2010 Boxxer Wc- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2010 Boxxer Wc

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

2010 Boxxer Wc

Recently replaced rebound damper. Amazing difference! Stiction almost non-existent!
    Also lubed seals with silicone gel.
    I weigh around the 180 lb mark and my fork feels best around 55 - 60 P.S.I.

mtbr member
    nice but can i ask what the point of the thread was?
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bxxer rider
    nice but can i ask what the point of the thread was?
    Because he could. Why does it matter?
    Go BIG or Go HOME

FReak
    Why'd you have to replace the rebound damper?
    2010 Specialized Demo 8 II (Upgraded to II from I)
    2008 Specialized Enduro SL Expert

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Quote Originally Posted by FROGMAN524
    Why'd you have to replace the rebound damper?
    RS came out with a new damper that is given out to any owner of the new 2010 boxxer WC or Team.... I'm guessing there was a problem that was found on the first production runs, but has been corrected on current ones.

I have one of the first 2010 teams go-ride had in stock, and I have my new rebound cart sitting on my bench waiting to go in, as well as the new bottom out spring
    "It sucks because that's what Boxxers of that generation were good at." -- XSL_WiLL

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll_Jockey
    RS came out with a new damper that is given out to any owner of the new 2010 boxxer WC or Team.... I'm guessing there was a problem that was found on the first production runs, but has been corrected on current ones.

I have one of the first 2010 teams go-ride had in stock, and I have my new rebound cart sitting on my bench waiting to go in, as well as the new bottom out spring
    Are rebound and bottom out parts free of charge covered by warranty?
    DHR

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenTurner
    Are rebound and bottom out parts free of charge covered by warranty?
    Free! I went to my LBS and said hey hook me up with the updates for the 2010 Boxxer Team. They said OK, and about a week later I showed up and walked out the door with them.

EDIT: there are also youtube videos RS put out on how to install the new parts yourself if you are so inclined.
    "It sucks because that's what Boxxers of that generation were good at." -- XSL_WiLL

biking is fun
    yep, i changed my rebound damper on my WC and it made a huge difference. mine actually had problems too though. it was leaking oil out the rebound knobs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Free! I went to my LBS and said hey hook me up with the updates for the 2010 Boxxer Team. They said OK, and about a week later I showed up and walked out the door with them.

EDIT: there are also youtube videos RS put out on how to install the new parts yourself if you are so inclined.
    That's funny, my online dealer told me I should pay. I'll try again, thanks for let me know.
    DHR

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    Because he could. Why does it matter?

Thanks for that Country Boy. I guess I need to explain things better?
    I've heard that quite a number of folks are having issues with the new WC fork regarding stiction and tight tolerence around the re-bound damper.
    SRAM sent a new damper (free) and there was a major difference between the two:
    the one in my fork didn't even move, and the new one they sent was very smooth.
    After installation, the fork really "came alive".

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Quote Originally Posted by rongarr
    After installation, the fork really "came alive".
    I like mine now.... I cannnot wait to get the new cart in!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Yes, my original damper (that I replaced) was actually so tight that it didn't move.
    The new one (recently replaced) slid very smooth on the shaft. Once installed, it made a HUGE difference.

mtbr member
    is there anything for the race?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenTurner
    That's funny, my online dealer told me I should pay. I'll try again, thanks for let me know.

I think it is funny that your online retailer treats you like another number. You should have to pay for the upgrade since you whored yourself out to an online retailer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boogenman
    I think it is funny that your online retailer treats you like another number. You should have to pay for the upgrade since you whored yourself out to an online retailer.
    Nevermind, I've just talked to him and Sram is going to ship it today for FREE
    DHR

Members who have read this thread: 0