2007 azonic frames- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    Reputation: themarsvolta55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,300

  2. #2
    -> SickLines.com <-
    Reputation: mtb_biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,196
    you're missing a few of the others



  3. #3
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    man sweet............
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    287
    I love that B-52 frame

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    729
    those all look sick.i like the revenge...but hmm...well at first i thought maybe a slopestyle frame but the azonic site say xc?
    so this is how you add a signature!!

  6. #6
    kona-tize me captain
    Reputation: austinb89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,117
    wow, those looks soo good. i really liek the B-52 like i said though last year aroudn this time of the year. i hate it ill still be buyign products that came otu 2 years before these, whys mtnbiking have to be so dam expsensive
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    54
    i have that same steelhead. the black with the stickers. i really like that green one tho.
    98% of people on forums like these dont care about statistics like this. If you are part of the 2%, go play in traffic.

  8. #8
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by harris
    i have that same steelhead. the black with the stickers. i really like that green one tho.
    yeah the green looks hot
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    63

    Huh?

    Azonic Revenge=Ibex Atlas?

  10. #10
    izumusx988
    Reputation: vpjackal989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by archertc
    Azonic Revenge=Ibex Atlas?
    probably ordered them from the same cheap tiawanese catalog
    -Rob

    Northeast Sovereign racing - Morewood bikes-maxxis-hayes-e13

  11. #11
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by archertc
    Azonic Revenge=Ibex Atlas?
    Yeah, I don't see a difference..
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  12. #12
    kona-tize me captain
    Reputation: austinb89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,117
    does anyone else see those creepy hands holding the frames up haha
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by archertc
    Azonic Revenge=Ibex Atlas?
    Might be, but the geometries listed are different.

  14. #14
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by zutroy
    Might be, but the geometries listed are different.
    actually the general geos for both are the same 69* HA and 72* SA.


    what I think is more interesting, is the Azonic frame is almost $900, whereas the Ibex can be bought for @ $600.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    actually the general geos for both are the same 69* HA and 72* SA.


    what I think is more interesting, is the Azonic frame is almost $900, whereas the Ibex can be bought for @ $600.

    Yeah you're right the Ibex website pull up the wrong geometry on the frame.

    Azonic is saying Alcoa 7005 tubing and Ibex is saying 6069.

  16. #16
    izumusx988
    Reputation: vpjackal989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    919
    Companies like azonic order there frames though pre-made tiawanese companys ibex probly bought the same set of frames, and painted them different.
    -Rob

    Northeast Sovereign racing - Morewood bikes-maxxis-hayes-e13

  17. #17
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    actually the general geos for both are the same 69* HA and 72* SA.


    what I think is more interesting, is the Azonic frame is almost $900, whereas the Ibex can be bought for @ $600.

    300 for the name
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  18. #18
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    300 for the name
    don't forget the cool paint
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  19. #19
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    don't forget the cool paint
    yeah everything cost money
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  20. #20
    Company CSR
    Reputation: ibexbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    300 for the name
    Someone on one of the 3 or 4 threads going now about the Azonic frame mentioned that their price is without rear shock.
    Looking at Azonic's website it was unclear to me whether it came with a shock as shown in their photo or not. I couldn't
    identify the shock shown, but I'm going to assume the info posted is correct anyway. If so, we're really talking a much
    bigger difference than $300.

    Our standard "direct" pricing will be $700 with a Manitou Split RP shock or $900 with their new Evolver ISX-4 SPV shock.
    In either case you can get $100 discount if you order one now for shipping after the 1st of the year when they come in.
    Anyway, I'd guess the retail on the Evolver will run in the $500, maybe $600 range and the Split should be around $300.
    Obviously you're getting a better deal on the shock when you buy it with the frame as there is no way we could sell these
    frames sans shock for $300 or $400. Since we don't really retail the shocks separately, I'm not absolute on my retail figures
    for them. If I'm even close to being right, then the idea of buying the Azonic frame and adding a shock like the Evolver puts
    you into the $1400-$1500 area.

    So, I think I can pretty safely say that we'd save you more like $500-$600 on that scenario. Better still, take a look at what
    you get in a complete bike package from us. Frankly I do not think you could buy the components without frame for what
    we sell the whole bike for.

    Jack A.
    IBEX Bicycles
    IBEX Bicycles Company CSR

    www.ibexbikes.com

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    234
    Per MBA Magazine the Azonic Revenge price includes the frame and shock

  22. #22
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by ibexbikes
    Someone on one of the 3 or 4 threads going now about the Azonic frame mentioned that their price is without rear shock.
    Looking at Azonic's website it was unclear to me whether it came with a shock as shown in their photo or not. I couldn't
    identify the shock shown, but I'm going to assume the info posted is correct anyway. If so, we're really talking a much
    bigger difference than $300.

    Our standard "direct" pricing will be $700 with a Manitou Split RP shock or $900 with their new Evolver ISX-4 SPV shock.
    In either case you can get $100 discount if you order one now for shipping after the 1st of the year when they come in.
    Anyway, I'd guess the retail on the Evolver will run in the $500, maybe $600 range and the Split should be around $300.
    Obviously you're getting a better deal on the shock when you buy it with the frame as there is no way we could sell these
    frames sans shock for $300 or $400. Since we don't really retail the shocks separately, I'm not absolute on my retail figures
    for them. If I'm even close to being right, then the idea of buying the Azonic frame and adding a shock like the Evolver puts
    you into the $1400-$1500 area.

    So, I think I can pretty safely say that we'd save you more like $500-$600 on that scenario. Better still, take a look at what
    you get in a complete bike package from us. Frankly I do not think you could buy the components without frame for what
    we sell the whole bike for.

    Jack A.
    IBEX Bicycles
    Shock comes with the azonic
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  23. #23
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    My B52 first impression.....the bike looks nice butthe head angle is built steeper for a single crown fork......even with an 888 it seems too steep....it just felt real weird
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: misctwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,034
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    My B52 first impression.....the bike looks nice butthe head angle is built steeper for a single crown fork......even with an 888 it seems too steep....it just felt real weird

    you're just used to the 66degs...and yes there is such a thing as too slacked out...

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    My B52 first impression.....the bike looks nice butthe head angle is built steeper for a single crown fork......even with an 888 it seems too steep....it just felt real weird


    have you ridden/seen one in person?

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    300 for the name

    Actually, IBEX sells direct, where as Azonic sells to dealers. Difference is $300 to your SHOP, not for the name. Company's are making roughy the same margin on the frames.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtber721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19
    i bought the green steelhead frame new for 150 bucks(!!!!!!!!) and the only thing rong with it is the derailleur hanger. it breaks all the time and nobody sells them. i live in mountains so if i make it single speed then i might have trouble going to the top to where the jumps are GRRRRRRRR im mad

  28. #28
    EastBaySteez
    Reputation: Freerydejunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,726
    Looks oddly the same....
    <a href="https://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/132132/ATLAS-PRO-FRM-960.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a>

    <a href="https://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/132132/azonic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a>
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

  29. #29
    the goose is loose!
    Reputation: rm_racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,276
    that b52 looks like the new KHS freeride bike....

  30. #30
    StraightOuttaCompton
    Reputation: Djponee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,145
    these are old news, but still so sick looking.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4
    ordered a b52 last week. should be in soon, will be happy to anser any questions.

  32. #32
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,117
    Quote Originally Posted by rm_racer
    that b52 looks like the new KHS freeride bike....
    I think its the other way around

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: igotbanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    465
    obviously, the difference is that the ibex comes with a seat collar, but the azonic doesn't......thats were the 300 dollar difference is from. duh

  34. #34
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,513
    Quote Originally Posted by igotbanned
    obviously, the difference is that the ibex comes with a seat collar, but the azonic doesn't......thats were the 300 dollar difference is from. duh
    the ibex also uses 6061 aluminium instead of 7005 and comes with an ISX4 instead of the swingerx3 on the revenge and the Ibex has a stiffer rear triangle with a reinforcement built in between the swingarm... The Ibex is a way better deal... and the bike just plain shreds

    https://ibexbikes.com/Bikes/ATLAS-PRO-FRM-Details.html


  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    22
    He guys, i just recently got meself an b52 frame. The first impression is super, the head angle is steep [67 degrees] but my old bike had the same head angle. The internetsite i bought it from sold it whit an manitou swinger 4 way. There are some nice details suce as an headtube ready for deep insert headsets and outer cable routing for one long cable. I run it whit an 2007 rc2x 66 and it looks killer in white. Only haven,t ridden it yet. Will be doing that in the spring [shitty weather over here]. Only the normol parkinglot test.

  36. #36
    Bum Buzzer
    Reputation: Huck Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,988
    KHS is selling what appears to be that same frame as well, not on the site yet. Saw a review but cant seem to locate. Not def the same, but looks like it.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    260
    I have a question about sizes or the revenge.
    the largest frame they have is an 18.5.

    Are there any 5'11" riders out there comfortable on the revenge

    XC riders)

  38. #38
    I gotta pee
    Reputation: Dynamatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck Banzai
    KHS is selling what appears to be that same frame as well, not on the site yet. Saw a review but cant seem to locate. Not def the same, but looks like it.

    It is the same bike as the b-52, its the khs lucky-7 and its got a pretty decent build for a $2500msrp bike. I saw a couple khs guys last year racing at southridge and i was pretty impressed but it makes sense becuase its a b-52. Theres a thread in here from about a month ago. lurk it

  39. #39
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,513
    Quote Originally Posted by refreshinglygood
    I have a question about sizes or the revenge.
    the largest frame they have is an 18.5.

    Are there any 5'11" riders out there comfortable on the revenge

    XC riders)
    Ibex still has their 20.5" still in stock...
    https://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/ATLA...M-Details.html


Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.