2005 boXXer World Cup vs 02 super t- Mtbr.com
    e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    just a skewer, and my rear hub has been fine
    i just thinkg the boxxer has sex appeal imo

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by themarsvolta55
    i have an 02 super t on my weyless 67 and works real good, but im always looking for a new, more " up to date" fork. and i came across a 05 boxxer wc for 500. the guy says its only ridden once. but what do you think the pros/ cons of switching my T to a WC. what adjustments does the boxxer have ( the RS website doesent have 05 products, only 06 i think) lots of people say that the boxxer is bad, but havent even ridden it. but for the people who have, what does it feel like/ perform like. this is a pic of what my bike looks like right now with the super t
    hey what rear axle system are u runnin on your outlaws? and do u have any problems with the rear hub hub coming loose?

and i dont know how the 05 wc boxxer is but you can get a brand new never ridden 2004 marzocchi super t for the same price from some of these mail order places....
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

2005 boXXer World Cup vs 02 super t

i have an 02 super t on my weyless 67 and works real good, but im always looking for a new, more " up to date" fork. and i came across a 05 boxxer wc for 500. the guy says its only ridden once. but what do you think the pros/ cons of switching my T to a WC. what adjustments does the boxxer have ( the RS website doesent have 05 products, only 06 i think) lots of people say that the boxxer is bad, but havent even ridden it. but for the people who have, what does it feel like/ perform like. this is a pic of what my bike looks like right now with the super t
    Attached Images Attached Images

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    just a skewer, and my rear hub has been fine
    i just thinkg the boxxer has sex appeal imo
    not "made in italy" sex appeal
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

i dont want to sound lazy but i enjoyed the super t because i havent done any matenience on it expect for oil change now and then. people say that you need to do alot of matenince on the boxxer's. idk thats what iv heard

what kind of matenence do you need to do to it and how the hell do you spell matenience!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    not "made in italy" sex appeal
    i dont understand nate

No longer riding a haro!
    Aug 2004
    05 boxxer wc > 02 Super T!

Buy it, thats a good deal!
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much space.

Meh.
    "not "made in italy" sex appeal"

Marzocchi's are made in Italy, Rockshox is not.

Skip the Boxxer. Go on ebay. You can get a new 888 for 550 bucks. You can get a new 66RC for around 500. o2 Shiver DC for around 300. o4 Super T for around 300 o2 or o3 Monster T for around 300. New Sherman Sliders can be had for 450. You can get the WC new on ebay for 400 to 450 if you really want it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    despite what ppl say boxxers are not bad forks. except the stock 03's which had bad spiking problems as the result of bad dampening systems, but even that was easily upgraded. they are not the best big drop forks but the do a great job on everything else and the wc's are uber-plush. in the end it doesn't really matter, if u find a better deal on a superT go for it cus that's an awesome fork too. my buddy has some sherman sliders that ride like butter but he's kind of a wuss so i don't know about the durability on em.

N* Bomber Crew
    Im caught in a similar situation myself. I currently own a Marzocchi Z150 DO. I was offered a Manitou Dorado for the trade of my fork plus some extra cash. Although I really do want a Dorado, the maintanince aspect of it drives me away.

I think that COULD be the case with the Boxxer too. Forks like the Boxxer and Dorado seem like they need to be rebuilt every so often, and frequent maintanince is needed. This may not be true, but to me...I absolutley hate working with forks. If the caps to the internals come off in my garage with me working on my fork, chances are the fork will never seem the same.

Yeah the forks are very, very nice, but to me it just seems like more maintanince and issues that the average biker can handle. If maintanince is your thing and you know what you are doing then hey, it might be fun.

My aspect ratio is this: Save your 500 dollars and save up for a new 06 Marzocchi. There are so many to choose from, its hard to go wrong. I mean...you CAN call my Marzocchi fanboy, but I just HATE working with forks.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i'd go for the Boxxer WC, i'd ride one of them anyday over my 888, not that the 888 is a bad fork, just overrated really lol.

what do you guys think of the manitou sherman slider CAMO version ( camo is the hottest). is there a year of the fork that i should stay away from? people say the spv valving is super sweet for pedaling
    any thoughts

N* Bomber Crew
    what do you guys think of the manitou sherman slider CAMO version ( camo is the hottest). is there a year of the fork that i should stay away from? people say the spv valving is super sweet for pedaling
    any thoughts
    I was thinking of getting the Slider....its a good fork but for the price its a ripoff. (800 dollars?) You could buy a new 05 Boxxer Team for the price of the Slider. (Would ride a Boxxer over slider)

If you want deal, buy a 05 66RC for 500 dollars. Appears tougher than a WC, 02 Super T, and possibly Slider.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    I was thinking of getting the Slider....its a good fork but for the price its a ripoff. (800 dollars?) You could buy a new 05 Boxxer Team for the price of the Slider. (Would ride a Boxxer over slider)

If you want deal, buy a 05 66RC for 500 dollars. Appears tougher than a WC, 02 Super T, and possibly Slider.
    Look on ebay. Shermans don't show up on ebay as often as other forks, but they can usually be had for pretty cheap.

Glad to Be Alive
    yo mars volt.....change the oil in the super T and keep riding it...think about how much maintenance you have done on the super T....Marzocchi rules...save your cash

PM me if you buy boxxer...I just might buy your Super T
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Meh.
    What's with the pedals on your bike? I just noticed that.

Doesnt ride Banshees
    The people own boxxers, like them. And chances are its because they are in denial after the money they spent. I have honestly never felt a boxxer i liked. You know that sticky non-broken in feeling you get with a brand new fork? Imagine that ALL THE TIME. I like my bikes to ride nice, which is why i wont buy one of those forks. Just my opinion.

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    www.jensonusa.com has sherman slider + for like $389
    Opportunity awaits those that are worthy....
    Photamagrapher---http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=244688

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    What is wrong with you! The 99 boxxer would blow your marzocchi out of the water. The 05 world cup is the envy of any rider who knows their **** and you are lucky to get one for so cheap.

V10 Freerider
    Quote Originally Posted by jibnasty
    What is wrong with you! The 99 boxxer would blow your marzocchi out of the water. The 05 world cup is the envy of any rider who knows their **** and you are lucky to get one for so cheap.
    Quantify blow it out of the water??? It all depends on what you are going to do with the bike?

I currently ride a 02 super T and love it but would have to try a boxxer WC for that kind of $$$
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

V10 Freerider
    Sorry, double post...
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

mostly freeriding, biggest drop ill ever do is 20 ft, and downhilling, at mount snow, and diablo

Meh.
    By blow it out of the water... Do you mean blow up the fork? I definitely know my sh!t. I do a lot of custom suspension work. Revalving, tuning, rebuilds, etc. On bikes and MX bikes. Stock internals in a Boxxer? They feel like crap. It doesn't matter how you tune it. If you get new internals dropped in by Mojo... that's a different story. I also heard that PUSH did some work for some team with Boxxer forks. It's a nice platform, no doubt, but it's poorly executed.

mtbr member
    You got told by Zink.

Is this thread a joke? Would you really have to even think about which fork is better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by free-rider_down-hiller
    www.jensonusa.com has sherman slider + for like $389
    Its QR........what a piece/

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenschwinn
    Quantify blow it out of the water??? It all depends on what you are going to do with the bike?

I currently ride a 02 super T and love it but would have to try a boxxer WC for that kind of $$$
    There is nothing to quantify. The boxxer is the best fork because it was bred from racing and its develop program dwarfs any other companies research attemps. It is better for everything else because it is stiff, strong, but not overkill to kill the light weight. Ive dropped 30 feet on a boxxer and never had as much as a blown seal. Dont fall into the marketing of marzocchi because they claim to be freeride forks. Your forks extra weight doesnt make it stronger. Gareth Dyer broke a 7 pound single crown they developed for him doing nothing big.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    By blow it out of the water... Do you mean blow up the fork? I definitely know my sh!t. I do a lot of custom suspension work. Revalving, tuning, rebuilds, etc. On bikes and MX bikes. Stock internals in a Boxxer? They feel like crap. It doesn't matter how you tune it. If you get new internals dropped in by Mojo... that's a different story. I also heard that PUSH did some work for some team with Boxxer forks. It's a nice platform, no doubt, but it's poorly executed.
    You have the ugliest bike ive ever seen.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I think the WC has low and high speed compression adjustments, which the Super T doesn't.

I like air!
    These posts always go the same way. If you ask what is the best fork or best frame, people will always say whatever they have is the best. And 90% of the people that respond probably havent ridden both forks to compare and the 10% that have are used to what they have or have it dialed in the way they like so they still like what they have best. So opinions are so biased when you ask which is better. Now if you asked which could handle larger drops or which was a better race fork you might get some better (more qualified) answers.

I can tell you I have a 04 Boxxer Team and I like it a lot. It feels better then my buddies 888 but thats because I set the springs the way I like, adjusted the rebound to my preference and change the oil every 5 rides and seals every 10 rides (not because I have to, but I choose to) . My buddy on the other hand never touched his fork since the day he got it. Changing the oil and seals takes 15 minutes and the directions that Rock Shox has on their site is pretty easy to understand.

Someone above mentioned that Boxxers have a sticky non-broken in feeling. Thats not true if the fork is working properly.
    Last edited by milhouse; 09-07-2005 at 03:27 PM.

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by milhouse
    These posts always go the same way. If you ask what is the best fork or best frame, people will always say whatever they have is the best. And 90% of the people that respond probably havent ridden both forks to compare and the 10% that have are used to what they have or have it dialed in the way they like so they still like what they have best. So opinions are so biased when you ask which is better. Now if you asked which could handle larger drops or which was a better race fork you might get some better (more qualified) answers.

I can tell you I have a 04 Boxxer Team and I like it a lot. It feels better then my buddies 888 but thats because I set the springs the way I like, adjusted the rebound to my preference and change the oil every 5 rides and seals every 10 rides. My buddy on the other hand never touched his fork since the day he got it. Changing the oil and seals takes 15 minutes and the directions that Rock Shox has on their site is pretty easy to understand.

Someone above mentioned that Boxxers have a sticky non-broken in feeling. Thats not true if the fork is working properly.

awesome response... thankyou

mtbr member
    save that cash ride the supa t and get a 06 frame this fall/winter. the frame is the weak point not your fork. think of it this way. you have 500 now. in a few months you may have twice that. sell the weyless for 400 and theres a new 06 ride.
    you say your always lookin for a newer fork. but your frame is not even as nice as the super t. the chassis makes the bike.

Meh.
    You have the ugliest bike ive ever seen.
    Which one of my bikes is ugly? Aesthetics have never been a big deal for me anyways, as long as it runs well and is durable.

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    save that cash ride the supa t and get a 06 frame this fall/winter. the frame is the weak point not your fork. think of it this way. you have 500 now. in a few months you may have twice that. sell the weyless for 400 and theres a new 06 ride.
    you say your always lookin for a newer fork. but your frame is not even as nice as the super t. the chassis makes the bike.
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by milhouse
    Good point!

my frame is fine for now, its when, and if it will, break, then its a problem

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    Have you ridden a 67?

yeah dont make a response if you havent ridden the frame