2000 Z1 Qr20- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2000 Z1 Qr20

flat pedal rider

Idea! 2000 Z1 Qr20

I have an older 2000 Mazoc Z1 QR20, anyone know if you can use the QR20 hub with any other thru-axle forks? I'll post a pic later we need some clarification.
    Intense for Life

www.intensecycles.com

www.the pedalsmith.com

mtbr member
    It's just a standard 20mm through axle hub, so it'll work with any other 20mm fork. You just have to take the Marz. axle out, and use the one that came with the other fork.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    It depends on the vintage of the hub. The original QR20 axles were slightly under 20mm, as I found out a few years ago when broke my quick release. The new QR20 axle would not fit so I had to transfer the new QR into to old axle. A standard 20mm axle will not fit in my Y2K WTB QR20 hub; I've tried. But, at some point they changed the design to fit standard 20mm axles.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squidley Diddley
    It depends on the vintage of the hub. The original QR20 axles were slightly under 20mm, as I found out a few years ago when broke my quick release. The new QR20 axle would not fit so I had to transfer the new QR into to old axle. A standard 20mm axle will not fit in my Y2K WTB QR20 hub; I've tried. But, at some point they changed the design to fit standard 20mm axles.
    Interesting. I've got an '01 Dirt Jumper 1. It's axle really is 20mm.

Members who have read this thread: 0