2007 Reign2, can it handle lite FR?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

2007 Reign2, can it handle lite FR?

I can get a good deal on a new reign2 frame with with float air shock, can it handle lite FR and DH, or should I look for something else? I'm 170lbs

squish is good
    Yup. It can do all that no problem. If you want to burl up the rear suspension a bit you can look for a pre-07 Fox Vanilla coil shock, it'll fit fine.
    Bike good, work bad.

should know better.....
    I have an '06 Reign 2. I feel the Reigns are extremely capable. The head angle is a little too steep for crazy DH. but for light FR, it is awesome. I put a Fox 36 on mine and it has felt very balanced. It rides skinnies very well, and gets up to the top better than you can think is possible for such a good descender. Mine has served me well at Diablo, hitting some of the good sized groomed drops, maybe up to 10-12 feet, and has survived our local bike-hell which is Indian Ledges in Trumbull, CT which has more drops to flat, ranging from 2-6 feet than you can count. The one thing to watch for is play developing in the upper bearings of the shock rocker arm, if they get loose, the others all seem to go very quickly. When I replaced mine (with Enduro Max's which are the way to go) both of the upper bearings had shattered ball bearings in them. Mind you, I beat the hell out of that bike, and am a little too casual about maintenance. Couldn't be a bigger fan of the Maestro system. I went out and bought an '08 Glory 1 FR, so the Reign will get a reprieve from being my "do it all "ride, but I am definitely gonna keep it.

jones'in
    Can you get a deal on a ReignX? It's very FR capable and it makes a pretty decent trail bike too. It's my main bike and I generally ride 80% heave AM/trail and 20% FR.

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

StraightOuttaCompton
    ya, my friend had one and beat it to shiat, but it still is intact, other than the front rim(stocker is junk), or just not made for FR.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Members who have read this thread: 0