2010 KHS Lucky 7- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

2010 KHS Lucky 7

Looks like a capable bike, anyone ridden one? Verdict for bike park, a little fr and dh? Doing searches and can't come up w/ much.
    thanks

mtbr member
    I was thinking about one myself but could not find a dealer around here. I did find out its exactly the same frame as the Azonic B52, maybe you can find more info on that label.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur
    Looks like a capable bike, anyone ridden one? Verdict for bike park, a little fr and dh? Doing searches and can't come up w/ much.
    thanks

Glad to Be Alive
    it is a good bike...Personally for a bike park I would get more travel ....but overall it is a solid bike. Love the FSR suspension
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

locked - time out
    Jan 2010
    It's an Astro catalog frame. Dozens of companies around the world use that frame with different stickers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I had one but the swing arm broke. Complete bikes can be had pretty cheap. I saw one in a store today for $2000 Can. The build is pretty solid but a bit basic. The 66 lacks quality damping and the handle bars are too narrow. Mine weighed about 40 pounds. The geometry is spot on for a 7" park bike. The real head angle is 65 degrees, not 67 as it was listed before on the KHS website. I would not get a bike with more travel for park riding. Anything more and you are purchasing a dedicated dh bike that will not be to pedal friendly for non-dh days. The Lucky 7 has a full length seat tube allowing you to run a full seat post. With the dual rings you can ride up moderate trails and fire roads to shelf shuttle. I rode my bike at Whistler, Mt Washington, the Shore, Mt Prevost, Forbidden Plateau, Moab, etc. It is a versatile, economical bike. I miss it a bit! I don't think that you could go wrong with it. The B52 frame is over priced.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Finally my order arrived and I have yet to ride it. Cheap on the go, but looks burly. I agree, the stock bar is too narrow, going for an atlas fr bar. I am not sure yet of the spring rate. I weigh in at 185lbs and going 200-210lbs with gear on. The stock spring rating is at 450lbs x 2.80, I hope that's just fine for drops ranging from 5-6ft. Have yet to get some guts for bigger stuff. Scared that my old bones might not take it.

Hard as nails
    I think the Lucky 7 will eventually be replaced with this:

Saw this at the US Open Saturday.
    Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth.
    Henry David Thoreau

CoolArrow
    looks like another Sunday reincarnation... Thought it was a Pivot at first, but it's got soem differences. I dig it.
    Cool BandolArrow

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Astro also makes an FSR version with the same main frame. I have seen that one with KHS stickers on it too. I would suspect that they will stick with the FSR frame since all their other bikes are FSR.

MyBikeStand.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtman
    I think the Lucky 7 will eventually be replaced with this:

Saw this at the US Open Saturday.
    NOPE... the one replacing the Lucky 7 is a bit different. This one is there new DH racer with 8"s of travel. Still not on the market yet, maybe by end of year or beginning of next year. The one replacing the Lucky doesn't have the interrupted seat tube and has a pivot near the back wheel similar to FSR bikes...its actually a really hot bike. The shock mounts in front of the seat tube/bottom bracket. There is a spy shot of it in mbaction mag may 2010 issue. Again still not ready for market but hopefully soon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have got an old lucky 7 its going to be hard to beat i really love my bike and have had no trouble out of it after two years i am sticking with mine.

Members who have read this thread: 0