100mm fork on Morphine or Scirocco?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

100mm fork on Morphine or Scirocco?

Looking for a new hardtail frame for aggressive XC/light freeride. I'm planning on using my current Vanilla 100mm fork for this bike. Question about the Banshee hardtails... Has anyone run either the Morphine or Scirocco with a 100mm fork? Pictures would be helpful. I'm also looking at other frames such as an Instigator, Rumble, CHameleon - the usual suspects. Budget is around $500.

Kill that $hit!
    Quote Originally Posted by p0werp0p
    Looking for a new hardtail frame for aggressive XC/light freeride. I'm planning on using my current Vanilla 100mm fork for this bike. Question about the Banshee hardtails... Has anyone run either the Morphine or Scirocco with a 100mm fork? Pictures would be helpful. I'm also looking at other frames such as an Instigator, Rumble, CHameleon - the usual suspects. Budget is around $500.
    Quite honestly, the Morphine may be a bit heavy for what you're lookin' for. You can build them up "kinda" light, but it's still a pretty heavy bike. You might be better off with the Scirocco if your gunna be doing more xc. But then again, the Morphine really is one bad a$$ bike. I did have a Chameleon for a while and really enjoyed that ride and might better suit you for xc and light freeriding. As for the 100mm fork, I had one on the Chameleon and like the feel, but I've never put one on my Morphine. Kinda seems like a waste on a frame that wants to be raked out. IMO........