1.5 Zero stack (frustum) reducer cups- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

1.5 Zero stack (frustum) reducer cups

Ok, so I'm stuck. Google turns up with nothing but the e*thirteen 1.5 reducer, so I need your help!

I just got a 2010 Giant Reign X frame, and I'm stuck with the challenge of reducing the lower headset cup size to a zero stack 1 1/8 headset.

However, the problem is that the frame uses the new Frustum standard zero stack version of a 1.5 headtube. So the e*thirteen reducer kit won't work. I'm now left struggling to find a reducer to save me from having my CSU replaced on my fork. And I just can't find one.

Anything that'll do the job (non bodged, preferably) I will consider, and most likely buy. I owe the boss enough already, without owing him the cost of a CSU and service as well.

Thanks for any help!

mtbr member
    misread post... go with what nagaredama said
    Last edited by Chumba15; 09-01-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Stray Bullet

mtbr member
    But that's my problem. All that I can find in both headset reducer cups and the complete systems is the normal 1.5 standard type.

The 1.5 standard external cup is smaller than that of a zero stack 1.5. Making this a hard task.

However, from what I'm finding from deeper, headache inducing searching is that both Cane Creek and FSA make crown races that will do this purpose.

I really wish I tried this hard at school....

mtbr member
    That's not a reducer headset, though. My aim was to use a 1 1/8 fork in the Frustum standard headset.

However, Krispy has informed me that the part I need is a FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 1.5 R lower race. So I'll get onto that in the morning.

Thanks all for the help!

Members who have read this thread: 0