2011 marzocchi cart?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

2011 marzocchi cart?

does anybody know where i can order a 2011 EVO cartridge for a 66? and will it fit the 2008 chassies?

mtbr member
    Yes it will fit in the 08 chassis

Price from Aussie distro is about $200 AUD, but apparently they havent been made available as spare parts yet

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_M2R

Price from Aussie distro is about $200 AUD, but apparently they havent been made available as spare parts yet

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    avalanche has a better cartridge for it

Go back to school
    Quote Originally Posted by joelsman
    avalanche has a better cartridge for it
    This is true but for a more expensive price. Also Marzocchi will warranty work on your fork even if you have one of THEIR after-market cart's in it. Not true with Avy.

Last I checked they were telling me that an EVO cart would retail for $500 and I just laughed at them. $200 sounds much more realistic.
    Die to ride, ride to die

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikesair
    This is true but for a more expensive price. Also Marzocchi will warranty work on your fork even if you have one of THEIR after-market cart's in it. Not true with Avy.

Last I checked they were telling me that an EVO cart would retail for $500 and I just laughed at them. $200 sounds much more realistic.
    Really, what's left to warranty when you remove the MARZOCCHI internals. The other side is spring and aside of seals there's no reason to warranty anything aside of stock internals. When's the last time you heard of an issue with reliability and avalanche???? No need to warranty something that doesn't break.....

My vote is avalanche you can reshim it however you choose and with adapter kits it will fit a wide range of forks so its not useless if you ditch or break your fork.....
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew
    Really, what's left to warranty when you remove the MARZOCCHI internals. The other side is spring and aside of seals there's no reason to warranty anything aside of stock internals
    what about the externals? you know like the chassis...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    about the avy i dont really want to get one because no one here knows how to rebuild/service them and i dont have the time to learn (school/work and im joining the army in august..)

mtbr member
    Id honestly wait until next years carts come out, because they will then have proper shimmed rebound pistons (and the 888's will have proper 4 bolt direct mount crowns, not the silly marz one)

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    next year i will not have any money i think ill just mod my fork as i cant find a 180mm VAN for a nice price that isnt shipping only in the US

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler243
    what about the externals? you know like the chassis...
    Aside of bushing slop (which has been taken care of) what are they going to warranty on the externals.... Steer tube to short, a dent freom a rock or a gouge on hte stanchion from a crash???
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_M2R View Post

Do you know if the RC3 evo cart fits an 07 66 RC2x chassis?

Otherwise I guess the old RC3 would work. Maybe the evo cart is wider as the 08+ models have 38mm over 36mm stanchions.

Members who have read this thread: 0