2019 DH World Cup- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 55 of 55
  1. #1
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782

    2019 DH World Cup

    All ready for the DH world cup season to begin this weekend.

    Season overall prediction
    1. Gwin
    2. Norton
    3. Mulally

    I am a bit biased in that prediction, should be a great year of racing none the less

  2. #2
    NRP
    NRP is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    663
    1st round in the books. Bruni won it. Gwin was 6th I believe.

  3. #3
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    Great ride from Bruni! Unfortunately redbull.tv had the title for the winning race runs before I was able to watch the replay. Thanks for the spoiler redbull.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kevin267's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Great ride from Bruni! Unfortunately redbull.tv had the title for the winning race runs before I was able to watch the replay. Thanks for the spoiler redbull.
    https://feedback.redbull.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

    Send feedback! Let's get lots of people to complain, redbull should know better and have those videos titled men's/women's winning run with a generic thumbnail

  5. #5
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post

    Send feedback!
    Done! Thanks for the link, I'm sure I wasn't the only one

  6. #6
    Shartacular Spectacular
    Reputation: Shartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    333
    Rough weekend for Syndicate, can’t imagine they’ve had many this bad ever: Luca out before quali’s, Minnaar missing the cut for the first time in his career, and Loris crashing out in his race run.
    18’ SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27's, i9's, Float X2

    18' SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9's, Avy Woodie

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    15
    Man, redbull ruined it for me too. I saw the results before watching it. Also was it me or did everyone and everything seem off, from the announcing, to the camera work, to the editing, to the camera angles on course......???

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,184
    If I missed watching on race day I usualy know some of the results before seeing the replay. That is not a big deal. I still very much enjoy watching the 2hrs of very interesting runs/commentary. Maybe you guys have sharper minds, but I forget/dont care who placed 200ths ahead untill I see it. It is much fun to watch all those riders trying to kickass.
    Is it safe to say this one week later? I am a Gwin fan and looking at him talk in those interviews, I think he was surprised his wasn't a podium run despite all of his 'good sport' talk. I know I was surprised, but then I've been chasing a guy on an Intense for years, so I expected his madskills to prevail.
    oops I wasn't clipped in

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kevin267's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by jim c View Post
    If I missed watching on race day I usualy know some of the results before seeing the replay. That is not a big deal. I still very much enjoy watching the 2hrs of very interesting runs/commentary. Maybe you guys have sharper minds, but I forget/dont care who placed 200ths ahead untill I see it. It is much fun to watch all those riders trying to kickass.
    Is it safe to say this one week later? I am a Gwin fan and looking at him talk in those interviews, I think he was surprised his wasn't a podium run despite all of his 'good sport' talk. I know I was surprised, but then I've been chasing a guy on an Intense for years, so I expected his madskills to prevail.
    Nah I find it much more compelling if I don't know the results, if I do find them out I end up just skimming through to see the results, and maybe what happened if a top racer didn't do well. I try to stay off bike websites, social media and avoid talking about it with friends until I have a chance to watch it myself.

    Redbull did email me back, not a super straight answer but sounds like they'll do something about it.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rynomx785's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by jim c View Post
    If I missed watching on race day I usualy know some of the results before seeing the replay. That is not a big deal. I still very much enjoy watching the 2hrs of very interesting runs/commentary. Maybe you guys have sharper minds, but I forget/dont care who placed 200ths ahead untill I see it. It is much fun to watch all those riders trying to kickass.
    Is it safe to say this one week later? I am a Gwin fan and looking at him talk in those interviews, I think he was surprised his wasn't a podium run despite all of his 'good sport' talk. I know I was surprised, but then I've been chasing a guy on an Intense for years, so I expected his madskills to prevail.
    I was really hoping to see Gwin be back on top. Hope he can put it all together with the new team/bike and make a run for the championship.

  11. #11
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by rynomx785 View Post
    I was really hoping to see Gwin be back on top. Hope he can put it all together with the new team/bike and make a run for the championship.
    Big changes for the big man, also a lot of young guns with speed working their way up the ranks. Good to see all the American blood in the mix

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rynomx785's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Big changes for the big man, also a lot of young guns with speed working their way up the ranks. Good to see all the American blood in the mix
    Hopefully it doesn't end up comparable to McGrath's switch to Suzuki in 97. haha

    Definitely nice to have a American in the running.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: plummet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    769
    Nah, Gwin is on the downslope. This year the young guns will shine through as they already have.

  14. #14
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by plummet View Post
    Nah, Gwin is on the downslope. This year the young guns will shine through as they already have.
    Very true, .and then Minnar doesn't even qualify for the race. Its a young mans game.

  15. #15
    NRP
    NRP is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    663
    Gwin injured his ankle testing (cranks broke on a huge jump!?!) so he may not make the next one. Kinda sucks.

  16. #16
    May The Force Be With You
    Reputation: shwinn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by NRP View Post
    Gwin injured his ankle testing (cranks broke on a huge jump!?!) so he may not make the next one. Kinda sucks.
    ouch
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '01 Straight 8
    '16 Balance
    '11 Jedi (for sale, small)

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rynomx785's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by NRP View Post
    Gwin injured his ankle testing (cranks broke on a huge jump!?!) so he may not make the next one. Kinda sucks.
    I just saw him at the bike park in Big Bear on Saturday. He was geared up with his bike and looked to be getting ready to head up the hill.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jeremy3220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,935
    Gwin's race bike stolen in Edinburgh

    https://m.pinkbike.com/news/aaron-gw...edinburgh.html

  19. #19
    NRP
    NRP is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by rynomx785 View Post
    I just saw him at the bike park in Big Bear on Saturday. He was geared up with his bike and looked to be getting ready to head up the hill.
    Good to hear. I saw a pic of his ankle and it was purple and swollen.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rynomx785's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by NRP View Post
    Good to hear. I saw a pic of his ankle and it was purple and swollen.
    He pushed his bike right by me and he was walking fine. I never saw him on the hill but he sure looked like he was getting ready to ride.

  21. #21
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    Looks like Tahnee Seagrave and Brendan Fairclough are out with injuries now too.

  22. #22
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    Gee Atherton course preview. Going to be a good one




  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Looks like Tahnee Seagrave and Brendan Fairclough are out with injuries now too.
    That's a real bummer. I was really looking forward to seeing her and Rachel Atherton battle it out this year. Pinkbike is saying she broke her collar bone. Hope she's able to heal fast!

  24. #24
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    Rachel has another challenge on her hands with Tracy Hannah.

    Stoked to see Mitch Ropelato on the start list.

  25. #25
    Autonomous
    Reputation: glenj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    190
    Hellava weekend at Ft. William.
    The Bruni & Gwin crashes.
    The best moment was Amaury Peirron‘s nose-heavy landing. Yikes!

    Rob Warner is kinda getting on my nerves though.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rynomx785's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by glenj View Post
    Hellava weekend at Ft. William.
    The Bruni & Gwin crashes.
    The best moment was Amaury Peirron‘s nose-heavy landing. Yikes!

    Rob Warner is kinda getting on my nerves though.
    Rob definitely thinks he is more funny than he really is.

  27. #27
    NRP
    NRP is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    663
    I don't like how Rob interrupts the person he is talking to/interviewing. It's unprofessional and annoying.

    And did anyone hear wtf happened to Gwin? Full on endo right out of the gate. Looked like something I would do.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rynomx785's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by NRP View Post
    I don't like how Rob interrupts the person he is talking to/interviewing. It's unprofessional and annoying.

    And did anyone hear wtf happened to Gwin? Full on endo right out of the gate. Looked like something I would do.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Gwin's IG post this morning was hilarious. "Went full Ricky Bobby". Yep, I'm flyin through the air.... this is not good. haha

  29. #29
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    That was an exciting race. Amaury Pierron is riding on another level right now.

  30. #30
    May The Force Be With You
    Reputation: shwinn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,377
    Tracey needs to let go just alittle bit more of whatever it is that's holding her back from Letting It Buck™
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '01 Straight 8
    '16 Balance
    '11 Jedi (for sale, small)

  31. #31
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    Leogang this weekend. Can Gwin(basically the king of leogang) pull it off or will he be held back from his injuries? Can Pierron defend his win from last year and carry some momentum from Ft Bill? Or will we see the points leader Troy Brosnan find his way to the top of the podium? The weather looks like its going to cooperate and make for some great racing.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Renzo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    254
    I know very little about the statistics for DH, but I'd like to see Greg Minnaar take a win.

    Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    Trail Gnome
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Leogang this weekend. Can Gwin(basically the king of leogang) pull it off or will he be held back from his injuries? Can Pierron defend his win from last year and carry some momentum from Ft Bill? Or will we see the points leader Troy Brosnan find his way to the top of the podium? The weather looks like its going to cooperate and make for some great racing.
    Gwin is done...well, done dominating the DH scene. Too many whippersnappers chomp’n at the bit. Should be a great season; I’m putting my money on Brosnan

  34. #34
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    Brosnan is a good bet, he’s the fastest guy that never wins. Pierron will be the man to beat though, as long as he can stay healthy

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    394
    Has any rider won the overall without winning a single world cup race in a season?

  36. #36
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Has any rider won the overall without winning a single world cup race in a season?
    Steve Peat in 2002

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by NRP View Post
    And did anyone hear wtf happened to Gwin? Full on endo right out of the gate. Looked like something I would do.
    Cathro has a little video analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_72HiAxpGk

  38. #38
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    I saw that clip last night. Pretty good analysis of a freak accident. At first it looked like a really bad accident, but watching the replays it seems like Gwin got off easy with that one.

  39. #39
    NRP
    NRP is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by BeDrinkable View Post
    Cathro has a little video analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_72HiAxpGk
    Thanks for that. Makes more sense now.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  40. #40
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    Leogang in 2019


  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    394
    This season is as wide open as it gets.

    Less than a hundred points separate the top 4 overall leaders and there's half the season to go.

    Sent using Tapatalk

  42. #42
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    That was a proper downhill race

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    That was a proper downhill race
    It really was... I find it really interesting watching "dialed" at the same time.

    Also, paying for fox sports gold and getting all the motocross... It was a busy lazy day for me

  44. #44
    NRP
    NRP is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    663
    Gwin needs to stop crashing so much. Geezus.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rynomx785's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by NRP View Post
    Gwin needs to stop crashing so much. Geezus.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I think the pace it takes to win has made him ride out of his comfort zone a bit.

  46. #46
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,782
    Cool track in France, almost reminds me of downhill skiing.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    I saw that clip last night. Pretty good analysis of a freak accident. At first it looked like a really bad accident, but watching the replays it seems like Gwin got off easy with that one.
    Nice to read U - we met at Moraine a month ago - talked about Michaux : I was with Randy (Butler)

    About the topic of this thread : last WC competition will take place in Snowshoe: was there last weekend - they building 2 humongous jumps { one at the top before crossing Westridge dr and then just before finish line

  48. #48
    Trail Gnome
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,925
    Quote Originally Posted by NRP View Post
    Gwin needs to stop crashing so much. Geezus.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Gwin really looked off pace at MSA...maybe it’s time to dedicate more time to Jesus

  49. #49
    Shartacular Spectacular
    Reputation: Shartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Gwin really looked off pace at MSA...maybe it’s time to dedicate more time to Jesus
    Lol, but in all fairness, it’s rare that someone comes back to full form in any sport after being out to injury, especially when the rest of the field has nearly a full season’s worth of momentum and rhythm under their belt.
    18’ SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27's, i9's, Float X2

    18' SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9's, Avy Woodie

  50. #50
    NRP
    NRP is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    663
    He was something like 8.5 sec off Bruni's time, wasn't he? That's not too bad for basically missing the whole season.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    73
    edited

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RS VR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,003
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Gwin really looked off pace at MSA...maybe it’s time to dedicate more time to Jesus
    or get a bike he's comfortable with. Wasn't he trying to decide between sizes? Then shows up at worlds with a mullet bike. Maybe he just needs to get back on a 27.5.

  53. #53
    Autonomous
    Reputation: glenj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    190

    Crazy ending!

    Holy sh*t what a craaazy way to finish the season & crown the overall champion!
    **spoiler alert**
    Loic’s to win, then it wasn’t. Amaury’s to win, then it wasn’t. Back-and-forth until an insane run from Danny Hart brings it full circle back to superbruni. Daamnnn!
    Lol “I will love you forever” sez Loic to Danny post-race! Yeah!

    A bit bummed my Syndicate boys didn’t win anything, but hey, that’s racing.

    Can’t wait till next season.

    And Rob Warner is more annoying than ever.

  54. #54
    Thinking about riding.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by glenj View Post
    And Rob Warner is more annoying than ever.
    "This man..."

    "This man..."

    "This man..."

    "This man..."

    Someone needs to get him a new sentence starter.

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    104
    No more annoying than Yanks feeling “gutted” for a rider.

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 World Cup XC
    By Ketzal in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 1552
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 02:41 PM
  2. 2018 World Cup XCO XCM Equipment (2019 regular racer) Thread
    By ccm in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 09-27-2018, 09:53 AM
  3. World Cup or Non-World cup?
    By Tyrich88 in forum Specialized
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 08:52 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 04:19 AM

Members who have read this thread: 156

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.