24" rear wheel- Mtbr.com

Thread: 24" rear wheel

Trying a little

24" rear wheel

Thinking of getting rhyno lights XL 24" rims any opions for a 24" wheel they should be strong enough, any horror stories? I want to go lighter I have singletracks right now.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I have never tried a rhyno lite xl but I have had rhyno lites and they were pretty weak. Maybe look into getting an wtb laserdisc dh wheels but I have no clue about the weight but they are way strong. Why get rid of the singletracks, they dont weigh that much.

...abuse these forks.
    Ive got a 24" singletrack rear and it is decent but not great by any means. My 24" Halo however is a beast and is worth the few extra ounces. I had a rhyno lite on the front of another bike, so not really much of a comparison, but i wouldnt use it in a DH/FR setting.

mtbr member
    Its a bit heaver then a single track but you might want to look into 24" MTX rims.

24" Single Track: 540g
    24" MTX: 605g
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

Glad to Be Alive
    just ride what you have for a few more years and then upgrade your WHOLE bike later brett
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    just ride what you have for a few more years and then upgrade your WHOLE bike later brett
    Yeah Brett I kinda agree with Bob on that one but I am really not the one to be talking as I constantly upgrade my bike. Have you ever thought of putting a 26 inch rear wheel on the back, you can buy the 26 inch rear end from specialized so you can run a 26, that way you have alot more choices on wheels.

Members who have read this thread: 0