2.4 rubber queen tyres for DH ???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2.4 rubber queen tyres for DH ???

Hi to everybody
    does anybody use continental rubber queen tyres on his DH bike ?
    Are good for downhill?
    The weight is very good less that 900gr i am not a ripper so i think that they will suit nice on my DH bike !

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Working great for me so far. I've had mine for a few months now.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I have the UST models and the weight's closer to 1100 grams. I've got a new one that's been asking to go on the big bike for sure just to see...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

biking is fun
    Im running a 2.4 ust front and rear and don't like them on the front. They seem to wash easier than most tires. My cornering confidence has gone down greatly due to these babies.

I don't mind it on the rear though. they roll really fast and get decent enough braking traction. I think im going to leave it on the rear and get a Schwalbe muddy mary for the front.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    A decent high volume rear tire for AM or FR. Reasonably good traction, rolls well, and breaks loose predictably in the rear. I agree with Bubba, tends to washout in the front. As Cliffy said, the UST is no lightweight at 1100 grams.

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot
    I think i am gonna for some 2.5 minions

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    yeah I guess I should have mentioned that too. I'm only using one in the rear , also the UST version. Running a Minion DHF UST out front.

maker of trail
    Have been running them (well trail kings) front and back for a little while now, they have seen some pretty messy conditions and have done pretty well.

As mentioned, they roll deceptively fast and grab very well in pretty much everything but deep mud. The front doesn't hold as well as a super tacky DHF, but the massive reduction in effort to make my bike go fast means its unlikely I'll ever mount the minions again.

Regarding the front washout feeling... I've noticed that too, its weird though, they "let go" a little, feels kinda squirrelly, but they don't just let go, they slip, and then hang on deceptively well.

Basically I had a couple of near washouts that I was sure I was going down, but somehow I didn't...

Still I think a I'm going to try a der kaiser for the front and leave the RQ on the rear.

Oh, So Interesting!
    I run them f/r on my trail bike for 2 years now. They are as good as any tire out there, IMO, and sometimes are better than a DHF 3C, sometimes not... depends on conditions. They are fast rolling and last 5x as long as a Maxxis ST. Good sidewalls and pinch flat resistance.

But, they are a little light for dh, I'd go with the Kaisers.... unless the course wasn't as demanding, then the light weight and fast rolling might be a bigger advantage.

biking is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by essenmeinstuff

Regarding the front washout feeling... I've noticed that too, its weird though, they "let go" a little, feels kinda squirrelly, but they don't just let go, they slip, and then hang on deceptively well.

Basically I had a couple of near washouts that I was sure I was going down, but somehow I didn't... .
    Yeah id agree with this. As mine wear more and more they seem to be letting go more often though. It almost seems like russian roulette, You never know which time it will hold or wash out completely...