2010 Canfield JEDI! Now slacker HA and XL size- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2010 Canfield JEDI! Now slacker HA and XL size

OK I decided to hold out in 09 with my 08 jedi and I just got my 2010 in today.

OK so its pretty cool Lance goes to the factory as they are building them and takes them off to measure to a 1;1 print to make sure its withng tolerances.
    Then Chris goes to the factory and assembles every one with blu loctite on the pivots and makes sure they are faced and ready to go.

It has a 1 degree slacker HA as well as a 1/4" shorter HT which means the bxr drop crowns will fit it now with no issues and still be slacker by 1 deg.
    It has the better tire clearance of 09, the pivot bolts protect the bearings from crud as well as the rear triangle has a solid vertical peice between lower and upper to keep the tire from slinging crap on the shock.
    The only difference i know of from 09 to 10 is the slacker HA, shorter HT and the availability of a XL size.
    My wheelbase is 47", BB height with MM is 13.8 and with Dirty dan 14"
    Dont know what the HA is at with the bxr dropped all the way down but its slack Ill try and get some better #s tomorrow. Now standover, bb, etc will be Higher than normal with the tires on it now.

I opted for the new fox blue link colorsand glad I did they are great looking in person.

Build is:
    Jedi XL
    Marzocchi roco WC air
    2010 Boxxer wc (going to 888 ti evo)
    823s laced to superduty (I9s shortly)
    schwalbe dirty dans
    avid codes (swapping to the ones)
    Middleburn cranks fsa plat pro bb
    MRP G2
    canfield crampons
    diety dirty thirty bars
    Twenty6 integrated stem
    xt cassette
    x9 shift der

My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Holy SH1T!!! That is the bike I've been waiting for! And yours is close to my dream build down to the tires. I'd have to go with the 888 up front, or 05 Shiver.

mtbr member
    LOL I am waiting for the 888 evo ti next week if it gets in Its on its way here. Marzocchis shipment is supposed to be in,,,,,,
    My Sponsor House

clyde in training
    that's one sexy bike. what kind of saddle is that? the cables look a little long.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nwsula
    that's one sexy bike. what kind of saddle is that? the cables look a little long.
    Sunline saddle and I dont have the front brake cable tied to the lowers yet and Im swapping to formula the one rbakes at which point Ill cut the SS lines to length and fit as well as shorten the shifter cable a couple of inches.

LOL I figured the lack of cranks and not wuite fiinished would be more noticeable then the lines
    My Sponsor House

Ricky DH
    Sickness!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I like this bike a lot but I think it would be 10x better looking if they didn't use round tubing. I mean the top tube looks like it's a smaller diameter than the stanchions. Still a sick bike though

clyde in training
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew
    LOL I figured the lack of cranks and not wuite fiinished would be more noticeable then the lines
    I was going to ask you how you liked that new invisiline power train. haha. Actually, I noticed the cranks were missing but since you have a pic of them it was obvious you still had that planned for later.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I think the frame looks great. And its super strong too - get about a 1/2 dozen of those bad boys and you could hold up the Brooklyn Bridge!

Glad to Be Alive
    sweet bike....love the MRP G2....great choice there....love those...I get mine in a shipment today...building my bike up today
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    I should be ordering my 2010 Jedi shortly. I talked to Chris and he said I fit a medium for sure, and I am 5' 6". I rode a large though and it felt like my medium specialized demo 9. But I guess I will definitely trust Chris on this one.

GAME ON!
    that is a sexy bike for sure. why a 888, though?

I bike long tyme.
    The best part about getting a new Canfield is always the box they get delivered in! I still have mine from my '06 Formula One. Worth the price of admission by itself. Killer bike Bullcrew!
    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    sweet bike....love the MRP G2....great choice there....love those...I get mine in a shipment today...building my bike up today
    Don't really have a choice with Jedi's, as you need custom extra wide angle chainguides. G2 is sold with the bike. But no problems with mine for the past year.

Look forward to the build!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Sick Build!!

mtbr member
    Why don't they give those 1.5 HTs? Don't tell me it's to save weight
    EDIT: Everything else looks fantastic, of course!

Commit or eat sh!t
    Quote Originally Posted by kipdrunner
    Why don't they give those 1.5 HTs? Don't tell me it's to save weight
    That's the answer when I asked Chris Canfield. But since you will be using a DC fork, doesn't really matter, especially with a relatively short head tube.

Canfield Brothers
    Yes, it is to save weight. Here's the argument. If the HT is bigger, the DT and TT need to be bigger to look right. Thats atleast 1/4 lb in not 1/2 lb. The headset is larger and the bearings are larger, more grams there. If you use a conventional stem, thats most likely heavier. OK, so the other side is the bearings are bigger so it must be stronger, I don't blow up headsets and if your one that does, just get a Pig DH pro, that will last a life time! All the DH forks are still 1/8", head tubes aren't ripping off. And then theres bar height, theres plenty of flat bars and drop stems now so steepening your head angle with a zero stack just to get your bars down doesn't seem worth it. I see it for the AM and FR crew though.

Here's the XL Geo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Canfield JEDI! Now slacker HA and XL size-f1-jedi-xl-geometry.jpg  

mtbr member
    I didn't realize the weight difference could be so substantial; the reason 1.5 is so appealing to me is the adjustability it provides (angled reducer headsets are really what I had in mind). If you get the geo right in the first place, which it looks like you did^^^, then I see why 1 1/8 is the best option.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    ... why a 888, though?
    Ride one and see for yourself. 888 RC3 EVO TI out of the box is everything you'd want. Marzocchi is having a hard time keeping up with demand. And the internals are pure art. But don't just take my word for it, ask Bullcrew and SMT.

ROBOTIC RESERVE
    just got a boner
    Captain's Rides
    2008 Turner 5.Spot Raw - Pushed RP23 / Pike 454 U-Turn
    2008 Turner Highline GDO - CCDB / Fox 40

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Snakebite
    just got a boner
    Werd. That is pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by sickspeed16
    Your not all mountain unless your runnin' crushed dew cans..
    '12 Scalpel 29er Carbon 1
    '13 SuperSix EVO Red Racing

Members who have read this thread: 1