2.4" VS 2.25"Advantages- true sizing- Mtbr.com
    Roll on Spring Time!

2.4" VS 2.25"Advantages- true sizing

I have read the reports of the 2.4" Advantages being really tall and care should be taken for fitting the rear for certain frames. A 2.4" Big Betty fits snug on my wildcard, how does the Advantage compare to the BB. I am happy to run a 2.25" if it is the same size as a 2.35" minion and I would actualy prefer it for my trail wheelset as I have the BB for rockier trails. Maxxis sizing is all over the place.

J'aime le Dunkeld
    I've got a 2.1 advantage rear, 2.35 minion front on my hardtail. In terms of width they're pretty much exactly the same, about 54/55mm wide on 823s. Looking at it side on the advantage is maybe a touch taller, but not anything noticable. So yea, the advantage runs pretty big for its stated size compared to minions...

maker of trail
    I put 2.4 advantages on my wifey's bike, on some obscure fairly narrow rims, I can measure those when I get home if you want.

From memory they seem about the same, may be a touch bigger, than the 2.5 Minions I have on my bike. They didn't look overly tall or anything either.

Members who have read this thread: 0