2007 Rockshox- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2007 Rockshox

crumb

2007 Rockshox

This new rockshox coming out looks sick. 40mm stanctions, 7in travel. Probably MCD, Single crown. what do you think?

not really a noob
    Quote Originally Posted by saviorself
    This new rockshox coming out looks sick. 40mm stanctions, 7in travel. Probably MCD, Single crown. what do you think?
    has new Gemini fork written all over it once 2007 rolls around
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

N* Bomber Crew
    It looks really nice, and will maybe shake the single crown deparment...but there is a lot of new competiton aiming to "copy" what Marzocchi currently does (Burly stanchions, smooth dampning) With Intrinsic coming out, and 40mm stanchions on the move, everyone seems to be coming out with a "big hit" single crown.

I would look into it, looks like a great fork. And look at those Avid Brakes!!! 2 piston juicy's?
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Wu Tang Fa Life *****es
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    It looks really nice, and will maybe shake the single crown deparment...but there is a lot of new competiton aiming to "copy" what Marzocchi currently does (Burly stanchions, smooth dampning) With Intrinsic coming out, and 40mm stanchions on the move, everyone seems to be coming out with a "big hit" single crown.

I would look into it, looks like a great fork. And look at those Avid Brakes!!! 2 piston juicy's?
    Rockshox is in no way copying marzocchi, manitou came out with the first long travel single crown, the 6" 1.5 Sherman, before marzocchi had anything over 5" out. Its just a new type of fork, no one is copying anyone

and those are brakes from a small german company, theyre not avids.
    Team PBR for life, Ride, Drink, Drink, Drink, Drink

Giant STP 06
    The fork looks kind of small, doesnt seem like 7"...maybe because of the 40mm stanctions

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Curb Hucker
    Rockshox is in no way copying marzocchi, manitou came out with the first long travel single crown, the 6" 1.5 Sherman, before marzocchi had anything over 5" out. Its just a new type of fork, no one is copying anyone

Eh...I didn't mean to say copy...but more so the market demand now is what I was trying to get across more or less....

They're not Avids? I remember seeing a prototype two piston juicy.

crumb
    Quote Originally Posted by KonaStinky05
    The fork looks kind of small, doesnt seem like 7"...maybe because of the 40mm stanctions
    i was thinking that too, but it might have uturn and its still in prototype

customized
    Sep 2003
    Didn't the Z150 come out the same time the Sherman came out. Or was the Sherman 2 months ahead of the Z150 release?

Eyes of the world
    I could swear I had seen a thing about those brakes and they were supposed to be prototypes from SRAM Avid.
    Find 'em hot leave 'em wet

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Severum
    Didn't the Z150 come out the same time the Sherman came out. Or was the Sherman 2 months ahead of the Z150 release?
    sherman breakout came out before z150.

Disco-Superfly
    where have I seen the picture of this before, like a month ago I think
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Innovate or die!
    Looks like a horrible take off on a 36.......i now firmly believe rock shox will never make a great fork, or something that doesn't perform like the engineers were doing E. SRAM components/avid/and truvativ all have stuff that kicks everyone's arse, but does it really matter when you need a professional mechanic to make your bike perform to the level of a fox just outta the box?

Rock Shox will ALWAYS be able to copy and price cheaper, creating inferior product, but the real deal will always be fox racing shox.

Does anyone remember the fact that fox was the first person to come out with a large stanchion single crown for normal people (not 1.5" clunkers)--- the 36. Marzocchi simply sawed off the upper part of an 888 and reduced travel.......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

avids

Quote Originally Posted by Curb Hucker
    They are avids.
    article.

Buckle Up
    Quote Originally Posted by j6105
    Looks like a horrible take off on a 36.......i now firmly believe rock shox will never make a great fork, or something that doesn't perform like the engineers were doing E. SRAM components/avid/and truvativ all have stuff that kicks everyone's arse, but does it really matter when you need a professional mechanic to make your bike perform to the level of a fox just outta the box?

Rock Shox will ALWAYS be able to copy and price cheaper, creating inferior product, but the real deal will always be fox racing shox.

Does anyone remember the fact that fox was the first person to come out with a large stanchion single crown for normal people (not 1.5" clunkers)--- the 36. Marzocchi simply sawed off the upper part of an 888 and reduced travel.......
    What's your point? Sounds like you are simply praising a product that you own, is that what I'm hearing? What's wrong with "sawing off" the upper part of a 888 and reducing travel? Lame...
    <><

Eyes of the world
    I knew I had seen that somewhere.

Elitest thrill junkie

I hope you are kidding. The 36 isn't meant to be abused like the 66 series forks, in addition the 36 has no adjustment for progressiveness. With a marzocchi you can adjust the progressiveness easily with the oil height. Try that with your 36. The 36 is a good enduro/light FR type fork. The 66 is a freeride and downhill fork. Not only that, but look at the 06 66, marzocchi has decided the 66 project was a success and it now has dedicated lowers, an axle to crown as low as, or maybe even slightly lower than the 36 (my 150mm marz single crown is about 5-7mm lower than a 36, and supposedly the new 150mm 66 is the same height as my 150mm Z1-series fork). It has some new impressive damping adjustments, as well as the progressiveness thing. There are also a bunch of new models, an SL model, etc. IMO, the 66 has it all over the 36 for any kind of heavy riding.

The AM1/Z1 or my combination of the two (Z1 lowers with AM1 chassi and interals) is a much better comparission to the 36 series.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

N* Bomber Crew

I dunno if you count it, but I consider the Z150 a pretty beefy fork for its intended purpose.....about the level of a 36. I mean Fox is great and all....but they're also really expensive....

I really don't know what to say. Personally I like the product, but if the market demand is a burly single crown, each manufacturer is gonna offer us a solution.

EDIT: You know I roll a Z150. It aint no DH40....but does fine for me. I would buy a DH40 if I had the money in a second...

mtbr member

Are you nuts! The Pike is a great fork in its own right. Nothing can touch the Pike as far as adjustments go. I love my Fox Van36, but if the Pike had the same amount of travel and stiffness of the 36 I would be riding RS instead!

Giant STP 06
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    I hope you are kidding. The 36 isn't meant to be abused like the 66 series forks, in addition the 36 has no adjustment for progressiveness. With a marzocchi you can adjust the progressiveness easily with the oil height. Try that with your 36. The 36 is a good enduro/light FR type fork. The 66 is a freeride and downhill fork. Not only that, but look at the 06 66, marzocchi has decided the 66 project was a success and it now has dedicated lowers, an axle to crown as low as, or maybe even slightly lower than the 36 (my 150mm marz single crown is about 5-7mm lower than a 36, and supposedly the new 150mm 66 is the same height as my 150mm Z1-series fork). It has some new impressive damping adjustments, as well as the progressiveness thing. There are also a bunch of new models, an SL model, etc. IMO, the 66 has it all over the 36 for any kind of heavy riding.

The AM1/Z1 or my combination of the two (Z1 lowers with AM1 chassi and interals) is a much better comparission to the 36 series.
    **** that has a lot of numbers in it.

dirt rules
    might be nice in 80mm version

Innovate or die!
    maybe i am tossing my pearls to swine but hey such is the internet...

well yay did i ever say anything about uses or if he or she is doing this to a fork for 06? nope. My statement is that the 36 is better than the competition.

If your style is to blow through travel because of horrible damping (but plush feeling in the parking lot) and use progressivity to fix it up, get a marzocchi by all means.

A properly setup fox will run the zokey up a tree with damping characteristics and stiffness. I have seen wayyy more broken zokeys than 36's.

BTW the van 36, competitive to the 66, has progressivity adjustment you idjit. Now who doesn't know their products.

Before you point fingers, i owned a 04 super T with dual HSCV, and used a dual HSCV 888 with low rider crowns for 2 months.

mtbr member

Wrong. The 36 is built to handle the same abuse. You obviously know your $hit, when it comes to the tech side of things, but you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to the cababilitys of the 36. I have ridden the 36van on the gnarest of DH and freeride. It handles anything from 50 foot airs to the most technical steep rocky descents at high speed. If you call 15 ft. drops, big gaps, and any DH you can throw at it, "enduro/light FR". I wouldn't want any other single crown fork. I have ridden the 66 as well. I thought the 66 felt alright, but nothing compared to the 36van. I have hundreds of miles of gnarbot riding on the 36. It passed my testing abuse with flying colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zachdank; 10-20-2005 at 11:37 PM.

BJ-
    Rota Imports

well yay did i ever say anything about uses or if he or she is doing this to a fork for 06? nope. My statement is that the 36 is better than the competition.

If your style is to blow through travel because of horrible damping (but plush feeling in the parking lot) and use progressivity to fix it up, get a marzocchi by all means.

A properly setup fox will run the zokey up a tree with damping characteristics and stiffness. I have seen wayyy more broken zokeys than 36's.

BTW the van 36, competitive to the 66, has progressivity adjustment you idjit. Now who doesn't know their products.

Before you point fingers, i owned a 04 super T with dual HSCV, and used a dual HSCV 888 with low rider crowns for 2 months.
    can you post up pics of you riding, coz i'd love you see if you've ever really done anything substantial enough to be able to make such conclusions about products...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    can you post up pics of you riding, coz i'd love you see if you've ever really done anything substantial enough to be able to make such conclusions about products...
    Last edited by zachdank; 10-21-2005 at 06:14 AM.

mtbr member

what kind of riding have you done with the 36, and what kind of riding have you done on the 66?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    what kind of riding have you done with the 36, and what kind of riding have you done on the 66?
    You know, in my country there's an old joke about guy who came to a mechanic an said that his car uses far too much fuel. Mechanic checked everything out and said "The car is just fine. Why You think it takes to much gas ? " "Few of my friends have the same car as mine, with the same engine and their cars use like 30% less fuel than mine." "So do what they do" said mechanic. "What is it ?" "LIE"

My point is both 36 and 66 have their pros and cons. 66 is plush, but not as stiff as Fox. It's also (05 model) way to long axle-crown. Fox (05 TALAS, I haven't used Van) is definietly less active on small obstacles. 66 weights almost the same as 888, 36 looses some travel after few rides (luckly not more than 3-5mm). Maybe 36Van is so God damned brilliant, but honestly I don't belive in perfect things made by a man. Both are FR forks used by pro riders, both can be applied as enduro or amateur DH forks. None will be used by pro DH rider.
    Guys, give yourselves a brake.

Regards,
    serhij

mtbr member
    I hope you are kidding. The 36 isn't meant to be abused like the 66 series forks, in addition the 36 has no adjustment for progressiveness.
    You're so wrong. 36 and 66 are both FR forks, both can take some serious abuse, possibly 36 is even more bomb proof (36 is almost 40% stiffer according to german "Bike" tests runed using hydraulic press and tension meter). 36 has an adjustment for progressiveness (RC2 has a BOOST option) and it can be done without opening Your fork.

With a marzocchi you can adjust the progressiveness easily with the oil height. Try that with your 36.
    What kind of comparison is that ? If You ment 36 Van, sure You can add some oil and change fork progressiveness. If You ment 36 TALAS, well, thats an air fork. Using Your method of discussion try to shorten travel in 66 or change Your spring rate without buying new springs.

The 36 is a good enduro/light FR type fork.
    No, enduro forks are eg. Float, Talas (32mm), Manitou Minute or Marzocchi AM. Light FR is Vanilla, Pike, Z1 or Sherman (still Z1 or Sherman can be easly used as pure FR forks). 36, 66 are definetly full-time hardcore FR forks.

The 66 is a freeride and downhill fork.
    FR - ok, but name one pro DH rider racing on 66.

Not only that, but look at the 06 66, marzocchi has decided the 66 project was a success and it now has dedicated lowers,
    I belive it only shows that the idea was good and 66 was a market success. Changing whole lower after just one year shows that this product needed major corrections. Too heavy and too high.

an axle to crown as low as, or maybe even slightly lower than the 36
    06 66 is still higher than fox 36 by ~5mm

IMO, the 66 has it all over the 36 for any kind of heavy riding.
    I say You're wrong. Main difference between us is that You have Z1, and I have both 66 and 36 in my bikes. But who knows, maybe You're right and I'm wrong... :-)

Sure. Also take some springs from Sherman, Ti may be necessary to get some decent weight.

Regards,
    serhij

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by serhij
    You're so wrong. 36 and 66 are both FR forks, both can take some serious abuse, possibly 36 is even more bomb proof (36 is almost 40% stiffer according to german "Bike" tests runed using hydraulic press and tension meter). 36 has an adjustment for progressiveness (RC2 has a BOOST option) and it can be done without opening Your fork.
    Well, this is new. Please explain how it works.

What kind of comparison is that ? If You ment 36 Van, sure You can add some oil and change fork progressiveness. If You ment 36 TALAS, well, thats an air fork. Using Your method of discussion try to shorten travel in 66 or change Your spring rate without buying new springs.
    Actually, the 66 can be changed from 150 to 170 without buying springs, you just have to move a spacer.

And no, you can't just change the progressiveness of the fox by adding oil, because the seals will shoot out. Marzocchi has a metal clip that holds the oil seal in, which is designed for extreme pressures. The fox seals are not designed for extreme pressures, and are one piece with the dust seal and oil seal mounted together. They will not hold up if you try to adjust the oil level.

06 66 is still higher than fox 36 by ~5mm
    Except that the 66 has 170mm of travel, and the fox has 160 (vanilla 36). For a given travel, the 66 is a little shorter. I've done comparissions of the 36, it actually runs a little higher than claimed, about 545-547mm or so for the 150mm 36.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Well, this is new. Please explain how it works.
    OK. That's from Fox manual for 36 lineup:

"Special “Boost” Feature of High-Speed Compression Adjuster. This adjuster is equipped with a max “boost” setting when the adjuster is rotated full firm clockwise in. This setting offers increased bump force resistance well beyond the adjuster's linear range up until the stop at full firm.
    Note: The High-Speed Compression knob has a feature that allows the insertion of
    a 3mm hex key or similar tool to assist in turning this knob. Do not overtorque the
    "Boost" knob."

Actually, the 66 can be changed from 150 to 170 without buying springs, you just have to move a spacer.
    I said "shorten travel in 66 OR change Your spring rate without buying new springs". Two different tasks. Of course You can shorten 170 to 150 without new springs, but changing spring rate without actualy changing them is impossible in 66. Besides I did not want to argue about that, just show how pointless is this kind of argumentation (I mean: "With a marzocchi you can adjust the progressiveness easily with the oil height" Sure You can't do that in air fork).

And no, you can't just change the progressiveness of the fox by adding oil, because the seals will shoot out.
    I'm not sure if Your right, but on monday I'll participate in small Fox training - I'll ask about this.

Except that the 66 has 170mm of travel, and the fox has 160 (vanilla 36). For a given travel, the 66 is a little shorter. I've done comparissions of the 36, it actually runs a little higher than claimed, about 545-547mm or so for the 150mm 36.
    Fox 36 TALAS 150mm travel - ~535mm A-C height
    Fox 36 Van 160mm travel - ~545mm A-C height

2005 Marzocchi Z1 150mm travel ~538mm A-C height
    2005 Marzocchi 66 150mm travel ~575mm A-C height
    2005 Marzocchi 66 170mm travel ~595mm A-C height
    In 2006 66 line is 30mm shorter (according official website), so it's like:
    2006 Marzocchi 66 150mm travel ~545mm A-C height
    2006 Marzocchi 66 170mm travel ~565mm A-C height

This way 150mmtravel Marzocchi fork is about the same A-C height as 160mm travel Fox. Iwas right. ;-)

Best regards,
    serhij

bpuodt

Man you must be smokin some high grade CRACK!

Rockshox will never make a great fork? HA!

What hole have you been under this whole year? ALL of their new forks have been incredible and IMO even better and more tunable than just about any other fork out there. Factor in price and it's no contest.

In fact, I would be willing to bet that a higher rate of Fox AND Marzocchi forks have broken or been warrantied in the last year than Pike forks.

Pike is the best 32mm single crown out right now, period. Strong as hell too. Mine has already destroyed one 5.5 lb FR hardtail frame. I hit a ditch going pretty fast and the front wheel stopped, putting me over the bars. I look back to find the entire head tube sheared off the frame, but the fork was in perfect shape. That was over 8 months ago. Still going strong and never once bottomed out.

Anyone who keeps saying Rockshox STILL sucks (they USED to suck) is a god damn idiot. I think Jayem is the worst in this regard. He spreads more missinformation than anyone else on these boards. He still thinks Boxxers can't be tuned by oil height, along with many other retarded things he spouts out, even when the Guys at PUSH keep calling him out on being wrong.

mtbr member
    ...Not only that, but look at the 06 66, marzocchi has decided the 66 project was a success and it now has dedicated lowers, ...
    And by that reasoning the 888 has finally turned the corner and become successful enough to warrent offering a lower A-to-C height. It's was a tough two years for the 888, nobody though it would make it.

Marzocchi screwed up on the A-to-C of both forks and at least they are fixing the mistake on the 66 sooner than they did the 888.
    "Without the ability to make moral distinctions based on motive, consequences, the ethical constructs of various parties, everything is equal, and you end up with people like Woody Allen: a tiny speck of compacted narcissism, revolving around the dead sun in an empty universe." - James Lileks

Buckle Up

FR - ok, but name one pro DH rider racing on 66.
    The outrageous axle-to-crown height for 05 is probably what has kept most people from using the 66 for downhill. Also, the ability to do bar spins is not very important in downhill racing... Most riders would probably rather use the 888 with more travel for downhill. I can only think of 2 high-profile marzocchi sponsored downhill racers anyway. (cedric, fabien)

This thread is extremely lame. You guys need to quit worshiping the products you own just because you own them.
    <><

Innovate or die!
    i just got told off by BJ and a guy with 35 posts, life has reached an all time low

and no i don't post pictures because men like zachdank stalk me (not even joking)

yeah you rite, nothing is perfect, i just hate rockshox.

I rode DH at N* on the 66, and it performed pretty well, but northstar is all big hits. The zokey blew thru travel on everything, from small to large bumps. I feel the 36 has better damping an keeps me in much better control, makin me faster.

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan

This thread is extremely lame. You guys need to quit worshiping the products you own just because you own them.
    This is the best comment yet........you win the prize for the most logical arguement.

I don't get this thread, it turned into Marzocchi 66 vs Fox 36. While they are comparable, it just turned into being loyal to products. Some folks like the 36...some folks like the 66. To each his own......

Elitest thrill junkie

Explain it.

Are you talking about the anti-bottoming cone that can be adjusted at the factory? That's not a progression adjustment, that's a bottom-out adjustment. Not the same.

Elitest thrill junkie
    OK. That's from Fox manual for 36 lineup:

"Special “Boost” Feature of High-Speed Compression Adjuster. This adjuster is equipped with a max “boost” setting when the adjuster is rotated full firm clockwise in. This setting offers increased bump force resistance well beyond the adjuster's linear range up until the stop at full firm.
    Note: The High-Speed Compression knob has a feature that allows the insertion of
    a 3mm hex key or similar tool to assist in turning this knob. Do not overtorque the
    "Boost" knob."
    That is not a progressiveness adjustment, that is a compression adjustment. That is completely different. It may be a "progressive" compression adjustment, but if it's already in the "full firm" position, it will make it behave like ass when it hits bumps. It may not bottom, but that's because it's just running way too much compression damping. With a marzocchi, you can run very little compression damping for a very supple initial feel, and still have great bottom out resistance.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot Chicken
    Pike is the best 32mm single crown out right now, period. Strong as hell too. Mine has already destroyed one 5.5 lb FR hardtail frame. I hit a ditch going pretty fast and the front wheel stopped, putting me over the bars. I look back to find the entire head tube sheared off the frame, but the fork was in perfect shape. That was over 8 months ago. Still going strong and never once bottomed out.

Anyone who keeps saying Rockshox STILL sucks (they USED to suck) is a god damn idiot. I think Jayem is the worst in this regard. He spreads more missinformation than anyone else on these boards. He still thinks Boxxers can't be tuned by oil height, along with many other retarded things he spouts out, even when the Guys at PUSH keep calling him out on being wrong.
    See, now that is just complete BS. Ok, "your" pike is the best fork ever for you, but plenty of people are happy with their Fox 36s, marzocchi Z1s and AM1s. If you are going to have enough ego to say that yours is the best, then understand when other people have differing opinions...

I've owned more than one boxxer, I know them pretty well.

bpuodt
    That is not a progressiveness adjustment, that is a compression adjustment. That is completely different. It may be a "progressive" compression adjustment, but if it's already in the "full firm" position, it will make it behave like ass when it hits bumps. It may not bottom, but that's because it's just running way too much compression damping. With a marzocchi, you can run very little compression damping for a very supple initial feel, and still have great bottom out resistance.
    I think you have it all wrong with the boost valving. It's a progressive POSITION SENSITIVE compression circuit. The compression get's closed off more and more near the end stroke for the same effect a oil level bottoming control.

IMO, the Fox method is actually superior to the MArzocchi method of bottom out control.

To get a Zoke to not hit bottom on hard hits you have to run the oil pretty high up there. The problem is that raising the oil level will als cause the fork to get TOO progressive TOO soon. What you get is a fork that doesn't use its travel to its full advantage, unless it's a hard hit on a big drop.

A closer to linear fork will have MUCH better bump compliance under 70% of fork compression, than a fairly progressive fork. This means you will get better fork ability with the linear fork when riding a steep slope where your fork is more than halfway through its travel. It will eat bumps better at that fork position.

When riding on flat ground, the difference is less noticable because the begin stroke of even progressive forks is fairly linear.

The Fox rc2 36 system works well because it saves any progression for the last inch or so of the fork stroke, where you need it for bottom out resistance. Works great and never clunks on massive hits. The great thing about being near linear throughout all but 1 inch of the fork stroke, is that you get consistant bump compliance throughout more of the stroke.

Eat it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    you guys wana try to stay on topic? just look at the thread, it started about a new rockshox fork, with a comment on the brakes, and has turned into a flame war about which for is better. it's like "what am t3h besstest gun" in airsoft. if you care so much, start a thread.

on topic, the fork looks pretty cool, and those stanchions look beefy.

mtbr member
    Oh, man. Progressiveness is simply how the fork feels while using more and more travel. More travel you use harder it feels - end of story. What's the difference how You archive that ? As for the compression adjustment set to full - it's high speed compression knob, it sets compression when hitting big drops or any obsticles that makes fork compress fast. Low speeed compression resposible for small bumps feel is completly different thing and completly different adjustment (RC2 - adjusted Rebound and Compression 2-way, High and Low speed).

Regards,
    serhij

mtbr member
    The outrageous axle-to-crown height for 05 is probably what has kept most people from using the 66 for downhill. Also, the ability to do bar spins is not very important in downhill racing...
    You've quoted part where I asked about pro racers, not reasons why they are not using 66. I know the reason.

I can only think of 2 high-profile marzocchi sponsored downhill racers anyway. (cedric, fabien)
    SO which is riding 66 ? Because AFAIK both ride 888.

You know something WheelieMan ? It's a disscusion forum ! We're here to discuss, convince one another to his opinions. If You have any problem with that just go for a ride and live us be. Personaly I'm too old to give a s... about being called lame by anybody, but neither You answered my question nor said anything interesting. So who's lame after all ?

serhij

Innovate or die!
    or you could get more than 9 posts and THEN come back and lecture us little underage boys on the internet......

mtbr member
    or you could get more than 9 posts and THEN come back and lecture us little underage boys on the internet......
    Who gives a rat's ass how many posts he has under his belt? His time in front of a keyboard has no bearing with this or any other post. He made a valid point.

Eyes of the world
    Or you could shut upand realize when someone makes a valid point. Post count has absolutely no relevance. Everyone got off topic and he pointed out how much this deviated from the original posters thread.

Innovate or die!
    spending 5 minutes a day in the internet................12.99 a month

drinking a ice tea while posting on mtbr................. 1.50 a pop

watching grown adults get their panties in a wad......priceless

btw, first dude had only 13 posts.........hahaha this is too fun

bpuodt

lame cliche jokes... worthless

crumb
    yeah so that new rockshox is cool

Giant STP 06
    Quote Originally Posted by saviorself
    yeah so that new rockshox is cool
    yes, i think so too

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    agreed, other than the fact that it's covered in advertising. i like to compleetly strip the decals from my bike.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    its nice but sadly to say your description is inaccurate, I have ridden the frok and its called the seymore (sp?) it is the best feeling frok I have EVER ridden, it has what appear to be 38mm stanchions not 40 and had adjustable U turn travel 6-8 inches. the sticker job was ryder kasprick himself. I got to ride with these guys and needless to say it was awesome. pick up the latest decline, when they hit up C springs, adn then check out krazykow.com to see us hitting all the stuff they do in the magazine, just a lot less cool.
    style is everything more like style is... keaton likes sausage.
    Scratchy Rat Racing more like stupid Rediculous Rectum.

I hate keaton and joey but love them so much at the same time

LOWER YOUR SADDLES FOR SATAN

bpuodt
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8kid33
    its nice but sadly to say your description is inaccurate, I have ridden the frok and its called the seymore (sp?) it is the best feeling frok I have EVER ridden, it has what appear to be 38mm stanchions not 40 and had adjustable U turn travel 6-8 inches. the sticker job was ryder kasprick himself. I got to ride with these guys and needless to say it was awesome. pick up the latest decline, when they hit up C springs, adn then check out krazykow.com to see us hitting all the stuff they do in the magazine, just a lot less cool.
    Uturn huh? Cool!

What about motion control damping?

What other forks does it compare to? What forks have you ridden that feel inferior to the new RS fork?

I can't imagine a better North Shore fork! sweet....

mtbr member
    May 2004
    it does have motion control, and I imagine some levels of it won't have u turn but the one I rode did. and I do not know if you have had the pleasure of riding the 06 boxxers which feel like a biger smoother quieter pike. and the 07 feels about like that but maybe even better. but there is no noise like on marzocchis and I like that.

crumb
    yeah i was just repeating what it said in the atricle on nsmb. ive never seen it

Beer Swilling Clyde

looks like you spend more time in front of your computer than you do on the trails, I've got a small post count but I've got more than enough experience on the trail to back my sh!t up

Me hates pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by Micnap
    Who gives a rat's ass how many posts he has under his belt? His time in front of a keyboard has no bearing with this or any other post. He made a valid point.
    very true

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yeah I just heard that info from the decline guys

mtbr member
    If the production models are simply big pikes (motion control and coil u-turn) they're going to be spectacular. I really thing sram/RS has a good line of single crowns going now, and as I keep saying, an adaptable system to forks of all sizes.

Bum Buzzer

Wandered off to find more nonsense.

Learn the difference between *YOUR OPINION* and fact.

Large stachion SC? Hanebrink had 40+ mm stanchions 5 years ago. It is irrelevant who was first; waulity and performance are what matters.

A 36 is not better than a 66, a 66 is not better than a 36 -- they have different characteristics which make their ideal application somewhat different, but both have some serious performance to offer.

As for things being better performing 'out of the box' - also irrelevant; *I* am always going to check and tune my equipment, initially and regularly. If you want the convenience of, or expect things to 'just work', out of the box - you willl never see them perform to their potential. A boxxer, 888 or 40 - none is Best, just different.

The 888 was *NOT* designed as a hucker fork. You can argue that the cheaper versions without the adjustments (R/VF/VF2) are the hucker forks because Hucking needs cushion - racing needs suspension (not absolutely - good damping is always a help) - EG: Compare A Super T 03 to a Junior T 03 - same structure - but the Super is so amazingly much better at speed - at suspension - while the Junior saves you a pile and will more than take the big singlke hits. (I used 03 as example because Super had 2 HSCV Carts (Same as shiver) the diff in performance in 04+ between Super and Junior were minimized by using one SSV cart)

650 yay area
    once again a certain someones mouth is going to require surgical removal from the nuts of fox racing shox

mtbr member
    Yeah, this fox groupie needs to realize that nobody listens to what he has to say about suspension anymore. He has ruined his credability. Living in the SF Bay Area, near Santa Cruz, I hear a lot of Fox biased noise. (fox is based in santa cruz)

mtbr remember
    wow, some worthless propaganda.... My Ford cleveland V8 will beat the piss out of your little Chevy LT1 always blowin' the rings, I've seen so many more Dodges than Fords in the shop by my uncles house.... c'mon, seriously... get a job in politics...

anyway, that frickin' RS Bazooka would probably make my chromoly frame look like it's made out of chopsticks!!! I'd definetly like to check one out for sure though, w/ u-turn, and motion control, sounds sick. If Fox made a Van36 w/ some sort of travel adjust I'd be all over it.... and as for all 66's being for FR/DH - just take a look at the warning stickers on the 66SL.. "not for FRX or DH use, etc." (same w/ Talas36 I believe, but I could be wrong)
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    it does have motion control, and I imagine some levels of it won't have u turn but the one I rode did. and I do not know if you have had the pleasure of riding the 06 boxxers which feel like a biger smoother quieter pike. and the 07 feels about like that but maybe even better. but there is no noise like on marzocchis and I like that.
    Did it have a 1 1/8 or 1.5 steerer tube? Looks the goods.

Innovate or die!
    aggggg bloody hell stop bringing back the old posts...........

btw those are proto juicys, i dont understand why they need to change them tho?
    170mm profile crankset, silver king headset barely used, new blackspire chainguide, old version hope mini brakes---- all for sale at i-wanna-get-rid-of-it prices. I'm gone all of july after the 10th, other than that PM me if interested.

Members who have read this thread: 0