2008 888 only have?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

2008 888 only have?

Is it true the 2008 888 only have 1 dampner on all there models? Speaking with Avalanche Suspension today in regards to a new fork. They informed me that all new 2008 888's to cut costs they only had 1 dampner, there for heavier riders will have a harder time dialing in there fork. Do to this Avalanche is producing parts for the 888 to stop bottoming out. Is this really a cost factor or did they realize it was not needed? I weight about 220 and always had a problem with my 888 until I swapped the springs to extra firm. Why is there NO review on Avalanches forks? I can even find any topics on them. Any info would be great.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by BLH2
    Is it true the 2008 888 only have 1 dampner on all there models? Speaking with Avalanche Suspension today in regards to a new fork. They informed me that all new 2008 888's to cut costs they only had 1 dampner, there for heavier riders will have a harder time dialing in there fork. Do to this Avalanche is producing parts for the 888 to stop bottoming out. Is this really a cost factor or did they realize it was not needed? I weight about 220 and always had a problem with my 888 until I swapped the springs to extra firm. Why is there NO review on Avalanches forks? I can even find any topics on them. Any info would be great.

I weigh 250 and ride a 08 888 RC3, there is no bottoming issues with the stock spring or oil height's. I run 0 preload, 0 air, 6 clicks of rebound and 4 clicks of compression and it feels great. Quality wise, thats another story...

mtbr member

avalanche forks

are a lot things quality, serviceable, offer incredible performance and are heavy, expensive and have not had major changes to them in years. That said they are great forks. A friend of mine has been running his fork for six years with no issues at all. He just sends it in for servicing once a year. Compared to avay, rockshox, fox and marzz are throw away forks. That said I am running a fox 40 because avalanche forks feels a bit to heavy to me. I use only avalanche rear shocks as nothing else has come close to being as reliable or works as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0