2004 Kona Coiler Crankset Question???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2004 Kona Coiler Crankset Question???

I recently stripped out my treads on one of my cranks due to my peddle being loose. Now I need to replace my whole crankset. Will a Truvativ Hussefelt Crankset 175MM ISIS 22 32 with BASH GUARD work? Anybody please help!! Thanks!
    Break your face ridin, then ride some more! Ill bring the beer!

Glad to Be Alive
    take your crank to a machine shop and have them insert a helicoil or something.....

make sure you tell them direction of threads (different sides pedals tighten and loosen differently.....30or 40 bucks ought to cover it

ask your local bike shop if they can do it (mostly they will want to sell you a new crank and tell you that won't work above, but I have a friend that did that to his crank 3 years ago and that is an xc bike that gets hammered pedaling all the time....

bottom line...take to machine shop
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oh ok! Thanks for the info. I was actually wondering if I could do that. My bike currently has raceface xc's for the crankset. It seems to have really soft metal for the material. Im just wondering if I should replace them anyways. But I will give this a shot first! Thanks again!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Which side is it on? chain side or non chain side?

mtbr member
    Chain side

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I just bought new cranks for my Coiler and don't have a use for my old cranks so if you want I can send them to you. The non chain side is warped, but the chain side is fine and the BB is still good. I think they are the same cranks (Race Face Ride XC).

I wont be able to send them to you until I get my new ones and the tools to take them off though.

mtbr member
    For $110 i would go buy a Race Face Ride DH crank at PricePoint and don't worry about it again.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail.htm...ype%20Crankset

my $.02
    Beer, a Pork Chop in every can!

Members who have read this thread: 0