road by a power line. Then go up a small trail to your left to the top of BoyScout. Fun multiple, jump, bermed, filled ride down to Higgins Street. You can repeat BoyScout several times an hour as the ride up the paved is a quick 10 mins.

Might be there Sunday morning. Silver 03 BigHit Expert w/Specialized full face.

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Vert
    Sick place to ride. Has everything. Go up the paved road all the way to the powerlines. Then get on the dirt and hike a bike up Crack. Rip down that and stay on the single track along the ridge. Hike up the rocky grade staying to your left. Stop at the last peak and go to singletrack to your right. This is The Mile. Nice rocky, gully filled fast descent. Finish at the paved road by a power line. Then go up a small trail to your left to the top of BoyScout. Fun multiple, jump, bermed, filled ride down to Higgins Street. You can repeat BoyScout several times an hour as the ride up the paved is a quick 10 mins.

Might be there Sunday morning. Silver 03 BigHit Expert w/Specialized full face.
    If my friends and I end up going, maybe we'll see you there. Here's my rig: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photo...cat/500/page/2

My 2 other friends will be on a 03 Heckler and the other on a Uzzi SLX.

Thanks!
    Mike

mtbr member

Nice rigs!

If my friends and I end up going, maybe we'll see you there. Here's my rig: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photo...cat/500/page/2

My 2 other friends will be on a 03 Heckler and the other on a Uzzi SLX.

Thanks!
    Mike
    If I do make it, I'll be with my buddies 99' M-1, regular Bighit, Cheeta, Bullit & Tomac.

Feb 2004
    Make sure to stop by the bike shop down there (http://www.gearheadbicycles.com/contact.htm for directions ). Boyscout is on private property, so you have to sign a waiver at the shop to ride it. Don't ride Boyscout without signing the waiver!

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyzar
    Make sure to stop by the bike shop down there (http://www.gearheadbicycles.com/contact.htm for directions ). Boyscout is on private property, so you have to sign a waiver at the shop to ride it. Don't ride Boyscout without signing the waiver!
    Thanks for the info!!!

Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyzar
    Yep, that's the main thing, get the waiver and if you do drive in, have respect for the local residence on Higgins, Adobe etc. From what I understand it's a pretty fragile situation.