10mm outlaws- Mtbr.com

Thread: 10mm outlaws

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

New question here. 10mm outlaws

anybody got 10mm thru axel 135mm outlaws? want a pair but cant seem to find any

mtbr member
    There is a 12mm to 10mm step down axle you can buy from the Azonic website for $15.

http://www.azonicusa.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=116

HJB
    USA USA USA USA USA
    Are you looking for a wheel set or an axle? Jenson has the wheels here http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Wheelset.aspx and the price is good too.

Stray Bullet
    Don't buy the Azonic step down axle. The track nuts chew up your drop outs.

Buy the Atomlab 12mm to 10mm axle instead.

http://www.ride-this.com/product.php?item=20250001

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    Don't buy the Azonic step down axle. The track nuts chew up your drop outs..
    actually, get the axle from Azonic, go to your local hardware store and get some new track nuts for less than a buck (it's the serrated flange nuts that will mark your frame, the track nuts are the nuts with integrated washers) and save yourself enough to even buy another axle or some other goodies....

Meh.
    WCH is correct. Common misconception. True track nuts do not chew up the frame and they fasten the wheel much more securely.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HJB
    Are you looking for a wheel set or an axle? Jenson has the wheels here http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Wheelset.aspx and the price is good too.
    There is a guy on ebay that sells them for $199. JensonUSA price matches this guy too, at least they did for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AZONIC-OUTLA...QQcmdZViewItem

Old No. 7
    Bringing back on old thread for a new question.
    I need to find a similar axle but in 150mm insted of azonics 135mm, can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Also, do they make a 20mm step down to 10mm? I've never heard of such a thing but I may be needing something like it soon.
    06 888 RC2X FOR SALE! PM FOR DETAILS

...the mustache has spoken

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by switch55
    There is a guy on ebay that sells them for $199. JensonUSA price matches this guy too, at least they did for me.

200 bucks......that is a great price
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Specialized Rida
    Quote Originally Posted by switch55

If only everyone would price match ebay.

Meh.
    Some hubs have adapters that snap on and off to convert from 20mm to 10mm QR.

You'll need a new hub for 150mm spacing.

Old No. 7
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Some hubs have adapters that snap on and off to convert from 20mm to 10mm QR.

You'll need a new hub for 150mm spacing.
    I have a 150mm hub, I was wondering if another company makes a step down axle in 150mm because Azonic doesn't.
    And are there anyother options for the front other than a specific hub. My delema is I'm building new wheels for my demo, and have a P3 frame I'm using my old demo wheels for, but it's bolt on rear and I don't know if I can find a fork with a 20mm T/A for as cheap as I'm going.

Strike that first part, I just realized the P bike is 135 and my demo is 150. Damn.

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by fred.r
    I have a 150mm hub, I was wondering if another company makes a step down axle in 150mm because Azonic doesn't.
    And are there anyother options for the front other than a specific hub. My delema is I'm building new wheels for my demo, and have a P3 frame I'm using my old demo wheels for, but it's bolt on rear and I don't know if I can find a fork with a 20mm T/A for as cheap as I'm going.

Strike that first part, I just realized the P bike is 135 and my demo is 150. Damn.
    What bike do you have that comes with a rear axle that 150mm spacing but not 12mm axle?

There aren't many bikes with 150mm x 10mm rear hub spacing.

Old No. 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    What bike do you have that comes with a rear axle that 150mm spacing but not 12mm axle?

There aren't many bikes with 150mm x 10mm rear hub spacing.
    I must be confusing people with my lack of info...
    I currently ride a demo 9 (150mm x 12mm) and was handed down a Spec. P series frame. I'm building new wheels for my Demo right now, and wanted to use the old wheels on my P bike, so I needed some axle help with the different drop outs and most likey a bolt on dropout fork. But just now realized that the P is 135mm, not 150mm, so I'm kinda siht out of luck when it comes the the rear wheel.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    actually, get the axle from Azonic, go to your local hardware store and get some new track nuts for less than a buck (it's the serrated flange nuts that will mark your frame, the track nuts are the nuts with integrated washers) and save yourself enough to even buy another axle or some other goodies....
    I read somewhere that if you don't use 10mm axles in dropouts designed for them you can damage the hub. Any truth to this? Technically the azonic kit is 9.5 mm, so is that alright? I have a steelhead if it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by sovietspyguy
    I read somewhere that if you don't use 10mm axles in dropouts designed for them you can damage the hub. Any truth to this? Technically the azonic kit is 9.5 mm, so is that alright? I have a steelhead if it matters.

Where did you get 9.5mm? I'm not sure what you're talking about. You might be talking about threaded axles, in which case you need to find the proper size and thread pitch to match the threading on the cones...

If you want to know if you can use the Azonic step down axle on Outlaws on a Steelhead, the answer is yes. I've been running that setup for a while now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeMk
    Where did you get 9.5mm? I'm not sure what you're talking about. You might be talking about threaded axles, in which case you need to find the proper size and thread pitch to match the threading on the cones...

If you want to know if you can use the Azonic step down axle on Outlaws on a Steelhead, the answer is yes. I've been running that setup for a while now.

On the website for the azonic kit it says that it converts it to "standard 3/8" which is about 9.5 mm if you convert it. Anyways if you use it and it works then I will do that as well, thanks.

Old No. 7
    Quote Originally Posted by sovietspyguy
    On the website for the azonic kit it says that it converts it to "standard 3/8" which is about 9.5 mm if you convert it. Anyways if you use it and it works then I will do that as well, thanks.
    Sounds to me like Azonic is just using a general size for simplisity sake with the standard to metric conversion, kinda like people say 6in rotors insted of 162(or whatever it is) mm.
    AKA, it'll work fine.

Members who have read this thread: 0