200mm on 05 Stinky?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

200mm on 05 Stinky?

G'day All

On a previous thread i asked about a replacement for a Jnr T on an 05 Stinky.

Have pretty much decided to go with a Super T/Boxxer Team/888 - when a good one at the right price comes along (thanks for the help and replies on the thread!)

OK - its size 16, i weigh approx 166 and the bike will be used mainly for social DH with the occaisonal non serious race thrown in.

I would appreciate any advice on whether a 200mm travel fork (boxxer or 888) is going to stuff up the geometry - or in fact make it better for my intended use.

I'm finding the 170mm of the Jnr T OK - in fact i have not used more than 130/140mm of available travel so far (i suspect the springs may be a bit heavy for me, and i have not tested its limmits yet as i'm new to DH)

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Iain

Registered Jong
    Quote Originally Posted by jawry
    G'day All

On a previous thread i asked about a replacement for a Jnr T on an 05 Stinky.

Have pretty much decided to go with a Super T/Boxxer Team/888 - when a good one at the right price comes along (thanks for the help and replies on the thread!)

OK - its size 16, i weigh approx 166 and the bike will be used mainly for social DH with the occaisonal non serious race thrown in.

I would appreciate any advice on whether a 200mm travel fork (boxxer or 888) is going to stuff up the geometry - or in fact make it better for my intended use.

I'm finding the 170mm of the Jnr T OK - in fact i have not used more than 130/140mm of available travel so far (i suspect the springs may be a bit heavy for me, and i have not tested its limmits yet as i'm new to DH)

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Iain
    Its fine to put 200 on the front. you jr t is pry just that crappy and won't cycle through all its travel to tell you the truth. Anywho may I reccommend a Boxxer race?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    A guy I ride with just bought an '05 stinky and it came from Kona with a 888, so I doubt there would be any ill effects from putting one on your's.

Meh.
    200mm is fine.

StraightOuttaCompton
    that will make the bike rail dawg, it will work nicely.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    A guy I ride with just bought an '05 stinky and it came from Kona with a 888, so I doubt there would be any ill effects from putting one on your's.
    you will be fi ne....in fact you just might love it
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    My friend does, works well

Members who have read this thread: 0