2008 Atomik or 2005 Team DH?- Mtbr.com
    Steve
    Jul 2006

2008 Atomik or 2005 Team DH?

I can either buy:

A 2008 Atomik for 1900 Aus + Shipping

Or a 2005 Team DH for 1600 Aus + Shipping

The Atomik appears to be in better condition and has hardly been ridden.

Which of these is a better bike? I will be using for Downhill mainly and some free ride. I have become quite experienced in 2 years of riding Hardtails and this will b my first Full Suspension Bike. I plan on hitting the Downhills pretty hard and need a bike that can take everything I throw at it.

But yeah, which should I go with?

Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by steve695
    I can either buy:

A 2008 Atomik for 1900 Aus + Shipping

Or a 2005 Team DH for 1600 Aus + Shipping

The Atomik appears to be in better condition and has hardly been ridden.

Which of these is a better bike? I will be using for Downhill mainly and some free ride. I have become quite experienced in 2 years of riding Hardtails and this will b my first Full Suspension Bike. I plan on hitting the Downhills pretty hard and need a bike that can take everything I throw at it.

But yeah, which should I go with?
    dude, are you serious? if you're referring to the 'atomik' brand most commonly sold on ebay then you're trippin' mate. they're not even real bikes. 2005 Team DH... team what? you're not talking about the craftworks are you? they break, forget it.

if you're relatively new to mtb you probably don't want a dedicated DH bike, not yet anyway. i suggest you get a do-it-all dual suspension rig (all-mountain 'AM') that will allow you to experiment with your rides and eventually focus on the riding style you most prefer.

here are some good price XC-AM duallies currently on aussie ebay:

CANNONDALE PROPHET "2" 2008 MEDIUM MOUNTAIN BIKE
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CANNONDALE-PR...1%7C240%3A1318

Specialized S Works Stumpjumper FSR
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Specialized-S...1%7C240%3A1318

Get this -> MOUNTAIN BIKE. SANTA CRUZ BULLIT
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MOUNTAIN-BIKE...ayphotohosting

get the Bullit. i had a bullit, great bike, your classic DH/FR rig. single pivot performs great and it's bombproof. the forks are a bit old, might wanna find some old marzocchi 888's off US ebay for it.

failing that, check out the new Specialized Pitch at your local bike shop. it's a good bike for the money.

good luck mate
    "You go up the hill, you go down the hill."

Steve
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the links.

I have been riding for about 2 years now.

I had a medium Sasquatch for a little over a year and I did alright on that and fele it is time to upgrade.

I want a dedicated DH bike.

Do Team DHs seriously break? What's wrong with an Atomik?

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    I think he means a Norco Atomik and Norco Team DH.
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

Steve
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebomber
    I think he means a Norco Atomik and Norco Team DH.
    Yeah I do

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I think "m0ngy" has never heard of Norco or is simply not familiar enough with the brand to recognize the model names.

Anyway, I don't belive that Norco has changed their suspension system from 05 to 08, so I think it should come down to the condition of the two bikes. The team DH might be better spec'd but the Atomik is 3 years newer and "barely used" so it's probably in better shape. I would probably go wit the Atomik.

Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    I think "m0ngy" has never heard of Norco or is simply not familiar enough with the brand to recognize the model names.
    correctamundo

i have heard of norco, of course, but i'm not familiar with their models. there is a chinese brand of contraption barely recognisable as a mtb called 'atomik' on ebay. you wouldn't be seen dead on the thing.
    "You go up the hill, you go down the hill."

Steve
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngy
    correctamundo

i have heard of norco, of course, but i'm not familiar with their models. there is a chinese brand of contraption barely recognisable as a mtb called 'atomik' on ebay. you wouldn't be seen dead on the thing.
    Ohhh lol nah dont worry i meant the norco

Members who have read this thread: 0