2004 v10 dropouts- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

2004 v10 dropouts

Apparently Santa Cruz does not make the 135 qr dropouts for the early 04 (older frame design) anymore. I bent the derailer side dropout on mine and dont have the cash to drop the 400 bucks to upgrade to 150 mm hub and dropouts......so, does anyone happen to have some 135 qr dropouts they wanna get rid of? Or possibly have the 150 mm hub and dropouts?

Thanks,
    EZ

Cynical Bystander
    I know someone local that has the same bike (03) who's selling it. I'm sure you could get the dropouts from him but it might have to include the whole frame.

Or, there's an 03 frame with 150mm and hub on RM for $600....

Just suggestions if you can't figure it out.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy_J
    Apparently Santa Cruz does not make the 135 qr dropouts for the early 04 (older frame design) anymore. I bent the derailer side dropout on mine and dont have the cash to drop the 400 bucks to upgrade to 150 mm hub and dropouts......so, does anyone happen to have some 135 qr dropouts they wanna get rid of? Or possibly have the 150 mm hub and dropouts?

Thanks,
    EZ
    Thats ******** SC would quit making a part like that. I'll keep my eyes peeled on RM, and theres surely to be someone with a few extra lieing around.
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Thats ******** SC would quit making a part like that. I'll keep my eyes peeled on RM, and theres surely to be someone with a few extra lieing around.
    Well he could always try and get them to upgrade frames on him, I mean when people started breaking Super8s SC didn't have the parts in production anymore so they started upgrading people. Atleast that's what I seem to remember people saying...dunno.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

V10 Freerider
    I have been worried about this very issue with mine...
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    No worries, it looks like my shop was wrong.... I just got this e-mail from Santa Cruz

"hello and a good day to you. we have in stock the non-drive side QR 135mm
    dropouts and waiting on the next batch."

It looks like they are still gonna support those dropouts. I may order an extra one just to have it available. The guys from Santa Cruz have been great on this issue.

EZJ

Glad to Be Alive

Thanks,
    EZ
    i year old bike and no parts.....fuc that...I would be calling SC and asking for a 2005 frame (for free)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

V10 Freerider
    No worries, it looks like my shop was wrong.... I just got this e-mail from Santa Cruz

It looks like they are still gonna support those dropouts. I may order an extra one just to have it available. The guys from Santa Cruz have been great on this issue.

EZJ
    What was the cost on those? If you don't mind me asking?
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenschwinn
    What was the cost on those? If you don't mind me asking?
    I havent heard back yet, but I will let you know as soon as I find out. Prolly pm you on the Rogue forum.

ez

Glad to Be Alive

EZJ
    good for year...I mean 1 year sounds too early to stop making them
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days