2007 Rocky Mountain Switch. Buy?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

2007 Rocky Mountain Switch. Buy?

Need some opinions. I got the option to buy a 2007 Rocky Mountain Switch SL for $900. Mint condition and its got some upgrades. The only thing is that its in another state so I can't test it out first. Should I take the plunge?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yes. It is an awesome bike. Rocky has had a big hole in the line up since they discontinued the bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I saw they stopped making it. Any reason why?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I have an 05 Switch. The first and only new bike I have. What kind of riding do you want to do? I have done all sorts of riding with it. I currently use it for a trail, all mountain type of bike. When I first got into downhill riding I rode this bike and it served me well. I have ridden almost every trail in Whistler's bike park on this bike. I have all the original parts on this bike minus the rear shock. It has been a great bike for me and really got me interested in more serious downhill riding. If you are a beginner/intermediate rider I think you would have a lot of fun on it. Eventually you will want something a little more downhill oriented if that's the type of riding you want to do. It may be more suited to downhill with upgraded parts though. Like I said mine is mostly original. The shock and fork are on the lower end and are not very tunable. The 05 has Hayes Nine brakes which I have had great luck with. It sounds like the bike you are looking at would be a pretty good deal if there are no serious problems with it.
    Chris

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm mostly gonna be doing freeriding, maybe some downhill in the future. the bike im looking at has a fox rear shock and a manitou travis triple crown up front. looks pretty badass. sounds like i made the right choice getting this.

Members who have read this thread: 0