200lb Triple 8 owners- Mtbr.com
    Brooklyn Bike Rider

200lb Triple 8 owners

Any 200lb Triple 8 owners out there?...Just wanted to know how u have the fork setup as far as spring and oil weight for Freeriding and light Dh.....I have a 7" 888 on a 8" Spesh Big Hit...Doin 6fters to flat and a bout 7ftrs to transitions....Just got the fork and wanted to know how far from the stock setup you guys have em worked out..

9 Lives Baby!

Got Pics?

Do you have any pictures of this machine?

mtbr member

I'm 200# and ride a 888r

and, yes, the stock springs are too soft if you are riding hard. I have a test rider who also has one and he is about 185-190 pounds. He goes absolutely HUGE (like we're talking 25-30+ foot plus vertical drops) and he also finds the fork's stock springs too soft, even for his general aggressive riding (not just the big drops). However, he will bet getting his new Manitou Dorado MRD-X works fork, so he hasn't spent any time fine tuning the 888r.

I myself, have a pretty weak arm that is messed up from several surgeries on it, so I don't NEED the fork to be more firm, as I'm not really pushing it, and probably won't be until this summer. I should play around and put some more oil in it just to get a bit more of an air spring happening, but that doesn't really change the fact that the fork is definitely set up for "medium" weight riders from the factory.

I'm not sure what the status on firm springs is: the last time I checked was just after Intebike and I don't think that they were available yet. That may have changed now - I don't know.
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

Brooklyn Bike Rider
    Thanx knolly, keep me posted when you mess with your settings......No pics with the Triple 8 just yet...heres an older pic....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhit
    Thanx knolly, keep me posted when you mess with your settings......No pics with the Triple 8 just yet...heres an older pic....
    Hey Redhit, is that the BigLink with a Swinger 6-way or 4-way? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the swinger and where were you able to find it?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Brooklyn Bike Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Hey Redhit, is that the BigLink with a Swinger 6-way or 4-way? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the swinger and where were you able to find it?
    Yeah its a Big Link..And that is a 4 way Swinger...They go for about $350 which is about the same price as the fox that was on it...It is smooth......Ive ridden 5th 's and Avalanche's (on other bikes tho) and its just as smooth....I cant even feel my reAr tire hit when i land...Cant say enough about it......As far where i got it i went to my local bike shop....Im sure online places like Go ride and jenson usa have em at similar costs...