1.5" Headtube FR frames/bikes- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    376

    1.5" Headtube FR frames/bikes

    I was wondering if anyone could list a few 1.5" headtube FR bikes (Full Suspension)... Hopefully complete if possible. I don't really want 8" of rear travel, about 7" max.
    FWIW, I am 5'5", 136lbs, 18yr old.

    If there isn't alot of choice, what bike can you guys recommend for someone who is a beginner (been riding since Dec '05), pedal friendly and not to expensive? I was thinking used, but I'm not sure how much people have thrashed thier bikes... any thoughts on that?

    anyways, thanks guys for your help.
    Laurence.

    BTW, my current ride is a 2006 Norco Sasquatch, any opinions?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    420

  3. #3
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,618
    Devinci, Transition, Yeti ASX, Trek Session 7.7, Iron Horse 7 point series would all fall in the reasonably priced and burly bikes.

    I'm sure there's more, but those are off the top of my head.

    EBX

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by borry
    1.5" headtube FR bikes (Full Suspension) about 7" max.
    ...and if not DirtBag (you wanted a choice), then this one should fit your bill as well http://www.yeticycles.com/Bikes/BikesASX.cfm

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cougar9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    317
    santa cruz nomad/vp-free

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    376
    I think I have made up my mind... The 2007 Transition DirtBag. cheap, reliable (or so I've heard) and looks sweet to boot!

    I was thinking of ordering the frame and fork (electric blue frame & RS Domain fork), and then swapping some of the components from my 06 sassy to the DB... Is that possible?

    Should I start a new thread or continue on this one?

    Thanks again all for the suggestions.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by borry
    2007 Transition DirtBag
    I was thinking of ordering the frame and fork and then swapping some of the components from my 06 sassy to the DB... Is that possible?
    Just be mindful of pontential compatibility issues -- there are different standards -- but you may ask Kely if in doubt (do you homework = compare specs first though)

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    376
    alright will do. Thanks.

  9. #9
    resident cynic
    Reputation: evannever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    251
    I don't know anything about that RS Fork, but DirtBags are great bikes.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz
    ...and if not DirtBag (you wanted a choice), then this one should fit your bill as well http://www.yeticycles.com/Bikes/BikesASX.cfm
    go-ride has the yeti on sale and cambria and adrenaline both price matched and more... according to them i could get an asx with a breakout plus fork to my door for ~2100... not bad...

    also, lots of nice used Trek Session77's on ebay right now, can easily be had for <1500 bucks...
    Life is all about honor... Get on 'er, Stay on 'er!!

    98% of all teens do drugs or have tried drugs; if you are in the 2% range you ~really~ need to get out more often.

  11. #11
    Professional Troll
    Reputation: Gemini2k05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,417
    cannondale's. The perp, judge and gemini

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 006_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,130
    Knolly V-tach or Delirium T. Or the Freeradical for a HT.

    www.knollybikes.com

  13. #13
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by borry
    I
    FWIW, I am 5'5", 136lbs, 18yr old.
    ?

    at your size a 1 1/8 would be fine too.....so don't limit your search
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rickthewelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by borry
    I was wondering if anyone could list a few 1.5" headtube FR bikes (Full Suspension)... Hopefully complete if possible. I don't really want 8" of rear travel, about 7" max.
    FWIW, I am 5'5", 136lbs, 18yr old.

    If there isn't alot of choice, what bike can you guys recommend for someone who is a beginner (been riding since Dec '05), pedal friendly and not to expensive? I was thinking used, but I'm not sure how much people have thrashed thier bikes... any thoughts on that?

    anyways, thanks guys for your help.
    Laurence.

    BTW, my current ride is a 2006 Norco Sasquatch, any opinions?
    Yea,
    Get one of these.
    RTW.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #15
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    I think just about any Cannondale or Ironhorse is 1.5 I know my yakuza is my first, and the 1.5 is totally such a sick option, now only to get a 1.5 fork
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  16. #16
    E86
    E86 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    135
    Get a Morewood Shova LT. I just purchased one a couple of months ago. This bike is awesome!!!! Can take anything you can through at it. Check them out at www.morewoodbikes.com

  17. #17
    Me hates pinchflat
    Reputation: 545cu4ch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    I think just about any Cannondale or Ironhorse is 1.5 I know my yakuza is my first, and the 1.5 is totally such a sick option, now only to get a 1.5 fork
    So you did get a yakuza?
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

  18. #18
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by 545cu4ch
    So you did get a yakuza?
    yep got some pics too, but I wont take away this thread with them. here they are http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2196671&page=2 scroll down a tiny bit to see them.
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  19. #19
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthewelder
    Yea,
    Get one of these.
    RTW.
    wow..............
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  20. #20
    Me hates pinchflat
    Reputation: 545cu4ch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    yep got some pics too, but I wont take away this thread with them. here they are http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2196671&page=2 scroll down a tiny bit to see them.
    Its really nice I thought that the paint was chicken-yellow from the IH page, but its actually gold
    Just curious.. how is your paint holding up? I have one on dark gray colour, and I find that my paint chips pretty easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

  21. #21
    Air Junkie
    Reputation: Sudden_Judgement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    206
    I'm pretty found of this, but I'm more of a slopestyle rider.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    376
    That BR looks sweet... maybe I'll biuld up one of those...

  23. #23
    e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    Reputation: themarsvolta55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,300
    answer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.