2008 Jedi rear tire options?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005

2008 Jedi rear tire options?

Just wondering if anyone is running anything besides a 2.5 Minion on the back of a 2008 Jedi. I thought I remember someone using a Schwalbe, but can't find the thread.

The minions grab nice, but wear way to quickly. Just looking for other options that fit the meager height limit on the original Jedi.

biking is fun
    There are not too many options to run, maybe a high roller.

I bought chris canfields 08 frame off him and it has an extra 3-5mm dremmeled out of the rear to give it more clearance. i know bullcrew who posts here had done the same. its dremmeled for abut an inch wide right where the center knobs would hit on both the top and the bottom. He told me it was fine and it has held up great. I would call them and just make sure though in case you are worried about warranty stuff.

if you do dremmel it you can fit alot more tire choices.
    i have run
    maxxis high roller 2.5
    maxxis dhf minion 2.5
    intense 909 2.5 (close fit)

im waiting for my friend to lace up his new wheels cause he has some rubber queens in 2.4 ust that im wanting to see if they fit.

i think the best way is to try out friends wheels or ones at the shops to see what fits. it sucks but the bike is definately worth it.

mtbr member
    I ran Jedi with DH16 in 2.5 and DH24 in 2.5 - no problem at all.

mtbr member
    Give the 2.35 Intense tires a go. I'm loving the "Edge" on the back right now and the Intruder makes a fantastic Soft/Mud tire in both the front and back. A 909 in the front with an Edge out back makes me grin uncontrollably.

I'm testing a bunch of the 2.35 ITS tires right now and I'm loving them. The 909 can do no wrong IMO. I was a staunch 2.5+ guy forever but these 2.35s have converted me. I feel as if the steering is much more precise with the 2.35 ITS tires as opposed to most of the 2.5+s that I've run (many).

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have an '09. I'm super stoked on the Continental Der Kaiser 2.5s at the moment. They grip as well as the dhf super tacky, maybe roll a little faster, and are supposed to wear better too. I guess we'll see.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Quote Originally Posted by k1creeker
    The minions grab nice, but wear way to quickly.
    Are you talking about 3C or ST or both?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable0guy
    Are you talking about 3C or ST or both?
    Hi Cableguy,
    I'm talking about the 3Cs. I have had better wear with STs used in the past. The 3C's wear ridiculously fast.

I'll take a look into the Intense offerings as well as Conti's new (renamed?) tires.

Members who have read this thread: 0