18 inches of damn snow!!!!!!- Mtbr.com
    Can't get right...

18 inches of damn snow!!!!!!

Here in nyc we got about 18 inches of snow and some more crappy weather predicted for the next few days.No riding. The dirtjumps at Bethpage just got plowed flat last weekend.No riding . The skate parks are covered w/ snow or damn sk8ers.No riding. Plattekilll & Mtn Creek dont open 4 months.No riding. Im starting to go really nuts. Thank god the playoffs are on today and i got a fat bag of greens and lots o beer. Next week me and 3 friends are headed to Raysmtb in Ohio. Driving 8 hrs to ride indoors is what its come down to...... might have to move somewhere warmer. Sorry 4 the useless rant. Enjoy the playoffs guys. Time to go shovel......
    I watch the O.C. cause it makes me happy...

If misery was money i'd be the richest man on the planet.

VIA
    banned
    Hey man... do I know you.... I ride with the BBR guys... I been in BP few times too... I done that 'big drop' tons of times... did we ever meet...I have a DeVinci with a red frok.

BTW... the weather SUCKS here..

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

NYC is colder then my ex wife

The wind and the snow. I look at my bike and want to ride but it is not possible in this weather. Man I miss California at this time of year.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I here you here in CT we have about 20". It blows ass. But on the flip side it has warmed up a little, you know from like 0 degrees to 32-34 degrees. That is a little more barable. Well I am off to get the chainsaw out and do some more trail building...yes in the snow. Why not? If I can't ride I might as well build something cool that I can when it gets nice out. Go Patriots!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    15 inches and counting where I live in CT.
    My Siberian Husky does not seem to mind!

Cynical Bystander
    Its about 60 right now out here in Colorado. We haven't hardly had any snow all winter which sucks. And the mountains haven't gotten anything for the past few weeks. Half the resorts (atleast in mid-north CO) have under 50" bases which is way too low this time of year.

Anyways, I think I might go hitup some urban or dh today. I can't decide which.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Merrrrjig
    Jan 2004
    Man im deciding where to ride, its 75 here with bright skies!, I live in the OC

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    so not fair...

Can I be Sancho instead?
    Yestarday, it was windy as could be here...20 - 30mph winds. It was also like some was holding ice cubes on my nipples....really freaking cold. Today it's just cold...was debating on the ride, but now hearing that some of you guys are getting snowed in...i guess i should feel fortunate to get away with only being cold.
    '04 Specialized P.2
    '04 Specialized RockHopper

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    it only snowed about 7 in. of loose powder here in bergen county yesterday. if this happened tonight, there wouldn't be school tomorrow, a wasted snowday

oh well, once the snow compresses a little, i'll be makin snow jumps since ive got a long driveway wil a slope
    Straight outta Compton..............

Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

DREAM THEATER

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well, up here in Duluth, eh, we got 20 inches over Friday and saturday...my hand is busted so if I can't ride you guys can't ride either!!! Anywhoo, the snow here kicks ass went for a hike yesterday in the waist deep snow and fell off a cliff!!! LOL, ...
    L8R
    Buck
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can't get right...
    Quote Originally Posted by VIA
    Hey man... do I know you.... I ride with the BBR guys... I been in BP few times too... I done that 'big drop' tons of times... did we ever meet...I have a DeVinci with a red frok.

BTW... the weather SUCKS here..

I've never met u yet but we'll bump into each other at Bethpage/Mtn Creek/Plattekill sooner or later. I've ridden w/ Iggy and Lucky, Juan, and Carl a little bit( and a bunch of other guys i cant remember) from BBR. I've got an Azonic Eliminator w/shiver for Dh and an azonic steelhead for DJ/ Freeride. maybe u've seen me around. My shop is chelsea bikes in the city on 26th and im always in there. Were going up to RaysMTB next weekend and we might have an extra room for one more guy. PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]. just got back from running my dog(see avatar) in the park thru tons of snow. Were both beat and ready for a beer/bowl/football playoffs.
    I watch the O.C. cause it makes me happy...

If misery was money i'd be the richest man on the planet.

Authority is dead!
    28" in MA
    For the love of Oi

Rent a house at Attitash

T.Dot Represent

stop complaining...

And Go Skiing Or Boarding!!!
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

go big or go home
    sweet, i remember when fort collins had that much snow...fun as hell

VIA
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dannymonky
    I've never met u yet but we'll bump into each other at Bethpage/Mtn Creek/Plattekill sooner or later. I've ridden w/ Iggy and Lucky, Juan, and Carl a little bit( and a bunch of other guys i cant remember) from BBR. I've got an Azonic Eliminator w/shiver for Dh and an azonic steelhead for DJ/ Freeride. maybe u've seen me around. My shop is chelsea bikes in the city on 26th and im always in there. Were going up to RaysMTB next weekend and we might have an extra room for one more guy. PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]. just got back from running my dog(see avatar) in the park thru tons of snow. Were both beat and ready for a beer/bowl/football playoffs.
    Cool man.. I know Iggy, Lucky , Juan and Carl...and also that shop at 26st.
    About that RaysMTB I'll PMyou.
    Attached Images Attached Images

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?!
    I don't undertand what all the b!tchings are about here. When I used to live in the Chicago area I always looked forward to the snow rides. They're a challenge and they're damn cold, but a hell of a lot of fun too. Go turn a plowed mound of snow into a tabletop or something...
    --Tod

"I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's law; I merely enforce it."

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I have the solution for you!